1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire OL Marcus Cannon in trade with NE

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hank McDowell, Mar 14, 2021.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

what if this whole thing is actually a great plan / scheme by Jack and nick

we remain flexible , Deshaun sits out a year , land great picks /build assets ...

then boom next year , Deshaun “has a talk” with God and decides to come back to the Texans . A great redemption story .. and Texans needed a bad year to slingshot themselves into real contention .

texans faith tour 2022 . It could happen y’all

dmoneybangbang and Nook like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Right. I agree there is a trend here that is concerning.

Is about not showing off basically and makes the point that your "religion" shouldn't be about proving how great or rich or whatever you are. It is not saying you don't tell people about Jesus or try to convert them.

Matthew 28, 16-20:
    16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

I mean feel however you want about Christianity or whatever, but it's a weird thing to say that real Christians wouldn't try to "sell you" on the faith. It's literally the last command given by Christ to his followers. He doesn't say "go forth to the ends of the world and only talk about me if someone asks."

Buck Turgidson and bigdaddy like this.
  3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I enjoy all bashing of Texans Sunday School approach. Though I think this is a bit over-analyzing the Christianity itself part. I'm like the only "non-believer" in my very religious family. I dont like being around them. Even still, they dont approach all interactions with a "Have You Talked To God Today?" full time promotion & bible study sit-down. Its not that woven into their fabric that they'd have entire organizations operate on Jesus-first platform. I'm obviously saying it applies to most other Christians too, my opinion.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I don't know your family but this is probably because you already KNOW where they stand and what they believe, so they don't have to keep telling you over and over.
    I'm sure they are praying for you all the time in private though.

The gospel is not meant to be "high pressure", like a salesman who won't take no for an answer.
    God is a gentleman!
    He will never force himself upon anyone.
    It's a Christian's job to witness and BE a witness by the kind of life they lead, to tell people that God has a standing offer of a relationship with Him and that He's already provided EVERYTHING needed (Jesus' death on the cross) to make it happen.
    But if someone doesn't want it then God won't force it on anyone.
    It's got to be your free choice and He respects that choice.
    But choices CAN change over time.

This is one of the main problems I have with what it seems that Cal and JE are trying to implement, a place where it's almost a prerequisite or requirement to working/playing there (being a professing Christian).
    That is not right!
    It's not good business practice and it's not what God would want either imho.
    If everyone there is a believer then they won't have any contact with unbelievers and therefore won't have anyone to "witness" to anyway!

Christians are called to be "in the world" but not "of the world", and they sure aren't called to isolate themselves from said world, whether in private or professional spheres.

This is why I say that I think Easterby has some wonky theology.

bigdaddy likes this.
  6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Wow, I didn't realize these updated details on the trade.

Instead of swapping picks in each round we actually traded a 4th for a 5th rounder and in so doing gave up 3x as much in draft position.
    Instead of trading #109 for #120 (11 spot drop) we're now trading #122 for #156.
    That's a 36 spot drop, or a FULL ROUND!
    That also means we gave up more value than originally thought.

While I like having that #4 overall pick at the start of day 3 again I don't like the amount of value we gave up.
    We may need to have Cal ban Caser-by from trading with the pats in the future! (like he really would) :rolleyes:

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fantastic trade Bob Nick.
    (This is who you moved Tytus Howard over for? LOL)

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Screw you guys. Being Christian has nothing to do with football. Christianity promotes work ethic. It should not be used to determine whether someone is hired or fired. Being anti Christian is as bad as any other prejudice. This looks like a pretty good football hire, especially with Tunsil going on the IL and Howard’s potential as a really good NFL guard. I am impressed with Casserio so far.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Injuries happen

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yeah. JRs takes on injury related news are always weird.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

#34 J.R., Oct 17, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Yes they do BUT this is the 3rd trade Caserio has lost and he's wasting draft capital too!

Cannon
    Miller
    Lawson

Between Caserio, Easterby and Cal....there is NOTHING positive about this organization

Rudyc281 and mario_v like this.
  16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

It's obvious, he cherish former players from N.E; Amendola, Cannon, Burkhead, etc. And everybody knows none of these players should be on an active roster.

conquistador#11 and J.R. like this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Ok

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This tends to happen even with the best GMs.

They're always going to be more inclined to sign guys they are familiar with.

Same with coaches.

Let's keep some perspective here though. Marcus Cannon, Rex Burkhead, and Danny Amendola didn't sink this team. The turd was already flushed by the time these guys got in the bowl.

whag00 and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Meanwhile, Duane Brown has only missed 4 games in 5 years for the Seahawks.

BigShasta, conquistador#11 and BMoney like this.
  20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

How could you be?