1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texan's fans opinions on Colts/Jaguars

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by dkamberi25, Aug 2, 2016.

1. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Non Texan Rocket fan, curious as to what the perception of the Colts and Jags are entering this season. I think it's safe to say that it will be a 3 team race for the division as the Titans are still rebuilding.

Do Texan fans believe we will see a Colt team more like the 2014 and 13 teams? Or has the league caught up to them and without a solid D and run game they will be more like they were in 15?

Are the Jags ready to take the division with their playmakers on offense and continued stocking of talent on the D? Or are they still missing something that will keep them from being a winning team?

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I foresee the Colts and Texans being neck and neck for the division for the bulk of the season, with the Texans ultimately taking it.

The Jags will be in the convo for a while and fade as the season progresses. The AFC South will be a lot more competitive this season.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Colts are the favorites according to Vegas. 9.5 wins.

I just don't see it. They had a terrible year in 2015, Luck had a terrible year, the OL is still bad, they didn't seem to upgrade all that much.

Now they did have a bunch of injuries, including Luck, so maybe they bounce back just by getting healthy.

Jaguars seem to be everyone's favorite sleeper pick. They have added a lot of talent over the recent years and their young guys (like Bortles) look poised to take another step forward. I'm almost more scared of these guys than the Colts.

At this point the Texans season depends on so many unknowns- Watts health, Duane's health, and how good Osweiler is.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Jags will be improved, but barring disaster I don't think they are good enough to win the division.....not that it'll take all that much.

When it comes to the Colts, it's anyone's guess. Will Andrew Luck flat out suck like he did last season? Will he get injured like last season? Personally I expect them to be very competitive and I see the AFC South as a 2 team division. If the Jags keep heading in the right direction they could make it a 3 team division eventually but they aren't there yet.

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Both have athletic strong armed qbs. I can see the Colts getting a wild card and Texans winning the south. I'm expecting breakout seasons from McKinney and KJ.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Texans look to be better than the Colts on paper. Obviously the Colts have the edge at QB, but other than that? Texans look superior, though the OL is a concern right now given the injuries.

The Jags have a talented roster, and will likely contend for the division here pretty soon, but I think they're a year or so away. Same with the Titans.

I don't see the AFC South being a joke for much longer. I think all 4 teams have upside to be pretty good, but this year I think it'll be the Texans edging out the Colts by a game or two.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

For this season specifically, I would rather have the Texans roster over any other team in the division. They have the most balance from the top down, and have done a good job in building depth at most skill positions. Moving forward, I think it's obvious that the Jaguars have potential to challenge for the crown, but putting it all together this year is going to be tough for them. They have a brutal early part of the schedule which does them no favors in trying to gain chemistry. The Colts are aging, and have only just started addressing the offensive line. I'm not sure how much you can ride Andrew Luck without putting more talent around him.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If Watt isn't healthy, the Colts take the division. If Watt is healthy, it'll be a close finish. I think the Jags are the most improved...and they might flirt with the division, but I think next season is when they will really shine.

9. underrated015

underrated015 Member

The rest of the AFC south will not continue to suck forever.The Jags and Titans will be decent and will surprise some people. We can't expect anything handed to us.

10. texian

texian Member

Texans ~= Colts
    Titans > Jags

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Really? The Jags should be better all around than the Titans, what do you think they have that puts them over the Jags (or anyone in the NFL)?

12. what

what Member

Football is unpredictable.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jaguars got this. This is their year. Jaguars are the winners.

...of the offseason.

2013:
    Veteran Additions:
    RB Justin Forsett, WR Mohamed Massaquoi, DT Roy Miller, DT Sen'Derrick Marks, OLB Geno Hayes, CB Marcus Trufant, CB Alan Ball.
    Early Draft Picks: OT Luke Joeckel, S Johnathan Cyprien, CB Dwayne Gratz, WR Ace Sanders, RB Denard Robinson, S Josh Evans.

2013 is the year! ... 4-12

2014:
    Veteran Additions:
    RB Toby Gerhart, WR Tandon Doss, TE Allen Reisner, G Zane Beadles, DE Red Bryant, DE/OLB Chris Clemons, DT Ziggy Hood, OLB Dekoda Watson.
    Early Draft Picks::
    QB Blake Bortles, WR Marqise Lee, WR Allen Robinson, G Brandon Linder, CB Aaron Colvin, OLB Telvin Smith, DE/OLB Chris Smith

2014 is gonna be it! They're on the up! ... 3-13

2015:
    Veteran Additions:
    RB Bernard Pierce, WR Bryan Walters, TE Julius Thomas, OT Jermey Parnell, OT Austin Pasztor, C Stefen Wisniewski, DT Jared Odrick, OLB Dan Skuta, CB Davon House, S Sergio Brown.
    Early Draft Picks:
    DE/OLB Dante Fowler, RB T.J. Yeldon, G A.J. Cann, S James Sample, WR Rashad Greene, DT Michael Bennett.

No really, this is the year! ... 5-11

2016:
    Veteran Additions:
    RB Chris Ivory, OT Kelvin Beachum, OT Jeff Linkenbach, G Mackenzy Bernadeau, DE/DT Malik Jackson, CB Prince Amukamara, S Tashaun Gipson, P Brad Nortman.
    Early Draft Picks:
    CB Jalen Ramsey, LB Myles Jack, DE/OLB Yannick Ngakoue, DT Sheldon Day.

2016 is our year! Making a run for the division!

Maybe it will be. OR NOT!

#13 J.R., Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jaguars flop for the 4th year in a row. PREDICTABLE!

Sleeper, ha ha. Putting their fans to sleep, yeah.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was way wrong. The Jags are still the worst.

16. thesimp

thesimp Member

The AFC South is the worst division in any sport in can remember, and it's not only a 1-2 year run. Texans raw W-L numbers are skewed since '11.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Jags are firing their coach tomorrow. You read it here first...

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I believe Bradley has survived so far this season (1) because they beat Indy in the UK and (2) their defense had improved which was Bradley's specialty. Weirdly enough, the Jags, Texans, and Titans are all top 11 defenses in yards allowed per game.

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

That is a skewed stat, their offenses are so bad the other team gets the punt at the 50, thus their drives aren't as many yards. Only real important defensive stat is PPG.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Titans look like the best team unless the Texans bench Brock