1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans should get Randy Moss

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DieHard Rocket

He does not fit our team persona whatsoever and it is not a position of need. Pass.

We need Kevin Walter and OD going over the middle catching the tough passes so Dre can get free deep every now and then. Moss is useless when going over the middle, so we'd end up using Dre in that role and he's already banged up as it is.

That, and I'd give it two weeks before either he had some stunt through the media or there were some "unidentified sources" within the organization reporting that there is tension in the locker room. We are not the Patriots with a decade of Super Bowl history.

2. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

i would love to see it happen, but it will not.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes. Patriots got a 3rd round pick in return. This is what they do, and they nearly do it every year. Every year some 30+ year old guy on the Pats who is a pro-bowl player wants more money...Pats skirt around the issue...then end up trading said player for draft picks. No matter how well they are playing.

You have no idea what happened in Minny, no one knows. To say he quit on them and there is no evidence of that. Everyone goes to that one play yesterday where he was interfered and didn't catch a ball that was about 2 feet ahead of him. Any ways, I wonder how many Vikings fans are happy to get rid of the quitter.

But we do have a idea what happened in NE because it has been building up for a while and also...Pats do this mess every year and laugh to the bank with another 3rd round or 2nd round draft pick

4. msn

msn Member

"Talent" and "potential" wise, of course! But what he'll really give you, the actual RESULTS you'll see, will NOT be better. Why would Minny cut him? Is their #2 that magnificent that they can live without this once-in-a-lifetime talent?

Yeah, about two plays per game.

Well, as one of the "a$$holes how spout this nonsense off", let me say this: my ability to run 35 to 40 "streak routes" a game has nothing to do with whether this quitter does his job. First off, it's not "35-40" "Streak routes". Secondly, the guy has the physical capacity to do it, he gets to sit on his ass and drink gatorade while the defense plays, and playing this *GAME* is his *ONLY JOB*. What a ridiculous, lame-assed argument. Dude's getting paid millions to run his ass off 16 times a year, and he's got it made the rest of the year (and the rest of his life). God FORBID anyone should expect him to actually play hard! Oh, the humanity!!! :rolleyes:

5. msn

msn Member

in the middle of the season? I don't think so.

He's been quitting on routes his entire career, at every stop. We know exactly what happened in Minny. More of the same.

It's really very simple.

* One team trades a guy away midseason (a rare occurrence)
    * The team who just gave up a 3rd round pick for him CUTS him for nothing in return!
    * Texans fan says, "Hey!!!! Let's go get that guy!!!!

Are you freaking kidding me?

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I guess so, You obviously have an agenda against the guy so no sense in going back and fourth.

I'll just say this. Every time Moss has a bad game he's apparently quit on his team. Much respect to the first ballot HOF player.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

I think he deserved to be cut for quitting on that pass interference play late in the game yesterday. Favre chucked it up in the air and Moss was burning down field, got a pass interference call. The DB then fell to the ground and Moss kept moving forward. The ball bounced right in front of him, but because the flag was thrown he didn't even try to catch it. He could have walked in for a touchdown easily.

I'm pretty sure it was that drive that saw Favre get knocked out of the game the next play or so and then Tavaris came in to put the ball in the endzone.

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

When you see the guy play... it shows. It's not just the stat sheet or "maybe he's having a bad game"... it's about effort... and there have been many instances where you can question his effort out on that field. It's not hard to see that when you watch a football player.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So yeah. Moss had a open TD and just decided not to catch it just because.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He didn't but he did quit on the play....

DD

11. msn

msn Member

Moss will go into the Hall of Fame for sure. What relevance that has to how he will perform right now is beyond me -- but maybe that's because I have "an agenda".

That's so lame, dude.

You claim the Pats trade all the time, I point out that they don't trade midseason all the time, in fact it's rare. I then point out how two teams have ousted him--one at the cost of a 3rd rounder for nothing (!!) -- and all you can come back with is "you're obviously got an agenda". Ad hominem: it's what works when your real logic fails you.

12. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

You could tell he broke it down right when he saw the flag was thrown and I think he underestimated how close the ball actually was. He seemed to be content to just get the penalty

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Go rewatch it. He didn't catch an open touch down because he quit on the play as soon as he saw a flag get thrown. Then the ball just bounced right next to him with the only defender within 15 yards on the ground.

He's a great player, but he quits all the time.

Edit: And by quitting he directly led to the play that got his starting QB knocked out of the game.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You have an agenda. Unless you personally know Randy you have no right to call him any of the names you have. I'd say it to ANYONE that calls any athlete a 'b****'. Some people get so wrapped up into professional sports and name call like they know the guy personally.

It does not matter to the Pats when the trade is going down. Yes it's rare but have you considered that the Pats went into the season because they had faith the contract issue could be handled? They had to trade him, and when another team is waving a 3rd round pick in your face they are not going to say no.

