1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans OTAs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, May 23, 2016.

1. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Doubt it - they would not have brought Osweiler in in the first place if they had high aspirations for Savage.
    The guy from State of the Texans was at the OTA's and was surprised by Osweiler's athleticism.

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

This is my story as well I haven't been this optimistic about the team since before the 2012 season.

The key to the season is how much the offense has improved with all the additions, but I like that they finally got the message that this team needed speed and bad.

3. CallMeTheDream

If this happens, oh boy they'd have a lot of explaining to do. And it should start with, "Rick come have a seat in my office" :grin:

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I think what has most fans super excited (myself included, but I regularly get drunk on Kool-Aid) is that Texans approached this offseason with a plan and contingency plans. No matter what happens, at least we know they tried. It all rests on Oz now.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

[​IMG]

;)

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> waived OL David Quessenberry with the Non-Football injury designation, source said. He has battled cancer.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/737640783457705984">May 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Damn... I was really rooting for him to be the feel good story that we would hear about all season long. He's already won the war that really matters though, and hopefully he stays connected to the team in some capacity.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I wish him the best of luck, not only in football, but in life.

I hope he can make his dreams come true, if not here, but somewhere else.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hate to hear that about Q but he really was facing a deck that was stacked against him.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think this should be a thread by itself. From a health perspective, this would suggest he has not recovered 100%. Prayers for him. There is probably a reason why they decided to do it now and not wait it out. It's not like there is a roster spot involved and we are about 3 months away from training camp. Mostly speculation on my part, but not good news for DQ.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Apparently they hope to re-sign him if he clears waivers.

14. Buck Turgidson

There's also a big difference between being cancer-free healthy and being ready-to-play-NFL-football healthy.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Could be any number of reasons...they might see it as such a longshot to make the team with the current depth that they are giving him a chance to go somewhere else and make it....could be worried that he is jeopardizing his long term health to try to make it...or he is simply not the same caliber athlete anymore after recovery.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

When I say recover 100%, I mean returning to where he was before getting sick. And that was "ready-to-play-NFL-football healthy" like you say. I'm sure that was his goal and the goal of his doctors.

17. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Strong getting widespread recognition from everyone who has been watching OTAs. That is extremely encouraging.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So is the undrafted TE they picked up, everyone is talking about him having great hands. He's basically a WR, but he's yet another awesome receiving option. The offense should be stacked if Brock isn't terrible.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

IIRC Quessenberry still has monthly cancer treatments until February 2017.

20. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

I had high hopes for Savage but my main concern is his injury history. I'd have no confidence he could make it even 1 game.