1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texan Fans must have said: 'What in the h*ll did we do?'

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Cohen, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadMax

MadMax Member

wow. that's incredible.

2. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

I mean honestly. Kalu is better and so is peek

3. halfbreed

halfbreed Member

4. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Member

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This is how he elevates his teamates....

Ric.....anyone seen Ric?

DD

6. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

True.That shows you how bad the Texans messed up the draft because Kalu and Peek are nothing to write home about. Kalu had his best years with the Eagles and every preseason we hear how Peek is going to have this monster season and he has like 7 career sacks.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I agree

Mario is ok, but Vince would be great for the Texans, and Reggie is a good receiver, and he has a lot of speed, but i dont like him as a rb.

8. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Reggie is better then Mario.

9. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I wish people stop whinning about missed draft picks. Sure we missed out on VY or Bush. We don't have time machine. Lets move on and support OUR team. I remember when we didn't have team and that really suk azz.

Don't give Bud Adams the satisfaction. He ripped out our hearts when he moved the Oilers to Hickville. Don't fall to the dark side.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Nah, it's much easier to go root for a team that's doing well at this time.

All these people rooting for the Titans or abandoning the Texans right now wouldn't be Astros or Rockets right now if they were around for their first few seasons. I mean, they sucked their first five years, so I'm sure they would've picked some other team to root for since there's no reason to have loyalty to a five year-old franchise.

11. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

He butchered that quote pretty bad then. Read the presser on the website.

12. Buck Turgidson

You might have a point if that was actually what Kubiak was saying. But it's not, so you don't.

13. Smokey

Smokey Member

I love Bud Adams (and not in the homo way not that there's anything wrong with it). VY called the Titans the hometown team the former Oilers and I agree!

Bud gambled and he won. He's going to hold that over Houston for the next 10-15 years.

14. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

How can any Houston fan love Bud Adams? He didn't just screw football fans, he screwed the city of Houston. Titans are no longer a Houston team and will never the hometown team unless they come back to Houston. Regardless of where their past was, Its the Tennessee Titans now, not the Houston Oilers. When the Titans win, they don't win for Houston, they're winning and playing for Tennessee. They retired WARREN MOON's jersey in Tennessee and not Houston! How can Oiler fans even live with that thought? The guy didn't play one game in Nashville but that is where his jersey hangs, not where it belongs, in Houston, Texas.

I like VY, but I don't care if he's from Houston. He's playing for the Titans and there is no way in hell I would ever root for the Traitors. Anyone who is still cheering for the Traitors need to stop living in the past. No matter what VY does over there, he isn't doing it for Houston, all the glory that happens will be for Nashville, Tennessee.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Just ignore him. He and all the other "titan fans" are just trying to get a reaction.

16. Major

Major Member

Funny you write that after spending a paragraph b****ing about ... the past.

17. Cohen

Cohen Member

Sure, some fans bail when the team sucks. There can be other reasons.

Personally, I have always been a fan of the Rockets and was always an Oilers fan. We know there were some lean seasons. For me it's not about winning and losing, it's about whether the organization is worthy of such support.

Now making mistakes is one thing...mistakes are always made. But some mistakes show so much ineptitude and/or disinterest in the fans that they can make the organization unworthy.

Imo, the Rockets have always pursued championships, the Oilers blundered but they tried and tried. The Texans... well...

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You're right. The Texans are here simply to piss off fans and they have no desire to put a winning team on the field.

Let's completely forget that this has been by far the most successful draft in team history and just assume the team has no interest in winning because they didn't take my guy in the draft.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

That is not it at all......it is not about MY GUY...it is about taking possibly the greatest college player of all time with the number 1 pick.

They had FOUR years to evaluate Carr, and he has been a piss poor leader all 4 years, and SHOCKER...this year too.

Yes, the Texan's had a good draft, and it could be an even better one if Mario pans out.....but they could have had an ALL timer draft......if they had taken Vince Young.

DD

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

come on - haven't we all concluded reggie bush is nothing more than a glorified desmond howard...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.