1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire Laremy Tunsil

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. YES

56.1%
  2. NO

43.9%
  1. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

This was awful. Although he wouldn’t have an Oline here to run behind.

2. raining threes

Lets hope this changes with the additions of Green, Cann and a healthy Tunsil. Plus Howard playing at RT. I actually could see the OL being much improved. Of course I thought the OL would be much improved last year too. So what do I know?

Shark44 and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Sorry for the bump of this thread, but this is ridiculous what Miami is reaping while we got ****ed by BoB:

astros123, vince and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

5. vince

vince Member

I’m re-looking at this trade, and a lot of folks think that the Tunsil trade to the Texans costed them 4 #1 picks for Tunsil. Insinuating that trade set back the Texans for years. But it was a gamble worth taking, and one that the Texans almost did exact the same in the Will Anderson trade. Tunsil has been a perennial pro bowl left tackle, which is incredibly good.

The Texans most definitely did not send four #1 picks to Miami, as Miami meticulously engineered trades to turn the Texans picks into an embarrassment of riches for themselves. The Texans only traded two #1’s and a 2nd round pick. Who’d of known that San Francisco would trade the farm to Miami, to get a QB who’d eventually be replaced by Mr. Irrelevant.

This was pretty much the same trade they made with Arizona. 2 number 1 picks and a 2nd round pick plus a 3rd round pick.

Arizona’s haul definitely won’t be as impressive. As they only got a mid first, a late first, an early 2nd, and a late 3rd round pick.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/09/laremy-tunsil-trade-update/

raining threes and astros123 like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I figured Penei Sewell would become the best OT in the NFL by year 2 or 3.