1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans to hire Bobby Slowik as OC

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Buck Turgidson

He's a Genius, He's an Idiot, He's a Genius, He's an Idiot....

How many times have yall flipped and flopped on this so far?

rusHour, MadMax, percicles and 5 others like this.
  2. Qan

Qan Member

Until the Texans win the super bowl.

3. Buck Turgidson

Forget it Jake....it's Chinatown

4. raining threes

Wonder what the talk on this MB would've been if Boyd hadn't dropped that TD and the Texans had lost. Personally I didn't have an issue with Slowik's playcall on the int. Slowik rightfully trusted Stroud and Stroud made a rookie mistake. (It happens) Hopefully Slowik will continue to trust Stroud in these situations.

5. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I'm not certain CJ and friends wouldn't have scored a TD if Boyd had caught that pass.

Also, I don't want to get used to having to overcome penalties and turnovers.

Stephen66 and raining threes like this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Every time CJ messes up isn't a "rookie" mistake. Joe Burrow threw two 4th quarter INTs against the Texans and he wasn't a rookie.

CJ just blew it on that play and being a rookie wasn't necessarily the reason.

raining threes and red5rocket like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Has the Slowik-Ometer gone back from genius to idiot for the 8th time this season?

raining threes and MadMax like this.
  8. Qan

Qan Member

Do you want it to?

We'll have next season to stew over it with him.

9. Buck Turgidson

If he called the 2 straight deep passes on 3rd and a foot....then yes, for this week.

Also, I just find the love/hate with Slowik amusing.

raining threes likes this.
  10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Its weird to me ryan's gets zero ownership of the offense. As if hes totally hands off

11. Buck Turgidson

I'd assume he's in control of the "go for it or kick" calls, but the individual plays are dialed up by the OC

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

When we run the ball over and over to no avail against carolina and atlanta, i would assume ryans signed off and helped create that game plan at the beginning of the week.

13. Buck Turgidson

You're not wrong.

"We are going to be a running team" and

We have the personnel to be a running team

are 2 totally different things.

14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Slowik has had some real head scratching play calls that imo kind of take away from his "genius" perception as an OC. The 3rd and 4th and 1 calls for down the field plays just seemed like it gave the game to the Jags. I guess he didn't think the line was capable of picking up the yard there as bad as the o line played today. Slowik at times seem to lack good in-game awareness.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I would love to know the actual play calls on those plays. Like....were both the play calls meant to have long developing deep routes only? Did the receivers option into something deeper because that's what the defense was giving them?? Was it Stroud that only chose to look for the deep routes, and ignored shorter routes or even tucking and running himself?? I have a lot of questions about those two calls, because there's an argument to be made that they still ended up being the two most situationally important plays of the game. If you converted that 3rd or 4th and 1, marched down the field and scored a TD or FG with 6-7 minutes left, then you could have potentially left enough time for yourself to even have one extra possession in the game. It's just baffling that Slowik/the offense seem to have at least 1 or 2 throwaway drives in the 4th quarter of every single game so far this season. That has to stop.

16. raining threes

Stroud did have Schultz open. With the lack of success in the run game I like the aggressiveness.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I can see Slowik crashing and burning as a HC since he wouldn't have Stroud to prop him up anymore.

18. HeyBudLetsParty

If the off-season was to start today, I’m sure he’d get interviews. Think he needs at least another year as a play caller, and would be smart to hold out for a good situation like Demeco did.

19. raining threes

20. raining threes

LoL