1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TEXANS IN-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Sep 20, 2023.

1. HeyBudLetsParty

I’m probably in the minority here but I didn’t love the red helmet blue Jersey combo, I love battle red day and wish they made that the home primary with a couple deep steel blue games mixed in.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Red helmets with red jerseys is just too much for me. I thought Sunday's look was clean, sharp, and had the right pop of color in every way. I absolutely love the red helmets, blue jerseys and pants, with red and white letters and piping. But even in general, those red helmets might be the best looking helmets in the league. Starting next season, they need to be the primary helmets, and white needs to be the secondary. I'm ready to retire the deep steel blue helmets altogether.

megastahr and houstonstime like this.
  3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I’m dying to see those helmets with a white on white jersey/pant. Think that would look clean AF. Assuming we have gotten past the liberty white curse haha

4. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I think it's more than just the color. It's the flaked look. I've liked it since I first saw it in the 70's on GM Autos.

The other helmets would be improved with that flaked look too.

But I suppose everything is changing next year anyway.

5. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

We're 1-4 now in Liberty White Jerseys. I'm not sure that means the curse it over, but it's a start.

houstonstime likes this.
  6. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I'd love to see a Battle Red Jersey which transitions from red (top) to blue (bottom). Whether it's shading or some type of Flame to be determined.

7. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Of interest to no one but me, I finally figured out why I had a brain connection to Baylor every time we discussed Devin Singletary. Mike Singletary played LB for Baylor when I watched them in the Cotton Bowl in 1980. (My dad was a Baylor Graduate)

raining threes and red5rocket like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

I've never seen a group of grown-ass men spend more time talking about the colors of another group of grown-ass men's clothing.

Please, yall don't stop on my account. It's part of what makes this place "special" :)

raining threes and Hemingway like this.
  9. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Men concerned about fashion is pretty gay. Women concerned about fashion is just petty and narcissistic.Come to think of it, that's why it's gay.

raining threes likes this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You know you just woke the woke.

11. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

lol!

12. Buck Turgidson

I'm wide awake

13. Buck Turgidson

There's times to dress for comfort and there’s times to dress for style

Also, I have it on good authority that every girl's crazy about a sharp-dressed man

#573 Buck Turgidson, Nov 22, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
  14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

You could have left it at, "every girl's crazy..."

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Looks like the ketchup bottles are back for the Jags game!!! I for one love the look!

mikol13 and MadMax like this.
  16. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Bring in Leonard, they need linebackers and he says he wants to prove to the Colts that he can still play...good enough for me...Irsay probably doesn't even know what year we are in, how the heck is he going to know who can or can not play...

17. Qan

Qan Member

Texans don't have the money to claim him and it'll be stupid to do so. Of course if he makes it pass the waivers, it'll be stupid to not try and sign him at an affordable price. A lot of teams by then will be competing to sign him.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It's not just the player, but at what cost that determines a player's value to the team. It's also a reason good players are often available. They need the cap space and good players often have the large contracts to free up the space.

19. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

No one is gonna claim him cuz I believe it’s an $6 million cap hit this year and $11 million next year. Y’all need to get that ish through your heads. If he clears waivers then the Colts have to cut him. Then he becomes a free agent and the Colts are on the hook for the cap hit and his guaranteed money.

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member