1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texan Fans must have said: 'What in the h*ll did we do?'

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Cohen, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uprising

Uprising Member

And that's why you, and everyone else on this site isn't the GM of the Texans.

It's why we're just fans...we don't know ....what they know. ;)

SUPER MARIO PWNS RBVY

2. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

There could be many reasons other than an injury. What if he just gets tired of football, and only wants to count his money. Maybe he'll put out a rap album next year and get sidetracked from staying in shape, and then blow up like Bonzi last year and Francis this year. What if...

3. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Since it looks like people have jumped on the Mario Williams bandwagon, what about rehiring Charlie Casserly? He is the genius who drafted Mario, right?

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

What if...you made sense.

5. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

How does it not make sense. Young rich athletes never make sense. Kobe has a song with Tyra. Roy Jones Jr. has not one, but two rap albums! WTF! T.O. and A.I. have rap albums! Shaq did Kazaam...

6. BucMan55

BucMan55 Member

Hah, shows what I know.

My main point of interest is all the vitriol that was shot the Texans way for the selection.

They didnt just throw a dart at a dartboard and have it land on Mario.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Does Mario Williams seem like any of those people you just mentioned? For his age he seems pretty well grounded. That, and from his comments, it appears he feels he has something to prove.

I have an easier time seeing Mario playing similar to this year next year than I do Bush or VY breaking out.

And for the record, I liked the pick. I was unhappy though because I knew we would never hear the end of it.

8. BucMan55

BucMan55 Member

Kubiak had as much input on that(if not more) as Casserly.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

One of my best friends has become good buddies with Mario. Went over to his house once when Mario was there hanging out. The guy is about as down to earth as you can possibly get...very nice guy.

10. The Cat

The Cat Member

I'm glad this thread was the one to be bumped.

I remember that Saints-Cowboys broadcast very well... it was the most sickening display of cheerleading that I've ever seen. I lost all respect for Al Michaels that night. Journalistic integrity went out the window. Objectivity and rationality went out the window. Madden and especially Michaels were essentially crazed fanboys, hoping for one highlight run (and they got it) to praise their darling Reggie and to rub it in the face of anyone (the Texans) who didn't think he was the greatest thing in the history of the sport.

I don't think we need to rub it in the faces of other Texans fans too much... we all make mistakes in our evaluations. I sure have. But I expect better from professional journalists and the No. 1 broadcasting crew in the country... and what happened that night was a complete joke and an embarrassment to the league and to journalism. Why oh why can't NBC put Michaels in the spotlight about Bush/Mario so we could see him squirm...

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I would assume Casserly had actually very little.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

The move has appeared to work out in our favor. What does that tell you?

13. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Dude, don't get crazy! Mario has blossomed because of the proper tuteledge of his coaching staff as well as being healthy. That's right the Texans have a REAL coaching staff now. Despite previous popular opinion on this board, Kuby DOES know what the HELL he is doing and yes, next year the Texans WILL be pounding on the DAMN door and if MW has anything to say about it, he's going rip it off the hinges you just watch. This is only the beginning ... BOOK IT! :p

Tonite, the pupil SCHOOLED the teacher! Kuby and the Texans just came of age with this game! This franchise just vaulted BIG TIME in CONFIDENCE! :D

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

lol love the digging up of this thread. We now know Reggie sucks and Vince is perhaps the worst starting QB in the league - teams have figured out how to silence them both. Mario, on the other hand....will he lead the league in sacks this season? He's close.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

That's an excellent point.

Sure, Mario is one of the best defensive ends in the game and it's only his 2nd year in the league... and Reggie and Vince are both blowing chunks.

But what if that ISN'T the case next year?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Again, excellent point. Much like the rest of your posts in this thread....

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

I'm reminded of a quote from What About Bob?

"What if...my heart stops beating? What if...I'm looking for a bathroom and I can't find it? What if...............my bladder explodes."

17. leroy

leroy Member

Did that make them suck? Shaq won titles AFTER his albums and that terrible movie. Kobe is probably the best player in the league. Roy Jones Jr was considered the best fighter in the world. TO an AI are still at the top of their games.

Tell us what your point is again?

18. macalu

macalu Member

this is EXACTLY what i'm talking about.

why does Reggie Bush have to suck for Mario Williams to be good?

why can't you judge Mario on his own merits without having to bring down Reggie Bush?

btw, QUIT FEEDING THE TROLL, MINIMING!

#98 macalu, Dec 14, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  19. weslinder

weslinder Member

He lucked into it. If Reggie Bush hadn't demanded so much money, the Texans would have drafted Bush instead. Then the Saints would have picked Mario, and this would be a much different conversation.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

BINGO!!

Casserly will always SUCK

Rocket River

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.