1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams to Boston?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coachbadlee, Sep 14, 2012.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its not like they "never" played. None of them were in the rotation regularly, but if your a diehard Rockets fan you got to see enough of them when they did get in to realize why they cant seem to break the rotation. If you know anything about the fundamentals of basketball, I shouldn't have to point it out for each of them. If you need the full breakdown from each player, I would be happy to explain why those flaws can keep you on the bench in the NBA.

All that being said, alot of people get paid alot of money with the Rockets to evaluate who should be playing, and who shouldn't. If someone is playing over someone else, then there is good reason why. Still there were obvious things that fans should have picked up on.

-Alot of people on here, think its some sort of controversy, but like Shane Battier himself said about Terrence Williams in a candid interview on his way out of Houston -"Truth is, he simply got beat out for minutes."

He was given multiple opportunities by the front office. Hell, a good reason why Battier was traded was because Morey wanted the young guys to play. Then, next year you want to tell me that Terrence didn't have the opportunity to beat out a rookie for minutes in training camp WHEN PARSONS WASN'T EVEN SIGNED YET.

Should I go move on to Hasheem Thabeet next. Want to talk about his pathetic D-League stint??? What about Johnny Flynn???

Look, the reason why teams like OKC, Boston, etc. are still picking up players like the 09'ers is pretty simple. All of these teams are at the top of the salary cap, and want to maximize their return on the 14th and 15th roster spot.

They can sign an old timer like Jerry Stackhouse or J. Howard for the minimum or they can take a gamble on a young recent bust with better athletic ability who you can work give to your player development guys as a pet project to see if you can realize that "potential" that landed them into the lottery, and you can also cut them at any time. Something you would have to think long and hard about with a vet. min guy.

To me, its a no-brainer. Take the gamble at no risk. You cant seriously think that any of these teams are actually planning on making these guys part of their rotation this year. When Thabeet starts Round 1 of the 2013 playoffs as the starting center of the OKC Thunder then we can talk.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Isn't that badlee's bedroom poster?

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. I have one of Darko Milicic:grin:.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Free agent guard Terrence Williams has agreed to a training camp contract with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell Y! Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/248918152656850944" data-datetime="2012-09-20T22:54:46+00:00">September 20, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

With Detroit signing him, I am going to re-post my original comment for them as well.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I guess Williams wasn't good enough for the Celtics.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nice try convincing us that Terrence went to Boston and is coveted by a contender.

Sacramento and Detroit. lol and only a training camp invite.

So only 2 of the 4 09ers have serious jobs (not the majority as you said). And one (Hill) we gave plenty of PT to, and the other (that tall dorky kid) won't get much PT in OKC.

What did we miss?

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Coachbadlee and DaDakota are proven once again to be internet dorks and less than insightful basketball fans.

1 person likes this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

And you and Tinman have proven to ride nuts like no other.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

badlee,

you need to make one big thread, call it

Coachbadlee's Scrub tracker

You just need to list all the unproven players you are madly in love with

and track their points and games played

we should have a tipjar bet if any of them amount to starters

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sure. I'll just need you to help me check my record first. Let's see: