1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams to Boston?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coachbadlee, Sep 14, 2012.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Come on man.... how many of those guys are actually franchise players, or even major factors with those teams competing for a title.

Oh, you might say that Jordan Hill was a factor last season in the playoffs for the Lakers, but you have to understand that under their salary cap restrictions they can only afford someone like Jordan Hill who will sign for close to nothing to give them rebounding and interior defense. If you think they wouldn't much rather pursue an Anderson Varejao or Joakim Noah instead then your mistaken. Jordan Hill is the only person they can afford to sign to play that role, and theres no guarantee that he's going to be able to keep his motor running for a full season. We all know he can play when he's engaged, and motivated, but we also have seen what happens during the regular season when he's off in la la land.

These guys still continue to be long-shot players who come with little risk of large financial investment.

Is this really what you guys still want to place the hopes of the future of the franchise in? Morey took a swing at these guys, they didn't live up to their "potential" and its time to move on to young guys with BETTER potential. Let these "contenders" give these guys a THIRD chance at a low risk.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

There was a tweet a month ago that T Will responded too. Someone twittered him saying he should come to Boston and be Paul Piece's replacement. He ReTwittered it and said it wasn't a bad idea.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>great Idea “@<a href="https://twitter.com/jaredwlyons">jaredwlyons</a>: @<a href="https://twitter.com/therealtwill">therealtwill</a> sign with the Celtics an be Paul Pierce's replacement”</p>&mdash; Terrence Williams (@TheRealTWill) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealTWill/status/239878788157157376" data-datetime="2012-08-27T00:15:34+00:00">August 27, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. AXG

AXG Member

Wow, what an idiot

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, you are saying you would want these three players back on the Rockets this year? If you say, no, then you should be able to understand that rebuilding teams in the NBA don't want these players. Bad teams don't want these players unless they can help you tank. So, what's your point?

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah! I live in Boston and hope to see Twill play!

lol

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I apologize. I really should not have brought this back up, but since you asked. My point is, all 4 of these guys went to other teams and produced enough to at least be considered as bench role players. So much so, that they all(except Flynn) have gotten new contracts with contending teams. People gave examples of other times that a contender has picked up a less than favorable player, but we are talking three teams doing so in a short period of time. All they had to do was play. They never got the chance to do so here, for whatever reason.

7. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I'd take an untested rookie over T-Will.

8. heypartner

No. TWill is unemployed right now. You are assuming he will play for Boston.

The fact is: only two of the four have contracts right now.

Stop saying an unemployed TWill is on a contender. Besides, Boston is no more a contender than Memphis is.

9. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I live in Cambridge Alewife area where do you live in Boston?

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Because they suck, it's pretty simple.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's a fan of sucky players though.

12. heypartner

yes, it's a common argument by dorks like DaDakota and coachbadlee. You like sucky players and then construct arguments to blame the coach and gm for why they are sucky...or you blame the team's star for icing them out.

over and over and over again. It's quite humorous.

and then, in your arguments, you fabricate facts like "they all(except Flynn) have gotten new contracts with contending teams." even when this thread acknowledges that TWill is currently unemployed...they still claim it's fact.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What will you say if he gets the contract? Not much i'm sure.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I knew you would show up sooner or later.;)
    If i make them, they will come.

15. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

I'm from Cambridge!
    Had to move to Houston because of employment issues and started to watch rockets.

16. heypartner

If if if.

until it happens...admit that you are making up facts.

besides...like I said, Boston is not a contender anymore than Memphis. So that is a stretch of the facts by you regardless of the IF IF IF he gets a contract.

right now...no one in the NBA has signed him as a free agent. So go ahead and ignore that. It's FREAKING mid september now, and he's still unsigned.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You facts? I'll give you facts. All of the 09ers went to different teams and got the chance to play. The majority of the group has received(or close to receiving) another chance to do just that. Play.
    Do you think Kobe Bryant would let a scrubby, busty Jordan Hill sit at the end of the bench ala Adam Morrison?
    Do you think the potential NBA champions OKC Thunder would have signed Thabeet to a contract if they didn't think he could help them in some way?
    Do you think the Celtics who still want to contend would consider Terrence Williams if they didn't think he could contribute?
    Judging by your posts you probably think these teams are crazy and have just given up hope at a championship.
    Or it could be that you are just in hater mode and don't care anything about reason.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Kenmore Square/Fenway. I'm a college student :grin: at Boston University.

19. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Well, he let Morrison sit there, so why not Hill? That said, Hill can contribute on the Lakers - because his many, many flaws can be hidden when he's playing next to elite bigs like Dwight Howard or Pau Gasol instead of Scola or Dalembert. But that all the more shows that he's just a role player big, not some awesome player - and we already have enough decent PFs, last time I checked.

Thabeet and T-Will can "contribute", in the sense that they can play basketball. But do you think they're going to play major roles, or do you think that they're just going to be 14th men? Seriously,

20. heypartner

Nice how you went from "signed" to "close to signing" lol?

If you exaggerate and lie long enough, people will believe you. However, I'm not one of those people

The undisputable fact is TWill is not signed. And is still unemployed. And it is mid-september now. Same with Flynn. And I will bet you money that Thabeet gets insignicant PT barring injuries.

Quit trying to convince me that TWill is a Boston Celtic right now. And quit trying to convince me the Celtics are a contender. Non of anything you are saying is true, except Hill. But we gave Hill PT as well. All the time.

move on to someone more your size.

#40 heypartner, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012