1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans 2011 Schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by codell, Jan 3, 2011.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

Tough schedule again. Pretty brutal road schedule (Miami's home record fluke notwithstanding):

Home:
    Indy
    Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    Oakland

Away:
    Indy
    Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Baltimore
    Cincy
    Miami

6 playoff teams; 5 teams @ .500 or within 1 game; 5 teams with an equal or worse record than our own 2010.

Rumor has it that if we go to an 18 game schedule, we will play the 2nd or 4th place team from the AFC East (NY Jets or Buffalo) @ home and the 2nd of 4th place team from the AFC West (San Diego or Denver) on the road.

http://www.scgffl.com/nfl_schedules/2011_nfl_sched.htm

#1 codell, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Eh... doesn't really matter. Can't do much to control the schedule. Just gotta win those winnable games.

TB may come back down to earth. The division is crappier this year than it was going into last year. Honestly, they should be dominant at home with that sort of schedule, with Pittsburgh and Atlanta being the tougher (but winnable) games.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

-5 wins
    21 losses

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

If that's the case, Kubes better be out of there by week 8.

6. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

if thats the case they will end up 7-9

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Worth noting that if the Texans had lost yesterday, Oakland and @Miami would've been replaced by Denver and @Buffalo.

Of course, historically the Texans own the Raiders and Dolphins. But I definitely would feel a lot more confident with the latter two. :grin:

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, that IS a hard schedule. Every single team we play is in the NFL.

This of course means we will be 5-7 after 13 weeks. For the 5th year in a row.

On the bright side, at least we have a team. Go Texans!

3 people like this.
  9. msn

msn Member

Man, I just repped your post in the other thread! You are on a roll today! :grin: :grin:

:grin: :grin:

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ima Drummer for the win.......YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

On a serious note, this is fantastic news! I'm so glad Bob will have a reason to keep Kubiak for ANOTHER year when he goes 8-8 or 9-7 on that difficult schedule!

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If they had lost yesterday, I would have been able to go to a game.

Sucks that the year they play Pittsburgh and Cleveland, both are at home. If they were away, I'd be going to both.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Damn dude. When the Texans send out their annual PSL renewal invoice, I am going to post a screen cap just so you can tear apart their lame letter filled with excuses about why they suck and why I should renew.

13. ThaShark316_28

16-0.

Wait....we still got Kubiak?

8-8. (9-9)

14. Major

Major Member

Honestly, is this really that tough? Taking the Texans out of the mix:

12 out of the 31 teams made the playoffs. So an average 16 game schedule will have 6 playoff teams on it. 12 out of the 31 teams were 6-10 or worse. So an average 16 game schedule will have 6 of those teams on it.

So really the only difference from a completely average schedule is the Texans have 1 more 0.500ish team instead of a 6-10 or worse team.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

You can pencil in about 5-6 definite losses without even considering the toss up games or the games Kubiak will blow on his own

5-11

or

6-12

16. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Look on the bright side....the Texan's probably will only have one prime-time game next season if any. That's maybe only one time they will look like bafoons on a national stage.

The rest of the games...Ian Eagle and rest of the CBS bottom feeder announcers.

Of course unless we get HAYMAKERS from Gus Johnson!

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

That's very optimistic...If the defense gets leaps and bounds better, maybe...

6-10 (7-11)

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

16-0 Next season. :eek: We will be SUPER BOWL CHAMPS. :eek:

Who gives a **** who we play. If we're good, we'll win. Of course we'll be good. Of course we will win. I don't care if we play your grandmas or my high school English teachers, we will beat them. :mad:

HAYMAKERS!!!!

:grin:

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Interesting about the 18 game schedule...that will start to take away from the strength of schedule differences within the conference. Everyone starts playing 11 intraconference teams every year, it'll start feeling repetitive quick when there are only 4 teams you didn't play. Playing two NFC teams would be a lot more fun, but oh well.

We'll see how it goes - the NFC South is notoriously volatile. Tampa and NO in particular could be tough or just as likely awful.

Our division isn't looking so hot - Indy is clearly on its last legs this era, Jacksonville blows, and the Titans are a mess. If we ever got our act together, we could romp.

Steelers are the only truly elite team I see there. Baltimore, Atlanta, and NO close to them but a step down. I just do not believe in the Falcons.

It's not the creampuff ride we had last year....but it's not that brutal a schedule. Splitting the road games looks feasible, and 5 home wins looks feasible --> 9-7.

All this hinges on the team improving DRASTICALLY on defense and putting together a strong draft.

Have a relatively healthy year, insert a real DT and secondary help....we might rebound.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

FWIW, if we had lost to the Jags, we would've been facing Denver and Buffalo instead of Oakland and Miami.