1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Injury Report

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by bobmarley, Sep 26, 2012.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

As of today...

Tim Dobbins, LB Questionable (hamstring) Sep 25

Quintin Demps, S Probable Sep 24
    Comment: Demps underwent thumb surgery Monday, the Texans' official site reports. It sounds like he will not miss any time. “I have not talked to him since he’s got out, but he is expected to be fine,” Kubiak said. “He may have to play with a cast. He did play the second half with a cast yesterday.”

Lestar Jean, WR Out Sep 24
    Comment: Jean has a meniscus issue that will require surgery, the Texans' official site reports. He will miss at least one game because of a meniscus injury suffered in the Texans’ Week 3 victory at Denver on Sunday. He will have arthroscopic surgery on Tuesday morning. “I would say he would definitely be out this week, but we think it’ll be a brief return here,” Texans coach Gary Kubiak said Monday. “Hopefully a couple weeks.”

Matt Schaub QB
    Comment: Practiced without any issues on Monday after taking an illegal blow to the head from Broncos linebacker Joe Mays. “Matt is fine,” Kubiak said. “He took his normal Monday, worked out with the team and threw a little bit.”

So it looks like the only change we will see is that Posey will be activated for this week's game.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jean is down, damn.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Time for Keyshawn Martin to have a breakout game.

4. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

seems like every time jean was targeted something good has happened. i trust kubiaks judgement with bringing these guys along but i would love to see jean get more PT...

someones gonna need to give andre some rest i wonder if posey takes some snaps...

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

The way I heard it when it was announced that Jean would be having surgery, Posey is going to be backing up Walter and Martin would be backing up Andre, due to having been worked out at all of the wideout positions.

Posey will probably be targeted before the end of the first half unless the game is close.

6. bobmarley

per SR610: Johnathan Joseph missed team practice today with a sore groin. He is expected to practice tomorrow and should play Sunday. He is probable.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Andre Johnson and Arian Foster were limited for rest purposes in Wednesday's practice, and will return to full sessions on Thursday.

8. Marteen

Marteen Member

Looking forward to seeing Posey get more playing time. Let's see if he was worth the 3rd round choice.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Anyone with medical knowledge know about this meniscus surgery usually goes? Surgery tuesday and the report makes it sound as if he'll be good as new week 6. Wishful thinking?

10. bobmarley

I looked it up on webmd yesterday and there are multiple answers. There are three different types of meniscus tears and each can be a different size. The surgery that is done is an arthroscopic surgery (knee scope); where they go in and repair the tear. I trust what the Texans are saying about this and what their doctors are saying. On webmd it says you can be back working and moving within a week of the surgery but I imagine because Jean does more physically demanding work they will take a couple of weeks and do strength training to make sure he is ready to go. Jean is a good weapon but I feel confident that Posey will fill Jean's role nicely while he is out.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Nope. Apparently Casey had the same surgery last year

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Gary Kubiak says CB Johnathan Joseph did not practice today and he'll see where Joseph is tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/251389425781727233" data-datetime="2012-09-27T18:34:44+00:00">September 27, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Damn, in yesterday's presser, he said that he was expecting J-Jo to be back today. Typical Texans spin I suppose. Oh well, I'm all for keeping J-Jo healthy, even if it means sitting out this Sunday. We should be able to get enough pressure on Locker for him not to take too much advantage of our secondary if Joseph is out.

1 person likes this.
  14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not at all. Often the longest thing that takes for them to come back is the healing of the cut. He should be back no later than GB

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Texans coach Gary Kubiak says cornerback Johnathan Joseph (groin) went through his first full practice of the week &amp; is ready for Sunday.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/251739295029792768" data-datetime="2012-09-28T17:44:59+00:00">September 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. bobmarley

That's good news with all of the passing Locker will be doing this weekend.

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Passing by his coach on the way to the bench. Passing away when JJ kills him in the backfield. Passing out coupons to Cosco after the Texans D makes him quit football. Passing over as he prays to god he makes it out of Sunday alive.

18. bobmarley

Like I said, a lot of passing. :)

19. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Is Cody out? Rotoworld lists him as out.