1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Texans hold players-only meeting

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Sep 30, 2013.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This was needed.

Clear the air and move on.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Schaub after the meeting

*Turn down your audio

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/54_U4VAxdC8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yes it was.

How many Ravens fans thought they would win a ship after we spanked them? Didn't Facco throw 8 picks on Sunday? I'm still believing until I can't believe any more.

You know what else? **** the fans that actually attend the games. They were loud yes but I guess they felt bad about the Titans game embarassment. Then they proceed to burn jerseys. Pathetic.

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

If you noticed the DB's haven't been burned deep since he's been there also right.

5. sammy

I think we was somewhat close on getting a pick from a tipped ball too.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Hard to get burned deep when the front 7 is getting to the QB in 1.27 seconds. Ed Reed is noticeably slower and so far a negative.

7. the shark

the shark Member

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I hope he said something along the lines of "that was a terrible play call and next time, I'll either audible if I see the D lined up for it, or take the sack...my bad; I'm sorry."

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Don't be so dramatic. It was ONE 'fan' and ONE jersey, you drama queen.

10. Raven

Raven Member

A players' only meeting is useless because the players have no authority to make changes. It's not like they can vote to replace Schaub or their head coach. They have no power to change anything, so it's giant waste of time, an utterly meaningless gesture.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It's a joke, man. See the " :p " ? Not being SRS at all, brother. Relax. :grin:

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You get on the same page, you show support for one another, etc...

It can bring a team together in times where issues can lead to tearing a team apart.

13. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

14. sammy

HAHA.

15. sammy

BS. There is a reason Schuab left twitter. I was using the jersey burning as an example and plenty of people in the other thread feels it was idiotic.

All of these so-called fans can go root for the Pats, Broncos, Saints, Packers. You want an elite QB? Stop watching Texans games bc we know what we have.

That doesn't mean we can't still do it big when the time comes.

I know a couple of Steelers fans who laugh at Texans fans bc they feel like Texans fans believe that they are entitled to a SB berth. Give me a break. We were never the favorite. We're still exactly what we thought we were...nothing more than contenders, which I'm fine with.

#55 sammy, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not necessarily. Schaub lost the game, but the whole team sent themselves into a downward spiral, which put Schaub in that position. A fumble, penalty, missed tackles, dropped passes, etc.

If they close out that game earlier, Schaub comes out with a great game and feeling good, which could have been all he needed to shake off his pick 6's. Regardless of whether we think Shaub can lead them to a superbowl or not, we can all agree this team should be 3-1, at least.

17. Raven

Raven Member

They're a football team not a damned boy band!

18. Raven

Raven Member

19. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Contenders based on freaking what? The Texans are barely 2-2.

Before you spout off rubbish about Ravens/Flacco..... In 2011, Flacco was a dropped pass away from going to the Super Bowl. In 2012...Super Bowl ;that included 11tds 0ints*.

Secondly, show me ,in the history of the NFL, a QB that had zero mobility and zero arm strength that won a Super Bowl.

*doesn't include games vs Jags or Titans

20. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Must have been awk to hear schaub rally "his" troops.

I always just feel bad for AJ. Probably most productive a receiver could be with this junk.