1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans release Ryan Mallett

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rocketpower2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Those are really the important questions a football team has to ask themselves. Ignore football talent, it's the alarm clock game that matters.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

How about, should you keep someone around, that can't even outplay those on your team, who shows no maturity or leadership at the position that needs it the most?

Even if Mallett goes on to transform into Peyton Manning, it was still the right move to cut him. Hindsight is 20/20, and he was not a professional here.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He can possibly turn into this year's version of Manning, but I'm not sure he has that much uspide.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, the Ravens are certainly happy that the Texans' first priority isn't about winning. And if the offense never gets going, the Colts might end up happy about it too.

5. Two Sandwiches

I'm sure they will be. Totally sure.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I hear that Baltimore is looking for more fans... maybe you should consider following your favorite QB there and sharing all your deep insights with them..

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know you aren't the brightest person here, but I'm a Texans fan, not a Ryan Mallett fan. IF you were a more intelligent person, you'd probably realize that me not liking that we got rid of Mallett was only due to not wanting the Texans to end up in the situation they currently are in now. Since you are how you are, I'll just ask that you not eat the crayons.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I still think Jalen Strong will end up being a pretty good WR for us long term.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

How the **** has Big Ben only put up 3 points!? Fantasy football baby it's a wild ride!!!!

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Matthew Hasselbeck (shoulder) officially ruled out rest of game. Charlie Whitehurst now QBing Colts.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/681194481060855808">December 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Two Sandwiches

Mallett's best contribution to the Texans this season would be beating the Steelers today. I'd much rather face the Jets in the playoffs than the Steelers.

Mallett gonna Mallett. Remember the Cleveland game last year? He'll come back down to earth. He was just focused for a game for his one time o'er year.

12. Mr. Clutch

He's completing 70% of his passes and still just getting 6.1 y/a

He's terrible

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

5.4 y/a now. Mallett gonna Mallett.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wasn't he playing with a torn Pec he didn't tell the team about?

15. Mr. Clutch

Seems like his pec may still be torn

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, but cut them some slack, they are doing the best they can.

17. Two Sandwiches

Nope. Cleveland game, he had a good game. Best the team looked all year. I was at that game.

The next week was against the Bengals, when he tore the pec (IIRC), and he looked like Mr. Hyde.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most QB's with a torn pec would look bad, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to hold that against him unless you are just trying to further an agenda.

19. Two Sandwiches

I never held that game against him. In fact, last year, I was one of his biggest defenders. Actually, I thought you were the one that blamed him for costing us the playoffs by playing that game. Course my memory could be bad, though.

But boy how he came back down to earth once the season started and he was healed.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't blame him for playing poorly with an injury, I blame him for hiding his injury which led to the loss.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now, he's on the Ravens and doing well for them.