1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans not going WR in the first round?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SuperS32, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Generally, that's more common in the immediate aftermath. If you rest and rehab and properly heal the hamstring, there shouldn't be any lingering issues or increase of re-injury.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Nah dude, it's common knowledge that a pulled hamstring increases the likelihood of another hamstring pull 14 months later.

That's all I needed to hear. Time to send AJ to the glue factory. RIP. :(

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Some people just have to be miserable all the time apparently.

1 person likes this.
  4. cardpire

cardpire Member

never said it was common knowledge. just said that you were talking out of your bum without having a clue, as usual.

hey! look what i found in literally 4 seconds of google searching!

http://www.mendeley.com/research/predicting-hamstring-strain-injury-in-elite-athletes/#page-1

ask your buddy Ric to explain anything in there that you are unable to comprehend.

5. DonnyMost

Like I said, glue factory. NEXT MAN UP.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Andre himself was scared his career was over last year.

7. DonnyMost

Would it make you feel any better knowing that this study you linked to found correlation only in people who had a lengthy history of recurring injuries in one hamstring only?

AJ hurt his right hammy against Pittsburgh. Hurt his left hammy against Atlanta.

His first injuries of that kind ever, and as Hey Now!™ said, there were special circumstances surrounding it that led to many injuries of the sort last year.

So, praise allah, no glue factory for AJ just yet...

#87 DonnyMost, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Ryan Broyles anyone? Not in the 2nd round but just to draft him somewhere in the draft.

I know he's undersized but he's a talented WR out of OU.

Yeah there's an ACL risk with him since he's coming off an injury, but if he works out, I think he can be really good.

9. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

I would love him with the 1st 4th rounder

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

It isnt so much about replacing AJ entirely. Or getting the next STUD wideout in the 1st round. I do think any WR taken within the first 3 rounds and even the 4th round would be an IMPROVEMENT on what the Texans already have. So any WR taken in the mid rounds is a safe pick.

Of course there's cap figures and all that which goes into things, having Jacoby be a return man is double benefit. Walter is like the "Battier" of the offense with his intangible blocking, sytem isnt geared to feature a WR2, look past the numbers, etc etc...

Its why is it okay to bolster EVERY OTHER position for DEPTH, why is it okay that AJ is All World, but there's an issue having more weapons at WR? Why is AJ's greatness accepted, and everyone else's mediocrity justified? I don't think anyone SERIOUSLY believes Jacoby is "all you need". AJ 9 catches for 115 is cool, but no one else is "built" for that (by "design")...

But no one's complaining about TJ Yates for depth and potential when you had Schaub and Leinart.

11. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I could get on board with that. Before the acl injury he was being talked about being a top 15 selection