1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Testing issues could derail Mayweather-Pacquiao

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TheGreat, Dec 22, 2009.

1. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Another thing, Floyd weighed-in for his last fight at 146, two pounds above the catchweight of 144 in violation of the original terms of the contract. This is well documented so I'm sure that was just a typo.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Ok, so who keeps giving me rep to tell me about my grammar mistakes? Its called a typo!! :p

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

What do you all think about the NBA implementing this? drawing blood from all players before everygame? assuming the costs are minimal and the time required is minimal as well

4. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_y...=yhoo&type=lgns

Irony reigns if Pacquiao-Malignaggi is made

Malignaggi, who re-entered the world title picture by defeating Juan Diaz in a rematch earlier this month, spoke out vigorously recently, using an interview with Boxing Truth Radio to publicly insinuate that Pacquiao had taken performance-enhancing drugs.

So is Pacman going to sue Malignaggi??? :grin: :grin:

We need to merge.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

because after the fight the outcome of the fight has been determined.

6. MadMax

Wait...Paulie is who Pac Man would fight?? seriously?? Mayweather.....OR PAULIE!!?? :grin:

Zero integrity if ultimately he fights a fighter who actually accused him of using steroids...the whole, "manny is really mad at mayweather for all of this" loses all steam when he takes a fight against Paulie. Give me a break.

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I'm talking about for determining whether or not Pacquiao is using. Would that show up in those results?

If the question is whether or not he is cheating, would that still give us the answer? What about the week of?

8. MadMax

What the hell good is it for Floyd to discover AFTER the fight that Manny was using???

Having the athletes schedule their own drug tests is ridiculous.

9. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

as I said, I understand that reasoning on terms of the outcome of the fight. If the question is whether Manny has 'something to hide', though, would immediately after the fight tell us that still.

Again, what about the week of? Would the results, if he's using, be just as informative say three days before as they would the day of?

These articles seem to suggest Pacquiao is agreeing to that.

In addition, it seems the reports are stating not that he wants to schedule it, just that he doesn't want it the 'day of'. It can still be 'random' under those terms.

If we can learn the same information, whether it's random or not the week of the fight really doesn't matter. IF however, whatever these substances do can be untraceable and effective THAT quickly, then it most definitely DOES matter.

I don't know how any of these 'PED's work, so it's an honest question. I have no interest in the BBS Manny Floyd pissing match.

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

11. MadMax

I don't think anyone should have a problem with a fight of this magnitude adopting the same standards for testing which currently exists for Olympic athletes. We're talking about drawing out a tablespoon full of blood. This is ridiculous. Fight, already!

12. SlvrBtl

SlvrBtl Member

Freddie Roach's reply from an LA Times Blog

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/12/mayweather-pacquiao-camps-argue-drugtesting-points.html

I agree they should just fight already...

13. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

It is ridiculous. Shane Mosley is a proven cheat. He has admitted to using Balco roids as well as EPO. Why doesn't Al Haymon force Shane Mosley to undergo Olympic blood testing for his fight against one of Haymon's other clients, Andre Berto?

What about the last Super Bowl of boxing in 2007? Why no testing then? In that case Floyd would have actually had some sort of justification, as Oscar had previously tested positive for Lidocaine, a banned substance, in the past. Sure Lidocaine's not a steroid, but it's a banned suubstance.

OTOH Pac has never tested positive for PEDs, never been associated with any PED scandals, never tested positive for any banned substance, no proof whatsoever he's juicing, yet Haymon (among others in the Floyd camp) is demanding these tests? Makes no sense. Where's the consistency?

Just fight. Easy work for Floyd, right? The same Pacquiao that fought Cotto and Hatton, both fights which Floyd saw and declared Pacquiao to be "easy work," will be the same Pacquiao that Floyd will get. So what's the hold up?

14. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Don't know if everyones stickin with updates but thought I'd pass it along since i hadn't seen it, and just saw it on the ESPN ticker last night.

15. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

That tablespoon full of blood, may weaken Pacman. :rolleyes:

16. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

You and MadMax should get your head out of Mayweather's ass. Team Pacquiao have nothing to hide. They are not letting team Mayweather dictating and telling what to do. You can understand the p!ss off attitude of Team Pacquiao since they're being ridicule and their image being tarnished by this accusation.

Have you ever given blood and having a big fat needle stick into your vein and watching it pumping into a container? I've to give a blood sample at the end of every month for 8 months when I was on a medication. Doesn't matter how tough you are. If you see that red stuff pumping/squirting out of your vein you just want to faint. A nose bleed or a small cut isn't the same as as squirting blood.

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Filipino?

18. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Wow, you are a r****d.

African American? How you like that?

19. MadMax

It's a vial of blood. Give me a break. Olympic athletes do it all the time. Yes, I donate blood...they take a pint, I think. This is a tablespoon. They could probably get it by simply pricking his finger.

Great..if he has nothing to hide, then do it...take the test. Instead he's insinuating he won't fight Floyd because he's so offended...but he will go fight Paulie who has called himi out directly suggesting he uses PED's. Awesome.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

What's funny is I can actually understand the reasons Manny would not want to give blood so close to a fight. On the other hand, I look at how much bigger he is now and the condition of his physique and I'm certain he has used anabolic steroids. His vascularity and the hardness of his physique scream the use of androgens. I don't know what's hot in the sporting underground in regards to PED but I would be willing to wager he is either taking winstrol or one of the newer drugs that are based on dihydrotestosterone.