You seem to be the only one that thinks this is all on Moss and none on Childress.

I thought the same thing. He just didn't expect it. It was a mistake, but then players make these types of mistakes ALL the time and no one calls them quitters. Just look at how many lazy passes are thrown in a NBA game, that's the equivalent to what happened here.

Moss made a mistake, Occam's Razor ftw.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Why would Minny keep kissing a 50 year old quarterback's a$$? The coach cut Moss in a "lames-assed" attempt to show some authority because the whole damn team has witnessed Favre pull his pants down in front of the team over & over. Wild passes, HORRIBLE INT'S, refusing to go to training camp and refusing to sit to keep a streak alive rather than sitting for the good of the TEAM! I think I'M GOING TO THROW-UP if have to watch them drag his old a$$ off the field again. Yet the coach keeps kissing his old a$$!

As far as Moss goes, he’s better than any receiver the Texans have not named Andre Johnson. And Andre would be damn lucky to ever match just some of the numbers this "quitter" has put up! He’s a no-brainer Hall of Fame player genius!

Lastly yeah the guy is set for the rest of his life (or should be!) but don't blame him for his money, Hell these Billionaires have more money than Moss will ever see and can afford to pay him out their pocket change!

And deal with your jealousy and inability to do what Moss does which is probably why you so incessantly call him a “quitter" Blame God, you got dealt bad hand!

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also, the relevance that Moss is a first ballot HOF player to him being a quitter.

Well...look at the players in the HOF? How many of those guys are quitters and quit every week like people claim Moss does? Exactly.

The difference is Moss got a bad rep for what happened a few games early in his career and most notably Oakland. So now whenever he has a bad game, whenever he misjudges the flight of the ball it's "He quit." I'm willing to give a HOF player the benefit of the doubt.

17. msn

msn Member

I have an opinion. Go learn the difference.

"no right"? Really? I'll grant you that my name-calling is over-the-top.

My observations, however, are not. We don't know the guy personally, but we DO know his body of work. And that two teams just ousted him in the space of four weeks. One at the cost of a third round pick. That much we know. Dude has historically quit. I *hate* when athletes quit. As such, I don't want the guy to play for my favorite team. It's my opinion. I'm sorry you don't like it, and I'm sorry you haven't been able to talk me out of it so instead you resort to ad hominem.

Dude. If Moss was such an amazing difference-maker, why would any team in a playoff hunt trade him midseason? Will next year's 3rd round pick beat the Jets this year?

Yeah, I'm the only guy who's arguing against acquiring Moss. Just me.

Moss has built up a resume of quitting similar to T-Mac, with the notable exception that he's actually won something.

18. msn

msn Member

If Moss were a choirboy everywhere else he went, I'd pay attention to this argument.

Nothing to do with jealousy--let me clarify. (Because I'm happy for Moss and AJ and *anyone* who lands a payday like that--good for them!)

I am expected to put in an honest day's work at my job every day. And if I don't, I put my employment at risk. And what a LOT of hard-working folks who go to work everyday want to see out of pro athletes is nothing less than what's expected of them: work their asses off; no excuses.

If you quit on your job, you don't deserve your paycheck. That's all I'm saying.

19. No Worries

No Worries Member

What the Texans need is a play quitter!!! Super Bowl, here we come.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Did I say you did not have an opinion? But your opinion is laced with an agenda. You come into the thread calling him a 'dumbass' and 'b****'. Other people have said they have not wanted him in this thread, but none of them are going after him like you have.

Yes, because I think it's lame when people call other people such names having no clue about the person they are talking about. Just that he quit on a few games without knowing anything else.

I'm not attacking you, i'm attacking your opinion which includes that Moss is a b**** and Moss is a quitter. You're saying he only plays hard for 16 plays a year, yeah a HOF doing that in the NFL...Moss is so great he can run go routes 2 times a game and put up this...

Receiving yards-14,778

Receptions-948
    Receiving touchdowns-153

Difference is if Moss doesn't make a play on the ball I believe he made a mistake before it got to him, others just jump off the cliff and says he quit. Just like the PI play yesterday. Go back and look at the play, really look at it. Moss had his eyes on the ball and he begin to stretch out his arms when he realized he couldn't catch it he stopped the attempt.

You have no idea why he stopped. There is a similar play where Britt is going for a ball so hard that's in front of him...and pulls his hammy. How do you not know his hammy was tightening up on him and he thought better of it? Do you know? I don't, but I know it's harder to think that a HOF WR would just say no to a TD.

Man the Patriots don't care. Look on their forums, most of them would like to have him back but most are ecstatic about a 3rd round pick. A 3rd round pick has tremendous value in the NFL. A 3rd round pick for the Pats is literally gold. They will either keep it and draft a player that we'll be talking about 2014, or they'll trade it down for more picks...or trade it up for a player they really like. Either way they win again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.