1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans make me appreciate the Rockets a lot more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Dec 14, 2014.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Take this eggball fake sport BS to the Texans forums. Leave the GARM for a real sport like basketball and a real winning team with high aspirations like the Rockets.

2. hmittal

hmittal Member

Nothing to do with luck man, they have mismanaged their salary cap and not drafted well in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, which is key to building a deep team that can compete year after year.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

lol sigh.. I like you man

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I've been watching the Texans since 2004, never took a year off or started late like the general Houston area has. I want them to suceed more than anyone. All this thread was for is appreciating the "success" (with quoatation marks) the Rockets have done, disregard those postseason disappointments.

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Thread still relevant. Lol. Sigh. Go Hoyer though.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

To make matters worse, now the Astros have gotten their sh-t together after a decade. And they've got a young core that could be good for many years. Even more competition for the Texans.

8. bmd

bmd Member

And what's amusing about that is that the Astros' GM is like the Daryl Morey of baseball.

9. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Why did Jose bump this stupid thread?

Eggball sucks, Texans suck and Wahat or whatever that nobodys name is sucks.

Rockets are the real deal and James Harden is the face of Houston.

End of.

1 person likes this.
  11. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

lol, dont ever change, FTW.

I'm the same way but you always stay consistent & full tilt on this subject.

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Will Houston ever stop being primarily a football only town, in terms of general popularity?!

I really do think JJ Watt is the best NFL player in the world right now, but the Texans will be mediocre until they find their superstar quarterback or have a good enough quarterback with an elite defense and dominant running game to make ul for the quarterback deficiencies. Right now, we might just have a potentially elite defense, mostly due to Watt's dominance, but we are stuck in mediocre land with a team that will probably never got the 1st pick in the draft unless nearly everything goes wrong. No team is going to trade or let go of their starting quarterback or a quarterback with real potential unless there are major red flags. Unless we stumble on the next Russel Wilson and buff up our running game and defense, we will be stuck with 9-7 seasons. But our front office hasn't shown to deserve much confidence that that will happen.

Are Houstonians really going to support a team that has basically no hope of ever being a true contender?

I know they are right now, but for how long?

Especially when you consider the Rockets, and now the Astros, has two teams that have bigger brighter days on the horizon. Rockets are basically there and have a team that can realistically win it all. Not many "ifs" about this team, as Morey said. The Astros might actually make serious noise this year but are built to be a very great team for the next decade or so. Will there ever be a shift in popularity that focuses more on the Rockets or Astros, or at least one that isn't so football crazy and more balanced?

I love my three teams but having to listen to 24/7 Texans talk when the other two teams are light years better is so frustrating.

13. hakeemthagreat

Yep. The Texans would rather stay mediocre if it meant having "high character" mediocre talented guys. They refuse to take a chance on a possible star if his record isn't squeaky clean. Very frustrating

14. bmd

bmd Member

I feel you... but this will always be a football town. It's Texas.

The NFL is very popular all over the country... add that to the fact that Texas is one of the most football-crazed states at every level of competition, and you can see why it's Texans 24/7.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I've said this in other forums...but the NFL is insanely crazy. It's transcended being America's favorite sport to being America's favorite entertainment option, arguably.

In many weeks, 3 of the top 5 most watched TV programs will be NFL football games. Hell, the Monday Night Football pregame show is the most watched program in the country at that time.

This is not just a Houston or even a Texas thing.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Sure, it's happened before. If the Rockets or Astros win a championship(or even get to the Finals or World Series respectively), that'll definitely dampen the city's enthusiasm for the Texans if they're still mired in mediocrity. H-Town was so into the Rockets back in the mid-90's that they didn't seem to mind letting the Oilers leave for Tennessee. Granted, that was in part due to so many people here hating Bud Adams, but it also shows you how fed up a lot of fans were with the lack of playoff success by that organization.

And God help the Texans if BOTH the Rockets and Astros win titles.

17. Ranny

Ranny Member

Texans, Rockets, Astros ugh!! when are the Dynamo going to get some love? :confused:

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Well, at least Texas's head coach is fine, there is a hope with the current coach, we will see. Hoyer was ok last year before he got injured. No one can predict Foster was injured again, but someone said that the owner did predict a possible injury of Foster although I did not pay attention to the original prediction, do not know what he has said about the Foster injury.

19. val_modus

val_modus Member

The worst of it all is the never ending onslaught of unapologetic Texans fans who lash out at you if you complain about the team's lack of direction and poor management. "SUPPORT YOUR TEAM NO MATTER WHAT!"... Get that crap out of here. We as fans have a responsibility to vent out if the product we're paying hard earned money to support isn't producing.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Never liked the Barkley trade

Rocket River