1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Tailgating Policy Change

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by marks0223, Sep 30, 2010.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I like how the vid slo-mo'd afterwards, and the sound was sounding just like bulls and cows just like our mascot.

2. Buck Turgidson

Really? Shocking.

3. SuraGotMadHops

I LOVE this new policy, price out the riffraff.

4. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

I was listening to 610 and they said that 84% of the people who got arrested on Sunday didn't have a game ticket.

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

This is simply a money grab by the team. If extra fans cause problems, such as congestion or the use of facilities, then don't be "ok" with all of those things as long as you can make $$ off of it. You can't say "this element is bad" but then say you are fine with that element as long as you can make $$ off of it. That's bullish.

I have more respect for you when you are just straight up. If you want to charge to tailgate then just say that. But don't spin it as something else.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

But if you have a parking pass you should have a spot available for you. I showed up an hour before kickoff in the yellow lot and there was nothing.

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't have a problem with this.

They're basically banking on the theory that most of the trouble-makers aren't going to bother showing up if they have to pay to get in. Kind of like I-45 vs. the Hardy Toll Road.

Personally, if I don't have a ticket to the game, the last place I want to get drunk and watch it is in a parking lot. Why would you want to bother with all the traffic if you're not even going to the game?

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Leave it to the Cowboys to ruin everything that is good and pure.

10. Roxboys

Roxboys Member

Went tailgating with a group for this game, had not been before and it was actually a blast. Didn't see any fights in our area but walking back after the game saw another fight that isn't on youtube and it was once again between only texans fans. It seems like they only had a few cops around for a LARGE group of people. Ramp up security and keep things how they are.

A small percent of people that can't handle alcohol ruined it for the majority. Would of done it again even as a cowboys fan but I guess that's done now.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

that "riff raff" helped build that stadium.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It seems like they are trying to meet the fans in the middle and not totally eliminate the non ticket holder tailgating, but limiting it to a number that is more reasonable for them to control.

I echo the congestion issue. I get very angry when I drive around trying to park because a bunch of tailgaters are taking up several spots. A lot of times those are the people who are not going into the game and they just setup a party.

13. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

Let me get this right. You can have a parking pass but no ticket to the game and I won't be let in to reliant stadium parking lots?? WTF?? I tailgate every home game. This dosen't make any sense.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

get a better paying job and buy tickets. Problem solved

[​IMG]

15. plee

plee Member

Listening to the president of the Texans on the radio, I do agree more control is needed. But if they would enforce the rules they have now there would be fewer problems like parking space (also I've been told that there are counterfeit parking passes so they have to address that). Paraphrasing the Texans pres. we don't want to setup a security force for 20,000 people, my response would be why not? $$$ is the answer...

16. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Member

So, that gives them the right to do what exactly?

17. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

I bought two full season Parking passes for $250 a piece plus rigged a Tailgating Trailer that cost about $1500. Plus every home game cost about $150-$200 in food a Game. This is complete Bull**** and the Best tailgating city is fixing to screw all that up. :mad: RAGE!!!!!! :mad:

18. REEKO_HTOWN

Stand in a parking lot.

Can't you stand in any publicly funded buildings parking lot?

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I could be wrong, but I think they are saying the people without tickets or parking passes now have to pay $10 to get in. I don't think they're saying they're locking out everyone who doesn't have a ticket.

I don't think this policy affects you at all.

Wow, what a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I have a tough time seeing how they'll be able to enforce this any better than Metro checks for tickets on the Light Rail. They'll worsen congestion to a ridiculous degree if they really check every car coming in (I assume they'll just want you to show a spread of tickets as you given them your parking stub)

I think the main way they'll do this is have the golf cart patrol stop and ask to see tickets when they see a big mass, or they'll mainly check anyone out there after kickoff.

There's already too much backlash - no way this doesn't get watered down to a barely enforced rule in rapid fashion. They can just keep it in their pocket to crack down during heated rivalry games (Cowboys, Saints, Titans).

Evan