1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans 2022 Season General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 12, 2022.

1. raining threes

I think Denzel Mims is a FA too.

That's the kind of fa that I think Caserio should be looking to sign and probably would want to sign here. Marquez Callaway is another guy I would look at bringing in.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. raining threes

Anderson and Ika in rd 2 would solve a lot of issues. Find a Center in rd 3:and some iol depth later in the draft and this team will look a lot better.

Rudyc281 and Qan like this.
  3. conquistador#11

It must have been 5am when my Alarm went off. The national show on 790, with Brady Quinn started talking about Brandin Cooks. They mentioned that there was something in the contract that could void the whole thing if he doesn't play. Could this be why reports were that Nick wanted a 2nd and a 4th, knowing very well no one other than an O'Brien would give those picks up? Even as a Let's Go Brandin fan, I feel a 2 and 4 was ambitious.
    They also gave Pierce and the young DBs some love on the Quinn segment.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Green Bay should of given up the 2 and 4. Rodgers is playing with a garbage WR corps there....

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Fire Lovie

Does everybody see what saleh is doing for the jets??

Demeco Ryans would have the same impact for the Texans

persian hoopa and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. HstnSprtsFan101

This Titans Defense is basically a defense made up of Texans cast offs and they look damn good lol

Rudyc281 and red5rocket like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Rockets34Legend

As an Oilers fan, it brings a smile to my face.

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

11. astroa89

astroa89 Member

Give up on the Texans and give your full support to a competent organization, that has a great owner, and actually knows how to win like the Astros for example. Now that is how an organization should be run.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If I remember correctly they completely tore it down and embraced a full on rebuild to get to the point they are at now correct??

And also it was really really bad for the Astros before it got better as well right??

I also wonder how many fans they lost during those times that have came crawling back??

I also wonder how many fans have said what you said at a certain point about joining another teams fan base??

raining threes likes this.
  13. astroa89

astroa89 Member

I grew up an Oilers, Rockets, and Astros fan. One of my teams was taken out of town. The difference between these situations in regards to Texans and Astros is the owner of the Texans is arguably the worst owner in the league. Another reason the Astros got better is they got a better owner that does what it takes to finance a competitive roster since he took over the team. Texans have not demonstrated the ability to do that since their existence in fact they have never even made it to the AFC championship and who knows if they ever will. Astros on the other hand have been to six straight championship games and four World series that is the definition of sustained excellence after new ownership. The only real hope I see for the Texans to be good is if Cal sells the team to someone else that knows what they are doing. The proof is in the pudding and the Astros have two championships and the Texans have zero that is a fact. If the fans would stop buying tickets and boycott the team maybe it would force the owner to sell. If he keeps losing enough money it might force his hand. Under his ownership I don't see them ever getting to the Astros level we are talking a dynasty here. You should get used to it the Astros are going to probably be the only good sports team in town for awhile.

#293 astroa89, Nov 7, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Houston Texas has been and always will be a football town no matter what…Astros are having and been having tremendous success but they will always be on the back burner when it comes to the Texans.

The Texans are valued way more then the Astros.

Astros are enjoying the fruits of a
    Complete and full year down of the team and rebuild….not sure how many years it took before they actually turned things around tho. Maybe you can help answer that for me??

The Texans are just 2 years into theirs.

The Texans are just going to start to enjoy having draft picks and rookies on cheap deals and this is suppose to be the first off season with actual cap space in years.

Trust the process.

In Caserio we trust

15. astroa89

astroa89 Member

Astros are valued at 1.8 billion Texans are valued at 4.7 billion but who cares if the Texans are valued a couple more billion. Who cares about that though we are talking about on field success here. A NFL team will always be valued more than a MLB team. Millions of people showed up for the championship parade I think you are undervaluing the impact the Astros are having on this city. A vast majority of Houstonians are fed up with all the losing and want to see a winner the Astros are definitely that. Turn on sports talk 790 sometime and listen to how often they mention the Texans they are one of the least talked about sports team in this town. No one really wants to hear about a team that consistently loses and never has had a history of winning. Answering your question the rebuild of the Astros really started when the team was purchased by Jim Crane in 2011. The previous owner Drayton McLane was a notoriously bad owner. They only made one world series in his tenure as owner in 2005 and they were swept 4-0. He a lot like the Texans current owner failed to put together teams that would compete for championships. This current owner has done that and will make efforts to continue doing that. Also you say this is the only year two but let's not act like this is the first rebuild the Texans have done remember how bad they were before drafting Watson? They had one of the best QBs in the league and failed to surround him with a good team for years and years. He did have lots of off the field issues but we are strictly talking about on field performance here. Also you're ex-president of football operations for years had no other credentials than being a team chaplain. If that doesn't show how dysfunctional the Texans are then I don't know what to say.

#295 astroa89, Nov 7, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

L
    So 2011 first rebuild and what year did the Astros first start seeing some success??

I was never a fan of Rick smith even tho he drafted amazing in the first round our team has always been top heavy meaning no real depth top to bottom and in the NFL injuries happen and you lose players in FA

I was never a fan of the Brian Gaine hiring either I always felt like he thought he knew more then what he did and tried to act like it as well.

Nick Caserio on the other hand has shown some real promise he’s has some misses of course but for what he’s done with the mess he inherited deserves some credit. And I believe he is the right man for the job…20 years in New England he spent being Bill’s right hand man…he’s worked in every area in every department and even wore a headset on game days…he isn’t some guy who spent 2-5 years in New England and then thought he knew the patriot way ( Bill O’Brien ).

It all comes back to Cal now who has really taken over the Texans since 2018. In that time we have an overall record of 30-42.

we had a 10 win season and 11 win season followed by two 4 win seasons and todays record. Watson being held out all year in one of those seasons as well.

Hiring Easterby and giving him control damaged this franchised and firing Easterby was the best thing for this franchise.

Cal has always wanted to hire Caserio for years…I really think Cal does want to win he just always needed the proper support and proper football people because he does come off as clueless…and he’s getting more involved lately ( flipping burgers .. reddit QAs )

With Cal giving full control to Caserio now except for the last 2 coaching hires…I believe things will start to turn around for this franchise…now if Cal would just let Caserio hire HIS coach we are really going to be in business.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and Caserio has a vision for this franchise and football team.

Shark44 and raining threes like this.
  17. raining threes

I just hope Cal gets out of the way and lets Caserio do his job. Starting with letting Caserio hire the HC that he wants. I have my doubts this will happen.

Rudyc281 and Shark44 like this.
  18. Rockets34Legend

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Get it done Nick

raining threes likes this.
  20. astroa89

astroa89 Member

It is hilarious people on here thinking the Texans can turn into the Patriots because they hired Caserio. How does that make any sense? The Patriots had the greatest QB, coach, and one of the best owners around for the entirety of their dynasty. The Texans have none of those things this is laughable. This is textbook delusions of grandeur right here. The verdict is still out on Caserio as a GM. Even if he is the greatest thing since sliced bread you don't win in the NFL without a great QB and good coaching. The Patriots won 6 championships in a 20 year period you will probably never see that duplicated again. Having a New England guy on your staff does not make you the Patriots. Just ask O'Brien and Easterby they know all about it.

#300 astroa89, Nov 8, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2022