1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Testing issues could derail Mayweather-Pacquiao

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TheGreat, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

This is pretty obvious the reason why Freddie and Manny is against the olympic style drug testing. This is ridiculous if you are clean and a total distraction during training and leading up to the fight.

2. da1

da1 Member

Nothing chillin getting ready for Golden Gloves. I know Danny is with Dre but I was reading a story a while back on ESPN that Dre still charges him but Everlast gives him stuff for free so he wore Everlast for a fight and it hurt Dre's feelings. Havoc is tight though I have to admit I might get some shirts made by Tony just for the hell of it.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Cool, cool. Dre takes good care of Danny. Dre does the robes, jackets, trunks,ect....and Everlast just does his gloves. Dre kicked me down some shirts when they were here for Houston. I'm supposed to go up to Reno for Curtis Stevens/Jessie Brinkley. Are you going up there?

4. da1

da1 Member

No I went to Chicago for Diaz/Malignaggi it was fun. It was kind of awkward though because i went up there with Savannah gym but I don't really know Juan but I know Paulie so I was hoping for a draw lol. After the fight I was hanging with Paulie for a bit then I went back to the bar and Ronnie Shields was there with the other trainers. It was a good time. Hopefully my next trip is Pacquiao / Mayweather if it comes off.

PS Curtis Stevens is hilarious his Brownsville lingo is pretty hip

5. King1

I was supposed to go to that fight but other stuff came up. Haha, that must have been ackward. Reef is really doing a good job with Paulie. How's Sugar baby doing? I'm definitely going to be at Floyd/Pac (it's going to happen, both sides are already bending).

Showtime is funny as hell.

6. da1

da1 Member

Dunno about Sugar Boy just saw him for a second they say he's the baddest 13 year old boy in the country though. His dad seems cool to him in person at least; he took a lot of heat after the New York Times article where it said he trained him so hard he would cry and they got kicked out of Gleason's Gym now they work out at Coney Island Boxing Gym I think. By the same token his dad is doing it because the guy on the other side of the ring won't be so nice it will help him in the long run. Hard preparation makes a test easy but it might ruin their relationship for a while since the kid won't ever have a childhood. The price of fame.

7. King1

He keeps him in line. In Houston, it was Dre, Reef, me and Sugar baby in dre's room and everytime he started tripping, Reef took care of it. He was clowning on Dre's pants. reef told me don't let him get into a fight (because he was looking for one), and then Robert Diaz came up and sat next to me during the Guerrero fight. he accidentally kicked my beer over and it spilled a little on Sugar baby's shoes. He was starting to flip out and I had to explain to him who Robert Diaz was. He tried to fight some dude in the third row to before they moved him. He's real cool though. He's got a bright future.

8. da1

da1 Member

Ya I hope his brain doesn't suffer long term damage from the training from such an early age though. Every punch takes something away from you.

9. King1

I know. That said, let's hope he has a long and successful career

10. Major

Major Member

Err, that's one out of thousands of Olympic athletes complaining. And it turns out he was wrong about it weakening him, given that he won the goal medal.

Athletes set world records all the time during the Olympics. If they were all being weakened by the crazy blood testing, that wouldn't be possible.

11. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Yeah, but guess what? Those are the athletes who been use to it for years. Since this is new to Manny and as it stand. I think this is just one of the psychological/mental affect that is playing with his mind since he doesn't know hand on about this type of testing. I'm pretty sure Freddie went out and say that they don't have no problem with blood testing but have to back track because Manny doesn't like the idea because he doesn't like blood taking out of his body. For him it's a mental state at the moment and it will probably take some more reasoning and he'll be more comfortable about this whole ordeal.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He gave a blood sample within 14 days of the Hatton fight.

13. gambingo

gambingo Member

Im so disappointed that this fight isn't likely to happen. :( :mad: :mad:

14. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

It's been recently uncovered that it was 24 days, not 14 (link).

Regardless, if he cares about his image, I think Pacquiao has no choice now but to take the tests, either as Mayweather is demanding or in some compromise version acceptable to both sides. Like I said in one of the threads laying around here somewhere, this was a shrewd, smart move by Team Mayweather by using the seed planted by Floyd Sr.'s baseless accusations (fueled by Sr.'s bruised ego no doubt) to basically corner Pacquiao into taking the tests.

Pacquiao has every justification to tell Floyd and his extra tests to **** off, as Pacquiao has never failed a drug test, never been linked to steroids physically or anectdotally. The only link is the rantings of Floyd's dad, whose ego was bruised by Pacquiao's ass whooping of Hatton, and who not coincidentally is the father of Pacquiao's chief rival to the P4P throne.

But still, after all the attention this has attracted, refusing the tests just won't fly in the court of public opinion now. Pacquiao has to take the tests in some form or fashion if he wants to clear his name of the dirt thrown on it by Floyd Sr. IMO.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Floyd's dad isn't the only one who has questioned Pac's PED use.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

really? name a source with a link.

17. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

He's the originator and the fuel that keeps the accusation machine running, though.

And Malignaggi, Cintron, Roger Mayweather, Floyd Jr., Jeff Mayweather, or anybody else throwing around the accusations have no evidence to back their claims.

All these guys have obvious ulterior motives, except Cintron. I'm not sure what Cintron's motive is. Maybe to get his name out there, or maybe it's just his personal opinion, who knows.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Oh, now it doesn't matter? Don't you see the point? They basically refused the test for the same reasons that Team Manny are refusing the test. Its all cool and dandy for GBP to refuse blood test but when Manny does it, "HE'S ON ROIDS!!! I KNEW IT!". Yeah, that is completely fair.

19. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4774298&name=rafael_dan

Here is Pacquiao's statement:

20. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Yeah we know Mayweather Senior isn't the only one. A uneducated guy like him got you and the whole Mayweather's bandwagons into believing Pacquiao is on roid.

I just can't wait for Pacquiao to knock that little b**** up and hopefully shut up his pathetic fanboys.