1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TESV: Skyrim Details (Plus Scans)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jan 7, 2011.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

Game Informer has a story about the new Elder Scrolls game. Here's some info that I'll just quote from NeoGAF:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418068
    Credit to DennisK4 for the recap.

Some scans can be found on various sites/forums.

2. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Thanks for the info RC. My only dislike is that they're keeping the level scaling. There was no feeling of progression vs. enemies in Oblivion because they all leveled with you. Other than that, the other changes seem okay.

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Member

Agreed. My brother actually played a few characters where he intentionally stay very low-level but purchased higher-level spells, and he dominated everything. Leveling up more often made the fighter *harder* which seems kinda silly.

4. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

I played Oblivion when it came out but never got far because my machine was old and kept crashing. Well, I upgraded my machine and bought it during the Steam Holiday sell. Been playing it the last week and enjoying it, but have to agree with the monster level issue. I'm downloading a mod now to fix that.
    Looking forward to Skyrim.

5. Coach AI

Coach AI Member

boo to the level scaling. Still looking forward to it, though.

6. dback816

dback816 Member

Stopped reading there.

I'll go find the actual source material instead of reading some crappy paraphrase by a some gaf kid.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

I hope this chapter of Elder Scrolls blows me away. I loved Fallout and all, but something about it just seemed like it was Oblivion without the grass and trees.

Hopefully Skyrim is innovative, and they didn't just slap a new name onto Oblivion.