1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans release Sam Montgomery, Cierre Wood and Willie Jefferson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 21, 2013.

1. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

...and I've never shared a (tobacco) cigar with anyone, either. They get all chewed up, wet, and nasty. You don't share any of that mess with your homies, that's for sure.

This falls in the "what makes the most sense" category for me. Does it make sense that 3 dudes were sharing a tobacco cigar in a bathroom and that the team fired them for that? Probably not. Especially not after using 2 valuable roster spots on 2 guys who were undrafted and using a 3rd round pick on the other guy. It's got to be more serious that just a tobacco cigar.

Of course these idiots are going to act like the innocent victims. Evidence is gone so what do they have to lose?

2. the shark

the shark Member

Montgomery threw Wood & Jefferson under the bus.
    From what I've read he said he "walked into the room and was basically in the wrong place at the wrong time". Why would two guys smoking a cigar be considered the wrong place?

Wood & Jefferson were undrafted free agents.
    Smith used a 3rd rd pick on Montgomery after it was already out there by the LSU coaches (specifically the strength coach) that this kid had character issues.

Championships start from the top.
    Obviously McNair isn't going to fire himself.

It's time to get rid of Kubiak & Smith.

3. Indaface

Indaface Member

The Spurs have been awesome the past 20 years i'm not denying that. That definitely helps out the one or two stats you pull out to prove your point while ignoring the main ones. I never said the Spurs were a little better than the Rockets just that they are closer to them than the Lakers and Boston historically.

How many different head coaches have won titles with the Spurs? How many Hall of Famers do the Spurs historically have?

They have been a good team historically, but to compare them to the all time great franchises is asinine.

Celtics (18)>Lakers(17)>>>>>>>>>>>>Spurs(4)>>>>>>Rockets(2)

Sorry for the derailing of the topic everyone.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

They can sign with the Cowboys now. :eek: We don't employ people who refuse to follow team policies.
    Maybe Watt might smoke a J in his house or in Houston, but not during a road trip. Maybe... or at least I hope that's the case. :(

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

In the last twenty years I would argue the spurs are the best franchise in the NBA. They are consistently good. Been to the finals a bunch. Won a bunch of rings. Only sucked one year.

6. Indaface

Indaface Member

I wouldn't disagree

7. Grinds

Grinds Member

Spurs don't have to be on par or better than BOS or LAL to be a great/historic NBA franchise. Stop holding them to the ultimate standard.

Oh, you forgot the * by the Rockets' 2

8. Indaface

Indaface Member

Ah now I see i've been trying to have a discussion with a troll. Well done you suckered me into trying to have a discussion.

Continue on.

9. Grinds

Grinds Member

You're suckering yourself if you don't think MJ's situation deserves mention. AGAIN (because I already said this 5 posts ago), "not saying we wouldn't have still won", just saying MJ deserves mention. Same with any team who won.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

No doubt. I was just talking about how it was an easy decision because they were a zero factor for this team. Just like Holliday, Jones, Demps, etc.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9863995/agent-sam-montgomery-says-release-houston-texans-mar1juana

12. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Most of those teams deserve an asterisk then since mj was either playing baseball or retired

13. Raven

Raven Member

I think it's hilarious that only after the Texans become the league's most disappointing team (outside of NY), and only after McNair hears his tax payer funded stadium erupt in applause when Schaub is injured, do we finally start getting some accountability.

With three no name players.

14. Grinds

Grinds Member

Most of those teams deserve an asterisk then since mj was either playing baseball or retired

Quoted from post #189. Do you dudes just scim posts? The other guy missed some key ish too.

OR, maybe I'm being trolled!!!

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

The Rockets asterick thing has been beaten to death around here......but at least those discussions have been IN THE CORRECT FORUM.

Should I gave you directions to the GARM?

Tldr.....drop it in here....this is way off topic.

16. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

New England will sign at least one of these players.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Also--are the Texans the only team that won't allow pot smokers? Haven't they read the latest polls indicating the country's acceptance?

18. Raven

Raven Member

The Spurs are probably the best run franchise in all of pro sports.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Maybe it was a skin cigar?

;)

DD

20. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Damn it

They were just trying to learn how to play the skin flute