1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Texans sign linebacker Bradie James

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by BossHogg713, Apr 12, 2012.

1. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

former Cowboy.

@MarkBermanFox26
    Texans signing free agent linebacker Bradie James. Spent career with Cowboys

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

splish splash

Wade bringing one of his boys in....

#2 Rockets34Legend, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If Wade wants a former Wade player, I'm down with that.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can he cover TE's?

5. snc

snc Member

Wade_courtside_at_MSG.jpeg

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Scouts Inc. graded James as the No. 50 linebacker in the league, which is easily starting caliber. Sounds like a very nice signing. Here's their analysis from last summer:

James is a big, strong and fast linebacker who is effective versus the run as well as in coverage. He can bend and use his hands well to ward off blockers. He is a solid open-field tackler with pop and power on contact. James doesn't excel in pure man schemes but understands route progressions and how to play combination coverage. He is a quick reactor who attacks the line of scrimmage with precise angles. James is going into his ninth season in Dallas and provides great leadership, toughness and consistency to the Cowboys' roster.

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

filling in perceived needs to draft BPA.

Good to go.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Seems like a good move to fill a perceived gap. James gives us good depth at LB, and I'd imagine his on-the-field production should be equivalent, or at least on par with what DeMeco could give us (I hope). Bottom line: In Wade We Trust.

9. The Cat

Lance likes it, so I'm encouraged:

"Texans signing Bradie James is a GREAT thing. He's better than Sharpton and knows @sonofbum 's defensive system. Very good get."

https://twitter.com/#!/LanceZierlein

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

James is solid, Looks like another Wade move on the defensive side of the ball. Damn that guy knows football. I'm perfectly good with letting Ryans walk if they knew this was coming. Now if we can get another vet. Corner to replace Jason Allen and another pass rusher w/one of our 2 early picks, we're set!

Go Texans.

11. conquistador#11

I like it! with the emergence of lee, bradie had to get demeco'd .
    I remember the beautiful mind, wade, saying that because of the no offseason last year, he held his genius playbook back. I expect a full assault this year.
    great move.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

This signing would certainly factor big in the success or failure of the Ryans trade. Given Ryans somewhat lacking production last year, and James' familiarity with Wade's 3-4, I feel like we won't be losing much if any production. All while cutting a good chunk of salary.

Curious to know how much money the Texans have left once you take out their draft pick allotment of the cap. I'm still hoping they can scrounge up some money and actually get a solid #2 receiver.

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Awesome. Secondary free agent market is where you improve depth and this looks to be a good signing.

Have a feeling we'll see a couple of more low profile signings like this at some point, hopefully a WR and a guard.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Kendall Wright or Coby Fleener, come on down to Houston.

Great signing, in my opinion. Between Cushing, Sharpton, and James, I like our depth at middle linebacker. We can spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on another middle linebacker, if our staff feels the need. Possibly use the extra fourth round pick we got on one.

It's a great feeling to be able to go best player available in the first few rounds, which we should.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That guy was a beast at LSU.

In the NFL's he's been kind of mediocre at everything, completely average, occasionally has a really good game.

Obviously fits in the Texans defensive scheme well, so I'd say its a pretty good signing. If you can make a potentially weak position at least average that is at least making your team better.

16. The Cat

Texans also re-signed Tim Dobbins this afternoon, per Pancakes. Nice day for depth at linebacker.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Even better.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's almost as if they actually had a plan when they cut/traded/didn't re-sign all those players last month.....

:)

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Bradie James leads the Girls 4/5 years in tackles. Methinks that would be a touch above average.

20. showa13

showa13 Member