1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans, SportsRadio 610 have renewed partnership through 2021

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

espn_afcsouth Paul Kuharsky
    #Texans have renewed radio partnership with CBS Radio in Houston. Games on SportsRadio 610 and 100.3 KILT through 2021.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn it, I wanted 790 to jump and get that!

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Meh... being the flagship of a sports team means making sacrifices. You might not like 790 as much if they added the Texans. The nature of 790 would change. Things would change.

Its fine the way it is.

Besides, you don't listen to the games on the radio anyways. None of y'all do.

3. msn

msn Member

erm, I do when I'm on the road and not in front of a tele.

Once you get too far from H-town, 790's signal is poo. 740 would have been best, but 610 is better than 790 (for signal strength, not for the buffoons who talk on that station afternoons and evenings).

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'm never home at the start of the game if it's a noon start. So I always listen to the first quarter on the radio.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i just wish they would get rid of Lopez and Ennis.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

ROCK AND ROLL!!!

:p

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I flipped over this morning during a 790 commercial and Lopez was arguing Weeks was among the Texans' more invaluable players. I decided I'd rather listen to commercials.

8. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Me too. Josh Innes has made me despise the station all together, and I had been listening to 610 for about 10 years. Now, you wont catch me even checking in except to listen to the Texans game.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

What is it about Josh Innes that so many dislike?

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He's naturally obnoxious, even when he's not saying anything you disagree with. Have no clue how he got that gig.

If 790 got the Texans, that station would suck and 610 would become the good one . Whoever gets the Texans has to play the good little soldier. Not always being the raging homer, but never allowed to really get after them.

You make the money, they're number one in ratings for a reason, but you're station gets neutered more or less.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

who cares.

I hope the Rockets move to 790 though.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He always turns any topic back to him...he has to be the center of attention. He is constantly talking about himself and it gets old.

His wanna be edgy schtik gets old...ok, you say "suck" and "ass", wow, you're so crazy.

His other schtik is to be argumentative and it's pretty transparent he will say something just to get a rise/response out of people. Which i understand you want to illicit a response, but do so with a valid point not some gimmick

DUring interviews, he will talk over guests and again, he dominates the conversation.

He is long winded, which is odd to say about a radio guy, but he turns a short statement into a minute long, tangential monologue.

13. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

He talks about sports 10% of the time, his life 80% of the time, then the last 10% ironically he spends talking about how people complain that he doesn't talk about sports.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Good, I don't want 790 to become Bob McNair knob polishers.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

If you're Howard Stern or anyone else remotely interesting or funny, that's fine. But if you're just some local uninteresting HACK who no one has ever heard of.....not so much.

He also doesn't know more than the average guy on the street about sports which is odd, considering he gets paid to talk about it on the radio.

He would be a better fit on some lame FM morning zoo type show. Maybe on 104.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I listen to the Texans broadcast, I have no problems with it being on 610, they do a fine job. It's their regular shows I have a problem with.

Not sure if this is right or not, but I think if let's say the Texans move to 790 or somewhere else, Marc goes too? Because he's tied to the Texans, and is a paid employee of the Texans.

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I think they've talked to him. I'll listen to 610 when they have Kubiak on and I'll give it a whirl if McClain is on and... Innes seems to have toned the personal rhetoric down. I think he's actually a very good interviewer and he does engage and provoke.

He absolutely, positively did initially talk WAY too much about himself; but it seems to have lessened. Granted, I don't listen to him that much so maybe I'm just hitting the high points and avoiding the rest.

18. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Texans Broadcast-wise, Marc follows the Texans.

Regular radio show gig, Marc has a contract with 610, but I'm sure it's contingent on the Texans being part of the station.

...at least that's how I imagine it to be based on what I've heard.

19. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Then he whines about people talking bad about him on Twitter. He seems to get a rise out of instigating crap.

As far as the Texans broadcast, they do a really good job presenting the game, and with the pre/postgame shows. I'll give them that.

20. underrated015

underrated015 Member

after matt, adam, and charlie left 610, its been dead. 790 is where you need to tune in for real sports talk.