1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans should get Randy Moss

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tharges

tharges Member

Espn analyzed his route running and said the reason he would quit on his routes is because he had achieved drawing the double teams. The issue was that he needed to conserve his energy for late in the game. I think the guy gets a bad rap, he has proven that he can be dominant. Line him up with Andre and with our running game and Schaub throwing the ball we could outscore anyone. Have jacoby run back kicks and punts.

2. emjohn

emjohn Member

I'd think the most probable matches would be:

Giants
    Eagles
    Redskins
    Bears
    Falcons
    Steelers
    Chargers

But who knows.

I doubt Indy or Tenn ends up with him. I don't think the Jets, Ravens, or Pats are going to chase him. Steelers strike me as the only playoff spot "rival" we should be concerned about.

3. msn

msn Member

AJ & KW already beat Ocho & TO.

Oh, I "see" the argument; I'm just not buying what you're selling. How did the great Randy Moss help the receiving corps in New England this year? How about Minnesota?

Dude quits on routes. There's no "relieving pressure on AJ" when he doesn't even run his damn route.

Open your eyes. Moss is a loser. If the Texans need TWO "#1-type" receivers (which Moss ain't) to beat a team, then the problem is some bad game planning and scheming (or you can't run the ball, like what the REAL problem was last time we played the Jets).

Again, why are we so hot and heavy for a has-been receiver? Can he play DT?

4. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Kenny Britt for the Titans is suppose to be out for a "significant amount of time". Im hoping he doesnt end up there

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is how well built teams are made. They don't pass up on opportunities to upgrade a position.

Rex Ryan isn't like "Oh, we don't really need Cromartie. We have a shut down corner already we need to address other areas." Rex is thinking "Wow, we can have two pro-bowl Corners. That's going to be a problem for other teams."

We have no shot at upgrading Corner or DT. I could see if Haynesworth or Bailey was waived today. But they weren't and it's looking unlikely that they will be.

6. msn

msn Member

I disagree. Compare other teams' depth charts to the Texans. Don't make the mistake of comparing KW, et. al. to everyone else's #1.

Do you honestly think that's how one should evaluate receivers? Teams "game plan" for offenses, not #2 guys on the depth chart -- and that goes for any team. Ask the same questions of the #2 guy on any team, and you'll see that it's a pretty irrelevant question.

I disagree again. Who's caught the most 3rd-and-long conversions this year? Look it up.

Actually, he would be a detriment to other parts of the team. Because he's a whiny b****. Secondly, at this point he is *not* better than what we have. He QUITS. That's not "better".

I don't think so.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Gary Kubiak is soo conservative.....

8. msn

msn Member

so, how did adding TO work out for the cowboys?

Cromartie isn't a b****. Hence the difference.

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Member

The DT/CB argument is boring and old. Unless you're telling us that we're passing on a CB/DT who can help us, why even bring it up in discussing Moss? It's irrelevant.

Do you honestly think he wouldn't help the Texans? He has more yards and TDs than our "second best WR" Kevin Walter does. How would he not be an immediate upgrade? Because Kevin Walter tries really, really hard when he's not catching TDs?

I could care less about how many "#1-type" WRs the Texans need to win as long as they win. Randy Moss makes us a better offense and there's no reason why we shouldn't seriously consider it.

Well said. You always take talent when it's available. Nobody wanted to touch Moss after Oakland, but he had a nice little stint with the Patriots. You always take available talent and upgrade your team, whether that's the weakest or strongest part of your team.

10. eric.81

eric.81 Member

Sorry, but replacing Jacoby with Moss and allowing Jacoby do only focus on punt and kick returns would be helpful. I don't see any way to argue against it.

Remember, Moss has never been a locker-room problem when he's winning.

Doesn't change the fact that this won't happen...

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You obviously have something against the guy lol.

12. msn

msn Member

Duly noted. I disagree, but duly noted anyway.

Yes.

How much did he help the Vikings? How have the Patriots coped with losing him?

There's more to winning games than passings stats.

13. msn

msn Member

I generally dislike b****es.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much.

This is a opportunity to improve your football team. If it doesn't work out...oh well, it's only a one year thing.

Moss is a playmaker and also TO is working out pretty well for the Bengals, it's the other guy who hasn't played well.

1 person likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Patriots win regardless. They always replace big time players. Hell look at Matt Cassell on that team and look at him on KC. Belicheck is a hell of a coach who plays to his teams strengths perfectly, teaches discipline, and hides his teams weaknesses...and steals playcalls.

This isn't the Patriots getting better without Moss, Patriots would be 6-1 regardless. The week before they traded Moss they blew out a team.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

My fantasy team can testify to the success of Percy Harvin, while Moss was in purple :)

17. msn

msn Member

alrighty then.

18. Mr. Space City

schaub doesn't have the arm strength to throw those lobs to moss

kekekekekekekeke

i keed i keed

19. codell

codell Member

This.

Repped.

Why anyone would want this guy, in his current state of mind, on their team, is beyond me. :confused:

20. msn

msn Member

how'd he do last year without Moss?

We overblow this whole "Moss relieves pressure on the other guys" nonsense. It's overrated.

And I love the ESPN "he quit because he'd already drawn the defense away" apology. That is awesome. Your QB is running for his life back there looking for an open guy, but it's ok for this quitter to quit on his route?

For me, I'd like Reliant to be as b****-free as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.