1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans 2022 Season General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 12, 2022.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Texans have a great history with picking up former #1 picks off of waivers, ask Vernon Hargreaves.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. astroa89

astroa89 Member

Another thing I never understood is why they wouldnt build a new stadium for the Oilers but built a new stadium for the Texans so they could move in to town. Not trying to get too political but we still pay taxes to keep the old Astrodome in town collecting dust through the years being used for absolutely nothing. A couple years after the Oilers leave town they are finally in the Super Bowl with basically the same team they had in Houston renamed as the Titans. The Oilers never won a Super Bowl but they did have some years where they made the championship game and looked like contenders. I will probably never get over the way they left the city. It is a part of my childhood that is forever missing now just like when they shut down Astroworld. Summer passes for all the rides in the summertime spending all day there and Oilers football to look forward to in the fall. That is something people in my family younger than me will never get to experience unfortunately. Anyways, the Texans will probably never get the love in this town that we had for the Oilers and won't ever have the established history that the Oilers had. That I believe is for certain.

#302 astroa89, Nov 8, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    charlieaustin likes this.
  3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 and RocketToVegas like this.
  4. astroa89

astroa89 Member

How is my post confusing to you. People on this board were saying they have trust in Caserio because he was a Patriots guy. So were Mangini, Weis, and McDaniels look how they have done as coaches at other organizations. Y'all watched BOB for years and saw how that worked out. If not for the Astros we would be looking at zero championships since the 90s in this city. The point is just because a coach or GM worked in the most successful football team in history does not guarantee their success will transfer over to other teams. Heck I would trade teams and have the Titans here and send the Texans to Tennessee. The Titans have had more success in the past 20 years and field a current more competitive team than the Texans.

#304 astroa89, Nov 9, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  5. Fantasma Negro

He's injury prone as **** but when he's on the field he can lay the wood, been a fan for while, would looove to have him if he can stay on the field. He hasn't hurt anyone yet but he reminds me a lot of Bernard Pollard

6. raining threes

I dont think anybody thinks Caserio will be able to build a Patriots type dynasty. They're hoping for better than avg. That would be a great upgrade over any other GM in Texans history and Caserio's 1st draft gives me hope.

I'm hoping Cal lets Caserio pick the HC of his choosing and Caserio/ HC will pick the right QB that he wants to work with for for the duration of his tenure. What I dont want is for a QB to be picked while Lovie's down on Kirby.

red5rocket, Rudyc281 and astroa89 like this.
  7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Re: Trust the process - See Philadelphia 76ers

Re: In Caserio we trust - See Daryl Morey and the Houston Rockets

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Just because he was a 1st round pick, doesn't mean he is worth picking up. The guy has been BAD in Las Vegas.

red5rocket, Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Demeco Ryans on Line 1.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. raining threes

He's been hurt a lot.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Part of being good is being available.

Also, when he has been on the field…he has been bad.

red5rocket likes this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yep Andre putting in the word as well

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Hahahaha wasn’t he hyping up Arizona and kyler couple of seasons ago???

As well as a lot of posters on here that Arizona was this and that and going to do this and that y’all make me laugh.

raining threes likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If we don’t make the all red helmets permanent I want this design for our next helmet

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why? Bud Adams. He was an *******. He threatened to leave 6 years after the Astrodome renovation. It became a pissing contest between him and Mayor Bob Lanier. Oilers left. NRG money was part of the for the Astros ballpark (now Minute Maid).

raining threes and Slyonebluejay like this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

20. astroa89

astroa89 Member

Astrodome was a horrible place to play. Have you ever played on astroturf? Its like falling down on concrete. The players surely didn't miss playing there even with the renovations it was never going to be a state of the art stadium.