1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Texans] Predict the Week One Starters...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DieHard Rocket, Aug 4, 2009.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I've got football fever, and thought this might be interesting. Name your starters for week one...I mean other than the obvious.

Who is your pick to win battles and start week one at the following positions:

1) WLB: Zac Diles, Xavier Adibi, or Cato June?
    2) CB: Dunta Robinson, Fred Bennett, Jacques Reeves, Glover Quin, Antwuan Molden (pick 3 - two starters and the nickel. This one should be interesting)
    3) NT: Deljuan Robinson, Travis Johnson, Shaun Cody, Frank Okam
    4) SS: Nick Ferguson or Dominique Barber
    5) FS: Eugene Wilson, Brandon Harrison, or Troy Nolan
    6) RB2: Chris Brown, Arian Foster, Ryan Moats, or Jeremiah Johnson?

My picks:

1) Diles. Adibi plays in likely passing situations, but I think Diles will get back to the level he was at last year and they'll have no choice but to play him. I'm stoked about our LB's.

2) Reeves, Bennett, and Quin. I think Dunta will suit up and might see some action week one, but I don't think there is anyway they start him. Lot's of raves about Quin around the media so far during camp, too. He left yesterday with an injury but should be fine.

3) Robinson. Travis is on the fringe, and Okam isn't ready. Robinson is all-heart.

4) Barber. Just going out on a limb. No real reason.

5) Wilson. I think Harrison is garbage, hopefully Nolan can be the future.

6) Moats. He was productive in Philly, and I think he can be solid here as a backup. I think Foster will end up taking Brown's roster spot, and Johnson might go to practice squad.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

1) WLB: Zac Diles. I think he is the better player, but Adibi is close. From what Kubiak has said, I think he'll try to play Demeco and Cushing on passing downs. This may be wishful thinking on his part.
    2) CB: Dunta Robinson, Fred Bennett, Jacques Reeves (nickel). Dunta nad Bennett are the two most talented at the moment, but Reeves could pass Bennett easily if he played the ball more.
    3) NT: Travis Johnson. If healthy, I don't see that anyone has wrestled the job away from him. :(
    4) SS: Nick Ferguson. Not really much difference in skill.
    5) FS: Eugene Wilson. More experience.
    6) RB2: Arian Foster. He seems to be more fit for scheme.

3. Anticope

Anticope Member

WLB: Diles. Played pretty well before the injury last season, so I think he'll take over the starting spot again.

CB: Bennett, Reeves, Quin. I just have a feeling that this Dunta situation is not going to go well and even if something does happen to get him back on the team, I doubt he'll be ready to go in game one.

NT: Okam. Kubiak seems to really like the guy and I think he will eventually be the starter, so hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.

SS: Barber. Seems to have a pretty decent skill set, so I expect to see him out there with the lack of other options.

FS: Wilson. I think Wilson starts the season as the starter but is eventually replaced by Harrison.

RB 2: Foster. I actually think it will probably be Moats, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Foster turns out to be the big bruiser we need to complement Slaton.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

WLB: Diles - Was our leading tackler before breaking his leg last year.

CB: Reeves and Bennett - Unless Dunta shows up before week 1, I don't think you'll see him start right off the back.

NT: Robinson - Played well in the 2nd half of last season and Kubiak has been praising him a lot lately.

SS: Barber - Could be Ferguson, don't think it makes a big difference.

FS: Wilson - Last year's starter, played pretty well for the most part.

RB2: Brown - Kubiak has kept him on the team for a reason IMO, I think he's itching to see what he can do.