1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans @ Chiefs (Unofficial) 2020 Season Opener

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by houstonstime, Sep 10, 2020.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Rewatched the game.

it’s hard to compare Watson and Mahomes.

Most of Mahomes throws were predetermined throws that had KC wide outs blocking before the ball hit the receiver.

Watson doesn’t deserve this, and the Texans need to hire KC’s OC immediately after this season.

Watson has too much responsibility in this offense. Much more than any QB not named Tom Brady.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I was wanting him last year. I'm amazed he hasn't gotten a head coaching job yet.

red5rocket and Buck Turgidson like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Eric Bienemy deserves a shot as a HC. I would kill for him to get that shot in Houston.

4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Bienemy is the obvious replacement. Never happen though...

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You'd probably have to kill BoB

6. Buck Turgidson

I was a bit surprised (but not much, it's the NFL, unless he turned one down) that he didn't get a job this offseason. By the time the Texans are ready to make a change he'll be 2 years into coaching some other team.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Lowest in History? Sure, However, Trump had ALMOST NOTHING to do with it. He hasn't passed ONE piece of legislation that has helped create jobs. That Tax was a giveaway to the rich/corporations. The job creation for 1.6 Trillion dollars was around 1.3 million, which is TERRIBLE return of investment and less than would have normally been created thru normal hiring. Now, that lowest in HISTORY is gone because of his ineptness. All he had to do is show SOME leadership. He failed Miserably. Now 200,000 Americans have died and another 200,000+ are projected by the end of the year. A Half a Million will die before that son of b**** is dragged from the Whitehouse on 1/20/21.

You know what kills me? He is caught on tape admitting he lied about Covid19. His excuse "I didn't want to create a panic." LOL. And people like believe him....LOL.

#447 Mr.Scarface, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  8. raining threes

So yes, the lowest in history.

Trump doesn't pass legislation, that's Congress job. Something that they have failed at.

We see the Covid-19 differently. The Covid-19 is directly on China. Less people have died than was predicted. I'm of the thought process of let me get out and live life. If this is about truly saving lives then everybody just stay at home forever.

BTW, Cuomo did all that he could to inflate the death numbers and help the Dems in the process. The protest also have greatly contributed to the Covid-19 cases

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

@Mr.Scarface i just gained mad respect for you outside of sports

Red.Glare, BMoney and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

OK, kids, yall need to take it to the D/D and fight the good fight. I will say, however, because I'm a fan of truth, that @raining threes and @Mr.Scarface should look at this before you both leave :

[​IMG]

raining threes and deb4rockets like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How stupid and careless do you have to be to let the virus spread, push for reopenings, promote a no mask stance, and downplay the risk? This is NOT on China. This spread is on Trump, as are the 200,000 deaths. The leaders in other countries did a much better job by following advice from medical experts and taking a National stance. Trump knew it was deadly. All he had to do was see what happened in Italy before we even had a problem here.

Red.Glare likes this.
  12. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

How about Trump admitting on tape with Woodward that systemic racism does exist. People seem to have forgotten that.

red5rocket and Fulgore like this.
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

[shouldbeinD&D]Yet he is pushing for diversity training and training about systemic racism to be eliminated from federally funded entities. [/shouldbeinD&D]

14. raining threes

Where did the disease originate? How did the disease originate? Did the Chinese cover the disease up?

I would rather live free and take my chances. BTW, the single greatest mistake made in these Covid-19 times (Deaths) was Cuomo letting Covid-19 patients be admitted to nursing homes. Directly causing atleast 50,000 of the 150,00 deaths.

I get that you dont like Trump, but there's not much more than limiting travel to China that Trump could've done. If say nobody had died from Covid-19 would you have voted for Trump? I'm gonna guess no.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Doesn't matter where the virus originated, once it was out in the wild...Preparations should have been made. The NY strain of the virus came from EUROPE, not China (via travel from China to Europe). Trump's shutting down travel from China (which was a lie since Tens of thousands still travel from China) would have made a difference. He knew this in January. He could have invoked the Defense Production Act and had PPE and ventilators already ready. No, he chose to claim "hoax". He could have encouraged Mask use to prevent spread. That alone would have stop many deaths. That Sturgis rally is responsible for 250,000 cases alone......because most of those dumbasses didn't wear mask.

Oh, should I mention Herman Cain at his OKC rally? No mask, yeah..that ended well for him.

50,000....let's make up a number. BTW, the death toll for the US is at 200,000+.

As for Cuomo, he admitted he made mistakes with the nursing homes. Has Trump admitted any mistakes? No.
    BTW...NY state death total is 33,116 and most of their death came between March-Mid May as everyone was trying to flatten the curve, struggling to get Ventilators and PPE. Again, Trump's ineptness costing lives.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't matter where it originated. Trump didn't take a national stance once it got here. and still doesn't. You can't excuse his blatant lies about the seriousness of the situation and his screaming to open up. Oh, and no, I wouldn't vote for a narcissistic compulsive divisive liar like him over a potato head. He's far more dangerous, and his love for Putin is scary.

BMoney likes this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

thanks for this I really only watched until it was 14-7 KC... it looked like more of the same but I wasn’t sure.

now confirmed. More of the same.

why is it fans can see what’s obvious but organizations themselves can’t?

#457 JayZ750, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Watson has every bit of talent as any other QB in the league. He is paired up with the worst offensive coaching in football. Yikes.

Fulgore likes this.
  19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Get the political crap out of here.

20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

****ing boring!