1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans need to keep the big 3 healthy

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big MAK, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/09/texans-need-to-keep-big-three-on-offense-healthy/

There was 8:16 left to play last week, Foster, Schaub and I think AJ (not positive on AJ) were all still out on the field... and remained out there to the last minute. Score was 30-10.

I would have liked to see them take out Foster and AJ starting that drive, and Schaub the next offensive possession. We obviously won the game, there was no reason to keep injury prone players on the field and risk injury. I know they want give the starting team more chances to play together, but it's a long season, there's plenty of time for them to play while the games are close.

If I remember correctly, didn't Schaub get injured last season at the end of a game where the score wasn't close? Shouldn't Kubiak have learned his lesson?

I know there are people on this board who know more about football than I do, so if there's a reason to keep them playing in a blow out, I'd love to hear it. If these guys have never played together, or some of them were rookies or new to the team, I could understand. But, they're not.

If the game is a blowout into the 4th, I'd like to see Tate, our back up QB and other WR on the field getting practice, rather than risking injury to our core starters.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

They need to keep EVERYBODY as healthy as possible, aside from a few third or fourth tier guys that barely see the field.

While Foster, AJ and Schaub are the most important for our offense and you have Joseph, Cushing and Watt for the defense there are so many ofter moving pieces that help those guys succeed (defensive line, smart OLBs, offensive line, TEs, etc.) that to say just those 3 or 6 are all we need would be insane.

Literally the only disposable position on this team right now would be Holliday, because we have potential returners and either Brahman or Nading, because we would have to retain one of them for depth but hopefully won't require both.

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Also in the news:

Patriots hope to keep Brady, Welker, Gronkowski healthy

Packers "really happy" Rodgers was not seriously injured Thursday night

Eagles worried about keeping Vick on the field.

But slightly more seriously,
    With Tate back there, Foster is not as do-or-die for us. It would be ten times more devastating if Cushing went down.

5. conquistador#11

classic pancakes the add oil, milk and egg variety.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Brown. Joseph. Cushing. Watt. I'd take em' all over Arian.
    Stomach cancer. Scoliosis. Gingivitis. I'd take em' all over Pancakes.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Where is got em coach? This thread needs mcclain memes, stat.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

C'mon man, this is terrible. No **** Mcclain.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Someone has Tate on their FFB team