1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terror in Stockholm as truck rams into shoppers with three feared dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Apr 7, 2017.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/terror-stockholm-truck-rams-crowd-10178926

A truck has rammed into a large crowd of people in the centre of Stockholm killing three people.

Witnesses say the large vehicle drove into people in the shopping district of Drottninggata in the Swedish capital.

Police said a number of people had been hurt in the incident, which comes after trucks were used in terror attacks in Nice and Berlin last year.

Gunshots were also heard from the scene with horrific images showing pools of blood in tge street.

Dramatic footage from the scene shows hundreds of people running for their lives as the attack took place.

---------

In related news:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ot-walk-safely-current-attitude-persists.html

Turkey's Erdogan issues chilling warning that Europeans 'will not walk safely on the streets' if his ministers are not allowed to campaign on the continent to expand his powers

Erdogan = Islamist = ISIS

malakas and Yung-T like this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

don't let them in

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Will the media show the dead bodies like they did with the Syrian gas attack?

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Yes because the level of gore from an unseen gas attack and a brutal truck attack is exactly the same.

I'm sure your sick ass can find all the gory videos without the help of mainstream American media.

5. Cohete Rojo

Whoa, what's with the attack? I did not ask Reuters to post images of dead bodies from the Syrian gas attack on their front page, and I am not seeking to find such images either.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

“Guys, let's not jump to conclusions.“

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Another globalist world police thread.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Let's launch cruise missiles!

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think the people of Sweden fall under that category. Keep trying.

AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.
  11. mtbrays

Supporting Member

12. tallanvor

you aren't helping your position.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No, I was saying the "anti-terrorist" posters in this thread (and you?) are puppets of the MSM and are globalist white knights who think they know more than everyone else.

14. mtbrays

Supporting Member

People are allowed to feel indignant when the same **** keeps happening over and over with a common denominator.

Did the media weaponize trucks in European pedestrian areas? Your reactionary, flippant posts over the last 24 hours are really odd and I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'll ask you the same question that I keep asking bigtexxx: you make it sound like the wool is over our eyes and the reaction to terrorist attacks in Europe is somehow unjustified. Pray tell, what is the solution that the rest of us are so blind to?

AroundTheWorld and ima_drummer2k like this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't bother responding to that idiot, he's always been silent when it came to Islam's issues and instead keeps attacking the "evil" West. Won't get anywhere when trying to debate with the guy, he's not even trying to be sincere.

16. Cohete Rojo

Somebody needs to find a way to prevent these trucks from driving into crowds.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Solutions? Oh, you have solutions in mind! I don't. If I may quote a great mind: "Pray tell, what is the solution that the rest of us are so blind to?" What say you? Or are you just complaining again?

18. tallanvor

how in the world could you stop that besides not letting them in? force everyone to have a smart car that wont drive into people? ban all non-smart cars?

19. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Whatever, man. You can be flippant about what I said, too. People are allowed to be upset when the same type of attack happens over and over in Europe (especially in countries that have no foreign presence in the Middle East like Sweden). I am complaining again because innocent people in Sweden should not be the victims of terrorism.

I don't pretend to be a "great mind," I just get frustrated when others act like they're on some sort of moral high ground when it comes to terrorism by refusing to acknowledge some of its root causes and denouncing visceral reactions to its violence as being somehow more repugnant than the act itself.

You want my honest take? I don't know. I do not think that Muslims should be kicked out of European countries and I do not think that people, especially women and children, fleeing violence should be given the cold shoulder. But I also don't think that ideologies that are at existential odds with western democracy should flourish unabated under the guise of "multiculturalism." It's thorny and anybody who pretends otherwise is disingenuous.

Go launch some more of your cruise missile posts into other threads, you're really contributing today.

#19 mtbrays, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  20. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

More refugees and banning truck will do the trick.