1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans hold players-only meeting

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Sep 30, 2013.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Reed's too old and slow to get to the sidelines. ;)

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This really doesn't make any sense. He's been back for two games now, and he hasn't really been thrown to much. It's not like he's done a terrible job of blowing an assignment or missing a big tackle to allow a TD. The Texans got Ed Reed for the post season, if they happen to make it to the playoffs, then I'd judge him by those games which are what actually matter. There's nothing he's done to say he duped the Texans into paying him money.

3. Grinds

Grinds Member

While I think Ed has been a nice addition to the team, the whole hip/surgery thing is a clear reason to think someone wasn't fully honest. Everything might still work out though.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's good to know that it's Arian calling this meeting. The few times these go down, at least publicly, it's the captains arranging it. Arian's the one guy with the persona to light a fire underneath this team's, or Matt's specifically, ass. We all love AJ, but he's a man of few words type of guy.

The negative side is that the only players meetings that are made known to the public are the ones for teams that are well along the downward spiral. Last year the Eagles and Steelers both held one mid season. I think the Bucs just held theirs this season, where the coach has probably already lost his team. The players only meeting is almost as damning as the coach's vote of confidence for any particular player.

5. the shark

the shark Member

Is a players only meeting going to magically make Schaub into something that he obviously isn't?

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Arian may have called the meeting, but apparently it was Antonio Smith who did most of the talking.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ed Reed avoids contact, hid an injury, skipped camp, I don't care if he's a hall of famer, right now, at this time in his career, he's a phony. Oh ****, he looked so great out there on Sunday while our front 7 feasted on a depleted Seattle offensive line. Seattle's receiving corp is among the 5 worst in the NFL.

Right now, as it stands, Ed Reed has been garbage. He has plenty of time to get better but he has no business speaking at a team meeting right now. Go sing Two Tickets to Paradise. Phony.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

would have been awesome if keenum and yates were invited but no one told schaub about the meeting.

9. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Lots of fair weather fans here, pretty pathetic. If this team would have held on to that 20-3 victory you all would be hooting and hollering how we are going to go into San Fran and crush them.

**** happens, Cushing gets a concussion, defense gets run on by Wilson. The D makes what looks to be a game clinching interception and Matt throws what will probably go down as his biggest mistake ever. Schaub nots great but he is better than half the QBs in the league, he is not going anywhere this season unless we are out of contention. All the crying and jersey burning is not going to change who our owner and GM are.

Stop your whining for Keenum, he sucks hes as small as thumb tack and his arm may be a tad bit stronger than Schaubs. "He can't be any worse than Schaub," actually yes he can, a lot worse. Please don't try and compare him to Brees that's a slap to Drew Brees face. I don't care that he lit it up in a supped up version of Division 2 NCAA.

Fact is, we have maybe the best defense in football (barring an injury to Cush, Watt or Joseph), and the best duo of running backs in the NFL. There is still a lot of football to be played and if your not riding or dying with Schauby and Kubes, see you next season, maybe.

3 people like this.
  10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That's what Ive been trying to say for the last few days...but my English sucks compared to yours. Well said.

11. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

He is small? Height wise?
    He is 6'2, Schaub is 6'5 and Yates is 6'4 (according to Wiki)
    You are talking a difference for 2-3 inches in height

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He's closer to 6'0 than 6'2"...the listing of 6'2" is false.

13. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Schaub speaking to us about United Way.

He was introduced as having a bad start to his week...loll

2 people like this.
  14. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

All I know is that I'm 6'1" and Case is shorter than me.

16. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm 6'3" with minimal mobility and a noodle arm, maybe I can be Schaub's replacement when he retires.

17. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Heard about it on the radio, Owen Daniels said apparently Foster was leading it and Antonio Smith was mentioned as well. Makes sense since those two are among the longest tenure would be the least likely to hold their tongues for anyone's opinion which is probably what the team needs.

Hope everyone, Schaub included, took it to heart and will have a better game Sunday night.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

But do you have enough battle fight in you? I assume not.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Matt Scahub even does his charity speaking laying down . Ugh.

20. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

From KHOU 11 Sports: