1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams PR Department (AKA STOP TWEETING)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dobro1229, Jan 11, 2011.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Answered

1 person likes this.
  2. chenjy9

Supporting Member

If the FO or RA can't see behind their personal bias to put the players on the court that gives the team the best chance of winning, then they are not doing their jobs and should be fired. Rockets and RA always said their main goal was to win, not be all huggy lovey. If you want to win, you use the players that best help you win. It is as simple as that. It is because people let their personal bias and egos get the better of them that you have inefficiencies and internal politics. People love the nice guy, but people love winners/success even more.

3. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

The reality is Rockets and Adelmans staff are not getting the job done

4. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

The reality is Rockets and Adelmans staff are not getting the job done

5. gah

gah Member

I don't condone what he's done in the past but I Love these tweets by Eddy Curry:

KyleIM: Get a life. And give NY our money back! RT @Eddy_Curry... 8:23 PM Jan 13th

Eddy_Curry: @KyleIM. Come take it clown 8:33 PM Jan 13th

Eddy_Curry: Funny thing about twitter thugs. U know my schedule and where I am 80% of the year. I walk in the same door park my car in the same spot.

The guy has been through so much that I bet he means it and seriously would like to Zangeif grapple and beat the hell out of an e-thug.

http://twitter.com/Eddy_Curry

I go by the rule of not typing things you wouldn't say to a man's face. Considering we are talking about athletes here, 98% of such offenses wouldn't exist.

6. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

A very, very good point. There are countless clowns out there who say some pretty vile things to these guys that would never have the stones to say it to them face to face. Yes, they're inviting it on themselves somewhat by just having a Twitter, but just because Joe Shmo has a Twitter, that doesn't give him license to be a dick.

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

T-Will 2 hours ago:

8. mrcmx

mrcmx Member

He just posted this on twitter a minute ago:

"I've been a pro here can't be negative I'm def happy but I'm not happy with just getting a check it's my competing nature blame my mom"

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

One one hand, I think someone needs to explain to him about the Rockets situation and the looming trade deadline... how that will likely open time up for him. On the other hand, why tell him? He'll just repeat what he's told on Twitter.

I'm not down on the guy... he just needs to be patient. Could be a matter of weeks.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Clutch,

There is NO guarantee that the situation will change, you want it to, I want it to, Morey wants it to, but if you tell him that...and nothing gets done...YIKES !!

DD

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Then just fine the hell out of him and trade him once the season is done. He hasn't done enough in the NBA to warrant any real attention outside his small fan base.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But the Rox need guys that are 2 way players, and this guy has that potential in him.

If they foster him correctly, maybe he develops into that lead dog they need.

Probably not, but they got to try something as lead dogs are not breaking loose in trades in the NBA much anymore.

DD

13. anchel

anchel Member

Agreed with DD. I vote for ignore him.

14. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I seriously hope we trade Chase soon so we can make room for Williams.

While Chase is a better shooter, Williams clearly offers more with his driving ability, defense and play-making ability. I hope Williams gets better in practice soon so he can take over Chase's role off the bench.

15. anchel

anchel Member

... As long as he maintains a good attitude at practices and on the bench.

16. Rockets_4_life

I like the fact that he is getting frustrated, about no playing time.

It show's that his hungry!! :grin:
    ----------

With that said, Shane Battier really need's to go. His no longer in the long term plans, and should be traded.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree that it is positive that he is hungry, I want success for this guy and the Rockets so it's hard to see how him professing to the public that he is frustrated that will show professionalism to the FO and coaching staff.

I've been following the Rockets for the past 25 years and know how sensative they have been in the history with off the court and locker room distractions.

I also agree that quite possibly the front office is possibly to blame here for
    not communicating poperly to him about the depth of this team and his place till the opportunity comes after the trade deadline or in the summer.

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

trade battier and chase now!!!

i want t-will to start!!!

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Fine him? For what??

Let the man tweet. It's nothing negative. We dont see everything tweeted to him by fans or what is said to him in the streets. You can also be sure he's got friends, maybe even family, telling him to ask out because he's too good for the bench. He could just be re-assuring himself that this is best for him by tweeting comments about patience.

I bet many of us get home and complain about our work situation. The boss is annoying, the hours suck, your co-workers are rude, you don't like a certain routine. The list goes on. We vent all the time. I read it all the time on facebook. He's just more popular than we are. Here people complain about Twill, but if it was a friend on facebook complaining, then you'd see people saying "yeah, fck your boss" or "you don't need to put up with it".

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Players can and have been fined for making twitter comments, because they are public and affect the organization as well as the league. There is a difference between complaining in the privacy of your home vs in the public on twitter. It is entirely within the Rockets FO's right to fine him into silence or bankruptcy if necessary. Do note though, they would not actually be fining him for what he says as it is freedom of speech, but rather for "behavior detrimental to the team/league."