1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Tailgating Policy Change

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by marks0223, Sep 30, 2010.

1. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Sounds weak.

I bet this has to do with incidents from the Cowboys Texans game in the parking lot.

3. Pocket Rockets

Was there something specific? I was in the yellow lot and didnt notice anything.

4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

There were a lot fights in the blue lots. It was such a huge tailgating crowd for the Cowboys game, there were going to be issues.

5. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Man this is going to keep a ton of people away from reliant on gameday. I wonder how many people just tailgate? 3,000 to 5,000?

6. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I like how they say tailgaters who don't have a game ticket add congestion and suck away resources and personnel that should be used for the ticket holders....

...and then they say, if you don't have a ticket you can basically purchase a guest pass for $10.

While I do see some of the logic in this, mainly the congestion aspect, I question their motives. It sounds like they're trying to make an extra $20,000 on game day. Extrapolate that out to the whole season, and the Texans could pocket up to $160,000....just from tailgaters.

If they truly are worried about congestion, but want to keep the tailgating spirit alive, why not just offer season ticket holders 4 tailgating guest passes free of charge?

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P7Eaf91LAJ4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P7Eaf91LAJ4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

10. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

This sounds like something Bud would have tried in Houston.

Do they really think only non-ticket holders in the parking lots tailgating are causing a "probem"... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Clearly just a money grab.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Bud didn't allow tailgating.

12. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Hence why I said "would have tried".

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

14. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

No Fun League.

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

They need the cash to help pay for Schobel's deal.

Oh wait.

16. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

That reminds me. He wasn't funny at all at The Improv that one time (very specific)

17. Mashing

Mashing Member

Incidents? This is more about the horrendous traffic and tailgaters taking up WAAAAAAAAAY too much space. I got there (as I normally do) over 2 hours before kickoff and there was nowhere to park in the blue lot. I had to drive around for about 10 minutes to find a parking spot after I got into the parking lot. That's never happened before.

1 person likes this.
  18. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

this, this and THIS

I occasionally tailgate at one of the pre setup tents in the blue lot....but when I dont, i park in the red and it is a NIGHTMARE finding a spot 20-30 min prior to kickoff. Half the time you have to argue with someone about moving their car that is taking up 3 spots...or their tent that it taking up 8..or a crowd of people just standing in a bunch of empty spots.

To tell u the truth, I sent in a complaint a few seasons back about this and Im glad they finally are trying to do something about it. Obviously more and more people have complained and maybe that fight was the straw that broke the camles back. Not sure what effect if any it will have, but I think its worth a try.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

At least no one was stabbed.

But Sucker punches are for p*****s.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Damn what a cheap shot in that vid.

I don't see this as being a huge deal. You want to tailgate. Buy a ticket.

You can get drunk anywhere and watch the game.