1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans draft Brandon Harris out of Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by speedball, Apr 29, 2011.

1. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

2. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Love it. What a round 2 for the Texans. Harris is a bit undersized, but we needed a CB with his speed badly.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

My only knowledge of Harris was Michael Floyd abusing him in the Sun Bowl. Then Mel Kiper further depressed me ... hopefully he turns into something serviceable.

4. makman

makman Member

Great pick. There wouldn't be another rookie corner that could contribute besides him. I'm usually a Rick Smith hater and still am, but this draft has gone well, but i think that's due to Wade Phillips. Now we would need a safety in the 4th rnd.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

mel not liking the pick isnt always a bad thing

6. makman

makman Member

Mel just rates players compared to others, if Phillips thinks he can play his system im in. I like that Gruden likes what were doing. He could be coaching them next year.

7. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Gruden likes what every team is doing, watching the first round you would have thought every team just drafted a sure fire hallmof famed. Rarely does gruden say anything negative.

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Hall of famer* damn iphone

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah I'm torn on the pick, Floyd made him look horrible. Hopefully there was more to the beatdown than just Harris being burned.

10. adboy

adboy Member

love this pick here.

11. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I'd like to see that pick go towards depth somewhere else. I think the Quinn transition to saftey will happen, followed by a vet DB during free agency.

I'd like to see a shot for a WR in round 4. Maybe a Kerley/Pettis

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Very happy about getting him.

13. adboy

adboy Member

wouldn't mind hankerson there if he is still available or quinton carter or tyler sash

14. makman

makman Member

That's a good point. Pettis would be a great pickup I personally thought he was just as good if not better than Titus Young diff type player though. And Kareem Jackson, Brandon Harris, Glover Quinn, and another rookie would be far too much inexperience but I hope for Nmadi or maybe someone like Jonathon Joseph

15. adboy

adboy Member

would take either Namdi or Jonathan Joseph as FA. Make bob get his dusty checkbook out

16. kona-

kona- Member

Love the pick. Still think the Texans have to go after Namdi and let Jackson and Harris compete for a spot.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Got the last two right. I love this kid!

18. adboy

adboy Member

we have to go get a vet. corner. KJ imo is basically a rookie again this year and brandon harris is also a rookie. with GQ moving to safety they have to go get someone.

19. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

One of the espn analysts mentioned Dallas, Philly, and Washington would be going hard after Namdi. He went on to mention that they wouldn't be the only teams, and that the Houston Texans are on that same list

20. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

If we can pick him up, this team is going to very very talented! If our draft picks step up, and we get a top 2 corner, this team is a Superbowl contender!

We will have All-World talent at many different poisistions on both sides of the ball:eek::eek::eek: