1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans get Demaryius Thomas

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RasaqBoi, Oct 30, 2018.

1. raining threes

Some people appear to be better at hiring than others.

2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Gents,
    I like a good debate as much as any of you, but the truth is both GMs contributed to the team and our current success. I complained about Smith, but loved the move he made to get Watson. I originally thought the Os signing would be great, but it didn't pan out. Gaine appears to have done very well with limited draft picks, which was a sore spot with Smith, but its only his first year drafting for us. I love the DT trade, but hell he hasn't even played a game yet.

No one is perfect, but a 5 game winning streak is sure nice for the team and us. Time will provide more clarification on the debate, for now let's ride the wave of winning and have fun!

Svpernaut and macho GRANDE like this.
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

All aboooooooard!

4. raining threes

Not enough quality things to put a true contender on the field.

Are you saying it wasn't past time to move on from Smith?

Smith trained Gaine? LOL Parcells was Gaine's mentor.

5. raining threes

Yep, it seems some would rather defend Smith than enjoy the ride.

I'm sure there was one, but how many 5 game winning streaks have the Texans had under Smith?

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Am I wrong to expect a decent day from Thomas?

I think Watson is the kind of quarterback that knows where his talent is at WR. I think he'll take advantage of Thomas's big body in short situations. I expect a stat line of something like 8 catches for 85 yards and a TD.

mockster likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IIRC didn't we have our best season with Rick? Didn't we have a top defense with Rick? How long was Gaine here with Rick?
    Maybe it was time to m9ve on, maybe it wasn't. All I'm saying is Ricks tenure here wasn't terrible. It wasn't good either, but at least they kept us engaged.
    Gaines is having a great start as GM. Whose to say that he didn't learn a thing or two from Rick?

Rocket River likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This wouldn't surprise me coming from Demaryius. This is what I have been hoping from Jordan Thomas. That would definitely solidify him as a weapon for the Texans.

raining threes likes this.
  9. raining threes

The best season one playoff win and out. Just like with BOB. That's as good as it got with Ricky and it was time to move on. Gaine said in an interview Parcells was his mentor but if you want to give Ricky credit go ahead, but I will be LOL'ing at you.

Crutch City likes this.
  10. raining threes

A RZ weapon that the team has been lacking.

coachbadlee likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Never ran plays for him again after the 1st Q.....

DD

red5rocket likes this.
  12. Newlin

Newlin Member

That's what I was going to post. I thought that was strange. He looks a little slow to me. But speed isn't everything. Disappointed he wasn't utilized more during the game. That first quarter had me pretty excited.

Chanmarr and macho GRANDE like this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

you could tell thomas was embarrassed at the end of the game. he was holding himself accountable if they lost, especially after that false start penalty that turned the 3rd and 5 into the 3rd and 10.

He ran off the field as soon as it ended. Seems like a good teammate that will be a lot better after the bye week.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. Nimo

Nimo Member

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Never easy dealing a franchise favorite who has passed his prime. Best just to be honest with him and try to trade him somewhere he wants to go.

Svpernaut and coachbadlee like this.
  18. Pringles

Pringles Member

Not sure why, but I couldn't stop thinking about Andre Johnson's last year(s) when reading DT's interview.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

20. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Pat with his usual hot takes... no crap that is good run defense, they held them to under 80 yards rushing. The only reason that game was close was because Cunningham was out, so their TEs ran wild. We needed our backup LBs to step up, and they all were duds. McKinney had more tackles than the rest of the LB core combined. If Cunningham can be healthy, and if Cole comes off of IR - this defense is going to be scary.

Luckily Justin Reid is the man, and stepped up to be our defensive MVP for the game, with 10 tackles, 9 of which were solo - and a fumble recovery. Reemboi and the Badger had great games, but no one had a better game on the defense than the rookie, RJ20.