1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Bar Park Slope

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by thegary, Jun 21, 2024.

1. thegary

thegary Member

Anyone here interested in having a Texans bar in Park Slope Brooklyn? I've turned my local bar owner to the light. He's now a fan and wants to do it. Just thought I'd reach out.

523744 and BMoney like this.
  2. Marshall Bryant

Good luck with that. But with ANY theme restaurant or bar, the long term success begins with having an outstanding restaurant and/or bar which happens to focus on a theme. Trying to flip that switch has failed miserably almost universally.

Now the theme helps to create a niche among restaurant and bars of similar quality but I haven't seen the theme ever turn a sub quality facility into a winner.

The same can be said of the first commandment of franchising which is Location, location, location. Even as important as location is, it cannot rescue poor quality.

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

If the theme is totally Texan it might work but just Houston Texan, everything Texas, including all Texas teams.....and yes, even the team up north.

But basketball and baseball. I find wherever I go, there are always people who love Texas.

4. thegary

thegary Member

Should have been more clear. This bar already exists, it has for decades. He’s a disgruntled Giants fan who has recently taken a shine to our boys. He thought it would be a way to get more football fans in on Sundays.

#4 thegary, Jun 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
    houstonstime likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Member

Do it.

FWIW, all big cities have a "place" for opposing fans of a lot of NFL teams. There are various places in houston for fans of the Jets, Seattle, Chicago just to name a few teams.

I would guess there aren't a lot of Texans bars over the country... but gotta start somewhere.

thegary likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Your post was perfectly clear. I could possibly up the attendance for 1 Sunday. You should try a more active Texans forum, whatever that is.

thegary likes this.
  7. thegary

thegary Member

Yes, I know that and thought everyone else did. Really just wanted to see if there were fans in the area that wanted to hang at an already successful bar. Cheers.

houstonstime likes this.
  8. thegary

thegary Member

Yeah, that would be cool, I’ll keep you posted. Honestly, not gonna try too hard. Posted something on Reddit (which I rarely use) and received some snark, shot back and got all kinds of flak. Whatever.

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Which one is more active than this one? I love CF because I can get all 3 sports at once. But I feel like it’s pretty active, no?

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I read this post as “who needs a place to watch the Texans in Brooklyn, cuz I got one”

I already texted my buddy that lives up there, what’s the name of it?
    We almost went to the jets game last year when I visited, but glad we didn’t..

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

There has to be one that's dedicated with more "dedicated" (not "dedicated") fans, right?

12. Buck Turgidson

Oh, and @thegary still owes me a beer or 3 from a 20+ year ago 10AM World Cup Argentina Vs Germany match that he was supposed to meet us for while we were in NYC but was too hungover to leave the house.

houstonstime likes this.
  13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Member

They had one in the lower east side when I visted like 10-12 years ago. I was up there during the first game of the season and just looked up texans fans bar in new york and I think it was called Bubbas IIRC. They had $3 lone stars 16oz cans for that day. That was the cheapest drunk in Manhattan Ive ever had.

Quick search and just found this. https://www.houstontexans.com/fans/texans-connections

14. thegary

thegary Member

Wow, I don't even remember that, lol. As Mr. Bojangles says "I drinks a bit."

15. thegary

thegary Member

This is the place:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/m6nJLqsoyKiFnqyG6

16. Buck Turgidson

Lol...I remembers a bit.

Nobody cared, it was just funny that morning. I was somewhere in Manhattan, you were 2+ subway stops away.

But you still owe me 2 beers plus 20 years of inflation

1-1 tie, iirc.

#16 Buck Turgidson, Jun 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
    ROCKSS and thegary like this.
  17. thegary

thegary Member

No worries, I gotcha.

18. thegary

thegary Member

Looks like it will happen. Please upvote on Reddit and send link to anyone who might have interest. Cheers and hope to see you this fall.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Texans/s/WjJbxUZhnP

19. Buck Turgidson

Nice work!

Owner mentioned food: chips, salsa, queso should be mandatory

thegary likes this.