1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans and the Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by JunkyardDwg, Nov 19, 2007.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Member

Yes, those words can belong in the same sentence together...without it being some cruel joke.

With Tennessee losing tonight, the last spot for the Wild Card becomes a lot more clouded. You got:

Tennessee at 6-4
    Cleveland at 6-4
    Denver at 5-5
    Buffalo at 5-5
    Houston at 5-5

Only one game back of the leaders, Houston actually has a shot of making the playoffs. What's more, they face Cleveland next week, then Tennessee and then Denver a few weeks after that. This team controls their own destiny! And looking at the schedule, the only two games where it doesn't look good for us are Indy and Jacksonville. But then Indy is looking pretty human these days (and we played them well minus Green and AJ)...and if somehow this team has a shot on the final game of the season...shoot you gotta like their chances then facing the Jags at home.

It's just nice to actually think about the Texans in the playoff picture. Will they be able to turn a corner and push into the postseason? The realist in me says not this year...but the optimist in me says they got as good a chance as the other teams. Though Cleveland seems to have an insanely easy schedule.

In any case, unlike past seasons, this last month should be fun to watch.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I agree, this should be a lot more fun.

But I really believe in Cleveland if they can get ANYthing out of Jamal Lewis.

3. T Rex

T Rex Member

No chance this year, but the fact we're even talking about the playoffs is fun this time a year.

Funny, before the Oakland game, some were writing off the entire season as a waste. Amazing what back-to-back wins can do.

4. leroy

leroy Member

As long as I keep Lewis on the bench on my fantasy team, he'll do well. I have yet to get any of his 7 tds (had him on the bench for his 216 yd game, the 4 td game, and this week).

It's fun as a Texans fan to even think about the possibility and to be talked about in the same breath as the word "playoffs". They need to just take things one game at a time and not worry about anything else (sorry for the Craig Biggio standard interview answer). Cleveland has done well, but their defense is not good. If our defense can play like they did against the sAints, we have a very good chance to win in Cleveland.

5. conquistador#11

and you know what they say about destiny:

' destiny is usually just around the corner. like a thief, a hooker, or a lottery vendor:its 3 most common personifications. but what destiny does not do is home visits. you have to go for it'

let's go for it!!
    i remember a time when we were not even allowed to say the word
    playoffs.

6. sammy

sammy Member

Emmitt Smith just showed some love for the Texans. They were speaking of the Broncos remaining schedule, and he said not to sleep on the Texans since they have Schaub and AJ back.

7. Kam

Kam Member

Texans and Playoffs.

Amazing.

beat the browns, and we will be talking.

8. Kam

Kam Member

ESPN just showed a graphic of Division leaders, and in the wildcard race.

and it showed us...

:D

9. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

I saw that.

I was giddy. :cool:

10. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Just think how much things would be different if Andre never got hurt

11. Miguel

Miguel Member

Texans need to Superman them hoes

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

True,...We likely would only have 2 losses or so...

13. macalu

macalu Member

all the Texans need to do is win out. How hard can that be?

14. the futants

the futants Member

Funny...when we saw that graphic, my wife went, "WHAT? Is that really possible?"

11-5...here we come...

15. Khal80

Khal80 Member

playoffs or not, its fun talking about your football team's
    playoff chances in late november and december

as much as i believe in this team, not having dunta is going to be a big problem

16. ipaman

ipaman Member

the interesting thing with the exception of buffalo(and san diego if they fall behind denver) houston plays everyone ahead of them. what's going to hurt the most is we haven't won a division game yet and that is used for tie breakers.

its possible that both wildcards will come out of the afc south. finish third in the division and you will have a great shot at postseason.

17. leroy

leroy Member

Maybe in the long run, but the pass defense looked like it would be good enough to keep them in games. Bennett and Hutchins looked good, IMO. It didn't hurt that Mario was a man possessed along with the rest of the line getting pressure all day. If that continues, they'll manage without Dunta.

18. macalu

macalu Member

Faggins didn't start. that right there helps the secondary.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

As long as he doesnt smell the field, we'll be okay. The second he gets his cleats on that turf, we are in a very vulnerable position.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Faggins hasn't started the past two games, both wins. Coincidence?