1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans SR Bowl Prospects

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tierre_brown, Jan 24, 2012.

1. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

http://draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Observations/Monday.php

Texans looked at Mike Adams (OT), Cam Johnson (DE), and Derek Wolfe (DT). An interesting mix of prospects in the trenches. Don't really think the Texans have a shot at Adams, as I think he'll go top 15-20. The 2 DLine prospects sound intriguing.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Practices/North-123.php

Mike Adams
    Cam Johnson
    Derek Wolfe
    Also, WR looks to be pretty stacked this year. One kid that I really liked a couple years ago was Joe Adams from Arkansas.
    http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.htm
    Him (and Broyles) could be good pickups in rounds 3 or 4 if a premier WR prospect isn't available in rounds 1 and 2.

Anyway, yeah, it's early, but I'm not ready for Texans football to be over...

1 person likes this.
  2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Based on his publicity photo, he'd fit in well with the Texans.
    [​IMG]
    He already has the bowtie. He'll just have to get Arian to take him hat shopping.

3. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Joe Adams might be the perfect replacement for Jacoby. Or Patrick Edwards. Both are ideal slot guys that can be dynamite PRs.

4. mastraw18

mastraw18 Member

Edwards has had a hard time catching punts while at UH. Countless number of games he either dropped or bobbled a punt. As a slot receiver, I think he would play better. As a PR, equal at best IMO.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Why are we looking for line help on both sides of the ball? I thought we were fine with the personnel we have already.

6. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

We were more than fine with the production from both lines.

The major issue is that no one missed serious time and the periods where the backup stepped in there was a noticeable drop off. The way I see it if we kept the current group as is, the production could only maintain (if everything goes right) or drop off (injuries, individual dropoff, etc...). Thus depth is key.

Given how much time other positions missed, its kind of surprising the lines went relatively unscathed.

#6 xcrunner51, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Basically depth and/or a future starter.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I think for the 1st few rounds should focus on the areas we are really needing. Then the latter rounds should be for depth....that's what I think.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well of course, but the only glaring need the texans have, assuming they keep the current guys they have, is WR. But you can still get a quality WR in the middle rounds so there is no need to force it unless they just love someone.

Texans are in a unique position where they can take the best available because, essentially, all the starting positions are locked up (again, assuming they keep everyone)

10. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I still think we need a stud DT/NT. The guys we have now are playing good, but I think we can still use an upgrade.

11. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Don't expect to see Edwards play in the game on Saturday. I was watching the coverage on NFLN the other day, and while Edwards was running a route he pulled his hamstring. It's a shame since Mayock was saying something nice about him when it happened.

12. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Yikes. He'll probably end up running a 4.35-4.40 but still...

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Reports say that some team will overpay for Chris Meyers. The Texans apparently are not willing to overpay for him, and rightfully so, when you have Arian and Mario as free agents. I don't blame them. If Meyers is willing to stick with the team, though, it'd be great. Otherwise, I'd rather try and find a center in the first or second round (there are a couple decent options available), than to lose Foster and/or Mario.

I hope we can keep Meyers, though.

14. drewd17

drewd17 Member

Heard on 790 yesterday that the Falcons were saying that they were going to offer him a big deal and the Buffalo was looking at Mario for a Peppers type deal 23 mill a year.

Can't lose them both

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

My concern is that the Texans will write off Meyers early in the hopes of shooting the moon and keeping both Foster and Williams. There's already light talk that the Texans are already eyeing C prospects in the first round rather than WR.

I'd rather they just focus on Myers and Foster...but I've let go of the idea that Mario may give a discount to stay...I don't think they have.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Money is one thing, and it's nice to get payed (which Mario already has), but come on. Buffalo sucks. It's cold, there's nothing to do there, and they are destined to never win a Super Bowl.

The Texans are light years ahead of the Bills in terms of talent, coaching, and divisional opponents.

I think anyone would be an idiot to sign with the Bills over the Texans, but that's just me.