1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texan Fans must have said: 'What in the h*ll did we do?'

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Cohen, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weslinder

weslinder Member

Bush may be the best slot receiver in the league, but slot receivers that play a little 3rd down back do not make franchise players no matter how good they are.

2. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

If the Texans are smart they may be contenders in 5 years maybe..... To build a team, (especially an unappealing team like the Texans), you gotta do it through the draft. Dont expect any big name players coming in here to play football unless they get drafted. What can I say the Texans messed up. Move on and stick with the plan. Wisely draft a defence....I dont understand why you draft a guy like Babin...I mean Jeez... anyway draft big fast and strong linebackers. As far as QB you may have to just get lucky like the Saints did...but they took a major risk on that shoulder.. Anyway bottom line Texans are getting burned now for their draft day mistakes and hopefully they can learn from it.. If they can't then they deserve to be losers.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

I think about 99% of Houston fans wanted either Bush or VY. And now we are in a nightmare scenario where both those guys are doing awesome and our guy isn't.

Well, at least the rest of our draft was pretty good. That is some consolation. Demeco may be a top 10 pick if the draft was done over.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

He hasn't fulfilled a lot of the hype but I agree he can no longer be considered a bust. I don't know if he will ever be an every down running back however, which is fine as he is more effective in the pass-catching/utility back role.

5. Drewdog

Drewdog Member

If they thought it was hard before...... the Texans organization will have a near impossible time winning over fans now.

Could the game have ended any other way? :(

6. macalu

macalu Member

is this the same Dick Vitale that was drooling over Jay Williams penis and thought the Rockets made a big mistake taking Yao?

just checking.

7. halfbreed

halfbreed Member

Yeah. Even an idiot like Vitale knows Vince's greatness. :D

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

I started the "Reggie is a bust" thread. I no longer think he's a bust, but I still don't think we should have picked him #1. That was an amazing run last night, but those 4 TD's he had last week were all from inside the 10-yard line. Basically, Reggie has had 2 great plays this year. The punt return and the TD last night.

I wish the kid well because the Saints are my 2nd favorite team (I pulled for them after the Oilers folded) and he's a good kid. But still.....

Vince>Mario>Reggie

9. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

I agree. But it fun to call him Reggie Bust for a while. Maybe he can return to stinking the last few games.

Reggie Bust is a phenom athlete and great in open space. We all knew that. I would not call him a franchise player, I am not sure if he is the best running back from this draft even (Addai, Marouney, D Williams have had their moments as well and the former 2 have been more consistent), but Bush is a great weapon, certainly.

Despite his limitations as a franchise back, Reggie Bush went in the draft where he should have based on his raw athletic skills and upside, the #2 pick. It is just 1 & 3 that got real mixed up.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Jim Rome is going nuts on the Texans for not drafting VY, not surprising.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not a bust, but not a franchise player either.

DD

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He's played 13 games in his career. He could still be a bust or he could be a franchise player as well. It's way too soon to tell.

13. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Big deal that the Titans beat the Texans. Everyone beats the Texans except the Jax Jags.

I would have been more impress if he beat us with a 39yd TD pass than a run.
    We all know (except Coach Kubiaggie) he can run, but can he pass??
    Runing with the ball will catch up with him. Just ask Vick.

14. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Texans lol, we have a crappy team.

There are only 2 must keep players on our team.

Andre Johnson and Demeco Ryans.

Should of drafted Reggie..

15. jojobabbu

jojobabbu Member

I hate the TEXANS like no other right now...but in 2-5 years this team will be where it needs to be and if anything will go farther than VY's Titans...Why? cause they are building inside out...Before you even think about adding a better QB than Carr and RB you better sure up that god forsaken offensive line...you play to win a championship not just to have a good regular season record just look at the Colts..and teams that have a supeior offensive line and defensive line will win in the end....It's like building a house...you cheap out on the foundation and compensate that for nice in house furnishings, yea it might sell initially and look good but longterm you're going to have a huge problem if that foundation cracks...GO out this offseason Texans and find the best left tackle you can and continue to build inside out...I HATE THE TEXANS BUT THAT'S BECAUSE I LOVE THEM....

16. MadMax

MadMax Member

he doen't run the ball close to Vick. Vick's problem is he doesn't go through progressions...he looks to run too quickly. VY doesn't have that problem. he runs when there aren't other options. he uses his feet to create opportunities.

17. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

A touchdown is a touchdown. Its doesnt matter how good it looks or the distance. Reggie Bush is the real deal and so is Vince Young. Kubiak just said on Fox 26 that Mario Williams was on the bench in overtime because he wanted his best 11 guys on the field. He went number 1 and is not one of the best 11 players on a defense thats near the bottom??? That guy is another Courtney Brown.

18. MadMax

MadMax Member

did kubiak really say that??????

19. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Mark Berman reported it 9:45. They asked why was Williams on the bench and he said "it was a situation in OT where he wanted his best 11 men on the field".

20. Cohen

Cohen Member

hmmm....Titans have 11 draft picks in April and will be $41M under cap, and they've already started winning.

They've also proven they know how to build a championship team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.