1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans hire DeMeco Ryans as Head Coach

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 31, 2023.

?

Do you like the hire of DeMeco Ryans?

This poll will close on Jan 31, 2025 at 3:26 PM.
  1. YES

97.1%
  2. NO

2.9%
  1. liveguy

liveguy Member

DeMeco and Kingsbury would be a dream combo.

Please let this happen!

If we draft Young on top of that, Texans will have WON the off season.

Hopefully that translates to wins on the field in due time.

cbass and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Just bring this with you Kliff

[​IMG]

RasaqBoi, body slam, liveguy and 6 others like this.
  3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Looks like he's a believer in TEs. Mayer, Kincaid, Washington at #12 I guess. :D

4. donkeypunch

Would definitely bring a SPREAD offense.

RasaqBoi, Shark44 and Verbal Christ like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Jesus NSFW holy crap

6. donkeypunch

You better keep posting to get to the next page then cause that thing of beauty doesnt deserve a spoiler.

zeeshan2 and red5rocket like this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

SPANK ME SPANK ME

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No offense, but you're so on the ball with twitter and stuff, I figured you'd be one of the last people to post that. Not sure if it's the work angle or the amount of internet you have to be doing.

I mean this in jest, and as a compliment, too.

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Speaking about an elevated position on the offensive staff, likely OC though senior offensive assistant role would make sense as well under the right circumstances. … We will see if he ends up on the Houston staff.”

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Also in this interview he says Kliff has deep connections with Demeco and Caserio. Have no idea what that is.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The things that have to be said to cover up the relevant things that really matter is ridiculous.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stephen Adegoke is in his first season as a 49ers defensive quality control coach. He joined the 49ers after spending the 2021 season as a defensive graduate assistant at the University of Michigan.

Last season, Michigan's defense was led by DL Aidan Hutchinson, who finished the season with 14.0 sacks and was a consensus All-American. The Wolverines held opponents to an average of 17 points per game and 330 total yards per game, as Michigan earned a trip to the College Football Playoff semifinal.

Adegoke went to Michigan following two seasons (2019-20) as a defensive graduate assistant at the University of Florida. The Gators defense finished tied for seventh in the country and first in the SEC with 35 sacks in 2020. Florida also registered 73 tackles for loss which ranked tied for 21st in the nation and second in the conference. Florida held opponents to an average of 257.5 passing yards per game on the season.

A native of Snellville, GA, Adegoke spent three years (2016-18) at Mississippi State University, where he appeared in 16 games and registered 14 tackles, three passes defensed, one interception and one forced fumble as a safety. He transferred to Mississippi State from San Diego Mesa College where he spent two years (2014-15). He earned his bachelor's degree in business administration from Mississippi State in 2018 and his master's degree in sport management from Florida in 2021.

#615 J.R., Feb 10, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    zeeshan2, Rudyc281 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  16. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

My only issue with Kilff, is that coaches like him have a preferred play style that typically clashes with Defensive Head Coaches. He wants to air it out every play and obviously doesn't want to run the ball, but guys like Meco, ex LB, DC, wants explosive plays out of the play-action and run game. I'd have a hard time trusting Kliff to be willing to run it like that.

And before anybody says, "but James Conner was a stud on my fantasy team", please note, that with Kyler Murray at QB (20 games), James Conner averaged 12.6 carries per game. Not saying it can't work, but I think currently constructed, Pierce should get more than 12/game.

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

When has Kliff clashed with a HC? Or is this just some made up ****?

18. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Bro, just tell me you didn't read the post. Since Kliff has been in the NFL, he's been a HC. So he hasn't "clashed" with anybody. I said that his air-raid offense will typically clash with a defensive HC. He's never worked for a defensive head coach as an OC. Under Sumlin, he didn't have a problem airing it out as much as possible. But Demeco doesn't seem like that's something he wants... which leads me to my original point: I don't trust Kliff to adjust his philosophy to fit the more conservative scheme.

houstonstime likes this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

his offenses were also mediocre every year until this one when it was bad.

primtim24 likes this.
  20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I did read it. You can’t just say he’s going to clash with Demeco because he likes to air it out. He should know coming in that this isn’t his team and if he doesn’t produce, he won’t find another HC position. I hate how people make up **** to say something PROBABLY won’t work when a person has never clashed with a coach before.

Sooty likes this.