1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign OL Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by texascityman31, Mar 10, 2010.

1. texascityman31

Texans agree to 4-year, $12 million deal with OL Smith
    By JOHN McCLAIN
    Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
    March 10, 2010, 6:33PM
    DAVID EULITT Kansas City Star
    Wade Smith, right, played the last two seaons with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Share Print Share Del.icio.usDiggTwitterYahoo! BuzzFacebookStumbleUponFree agent offensive lineman Wade Smith has agreed to a four-year, $12 million contract with the Texans.

Smith, a Dallas native, is an eight-year veteran who left Kansas City as an unrestricted free agent. His contract includes $4.25 million in guarantees.

Smith, who started nine games last season and 16 in his two seasons with the Chiefs, visited Buffalo and Arizona before choosing the Texans. He'll compete for a starting job at center and guard.

"We think he has a legitimate chance to start inside," coach Gary Kubiak said. "We didn't guarantee him anything about a starting job, but if he plays well enough to be one of our three-best interior linemen, then he'll start."

Smith, 6-4, 296, turns 29 next month. He played at Memphis. He spent four seasons with Miami and two with the New York Jets before signing with the Chiefs.

New Texans offensive coordinator Rick Dennison was Denver's offensive line coach three years ago when Smith was unrestricted. The Broncos tried to sign him, but Smith signed with Kansas City, where Dennison watched him closely the last two years.

Solid signing. He should beat out Myers at Center.

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

3. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

4. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Haha, is this a FAIL? "Texans Interested in Leigh Bodden", got it's own thread and I thought it was deserved. I like seeing official signings get it's own thread because then you won't miss it opposed to sticking it in the backpages of the Texans Offseason thread that is crowded with random pictures of the Stanley Cup?

1 person likes this.
  5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Well it would be one thing if he had the right name in the title. WTF is Hill? The guy's name is Wade Smith.

6. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

hahah good point. I didn't notice that, and I had this feeling something was off this whole time haha

7. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Dang I thought we signed someone else....

Exhibit A wear negative rep is due

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Second time I opened this thread to find out what OL named "Hill" we signed.

There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again.

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Texans signed Jordan Hill!!!!!!!!!!!

UPSIDE in that young fella, I tell ya what.. he was a 1st rounder in the NBA--of course he can play in the NFL. He's got the height for an O lineman...just needs to fill out that frame a ton. It'll happen.

I mean, did you see his "NBA rebound" ?

1 person likes this.