1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans release JJ Watt

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Phillyrocket, Feb 12, 2021.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Why would he leave one dysfunctional organization for another one with a meddling owner, irregular playoff team, no QB on a contract longer than 1 year?
    Plus, his worst playing days are good days for many other defensive linemen in the league.

Uprising likes this.
  2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Especially when we all know it's not possible to have a HOF career anywhere else but Houston and being one of the most respected athletes is definitely wayyyyy more important than the desire to compete for a championship with an organization not looking to rebuild (also with a more stable front office).

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

4. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

lmfao. ahh, I needed that laugh today. thank you.

Zen Tabak and mikol13 like this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

People called James harden a diva for playing a HOF career with Rockets, and he also wanted out to chase a ring. Yet u r giving Watt a pass for demanding a release after realizing the Texans r 2 sht, him wanting to leave is just quitting on the team. Hell u r literally on this forum daily shtting on watson for wanting to quit on the team, not finishing up his contract. It's not whataboutism, if your FKING STANCE IS that all players should b held accountable to their contract, Watt does not get a fking pass just b/c he played here longer, he needs to finish his contract then he's free to go.

posters on here btch about how watson is actively trying to sabotage the team by demanding a trade, Watt getting to leave an already sht defense helps no Texans. Literally the guy gets to weaken the defense, get out of his contract, and we get nothing in return.

Instead of seein your fake outrage about franchise loyalty and what not, u giving him a pass. quite pathetic.

Nook, clos4life and Sooty like this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Someone sent me that earlier, to which I said, that's fake. A really good Easterby impersonation, but it has to be fake....right?!? Right?!?

Kim, mikol13 and desihooper like this.
  7. DCRocket

DCRocket Member

LOL what a convenient double standard

clos4life and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can’t say I blame JJ Watt this past year has been a disaster and it’s not looking like things are getting better. Watt have his all for this organization and I’m not going to fault him for leaving. I felt the same way about Harden and didn’t begrudge him leaving either.

We might as well say goodbye to Watson. Watson hasn’t earned the respect that should be given to Watt but I don’t blame him for wanting out given how messed up things appear to be.

Nook likes this.
  9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Man, lol. 25 posts in 5 years? Post more breh.

10. DCRocket

DCRocket Member

I tend to observe. But like others, the Watson situation has me revved up to a new degree. The situation is unprecedented.

11. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

that’s really for all three teams, two for inept ownership and one for a major scandal.

Houston is the black sheep or the ugly duck or whatever u wanna call it of the sports world

Uprising likes this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Go screw your self Jack you have now cost this team a lot and now we losing JJ to boot this team is going to *ell in a bucket not even a handbasket .

#192 edwardc, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Theking and mikol13 like this.
  13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Release, WTF?????? This organization can’t do a damn thing right.

14. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Pretty sure it's a fake lol. At least that's the hope.

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This ****er is delusional on a scary level. I bet he self-flagellates with a cat'o nine tail made from rosary beads...

mikol13 likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a double standard at all, they are completely different situations.

JayGoogle likes this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Don’t kid yourself. Watt quit on Easterby & Cal. He had enough. He begged out. Why give them anymore blood sweat and tears? He knows Watson is gone and why waste anymore time in this dumpster fire?

Nook and Two Sandwiches like this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol so is Harden's and Watson's.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Nobody is ok with him being released. We wanted him traded. He’s a vet who serves no purpose on this team anymore. Texans are dumb af.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sooty and Nimo like this.