1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams PR Department (AKA STOP TWEETING)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dobro1229, Jan 11, 2011.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Williams was not the only one who didn't get extended. No one will sign Thabeet, or Flynn.

Hill and Williams actually have a shot at staying in this league. Hill just lacks heart. It's hard to keep him motivated. Williams lacks confidence on the court. The only way he can gain that confidence is through practicing daily, beating out his teammates in practice, getting playing time, and using that time to realize he's playing the same game with nine of the best basketball players in this universe.

2. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

Confidence? Really? He sure seems like a cocky guy to me. He lacks discipline more than anything else.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

My guess is he's going to Portland. He seems like the kind of guys that gets homesick easily and that's probably where he'll play his best, as close as he can get to home.

4. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Trade him for Batum :grin:

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Interesting, switch T-Will and Hills demeanors around then you would get the kind of players people WANT them to be.

Hill's demeanor in T-Will's body, Williams would be more a humble like Courtney Lee type going with the program.

If you put T-Will's cocky demeanor in Hill, Hill would be like a poor man's Amare Stoudamire

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So who are these guys?

Keith Jones?

7. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

You know these guys have lives outside of basketball. It's quite possible this isn't even related to his current situation with the team. It's possible it is, & if it is I don't see the issue with it. You are just frustrated because of you expectations are either too HiGH or too low. I'm banking on too HiGH with T-Will.

8. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Something crawl up your leg and compel you to reply to a 13 month old statement as if it was just stated today or are you as HiGHasurNAMEis?

9. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Ha! Not at all. RV6 commented so it climb up the message board. I opened it, read i the initial post, and gave personal insight.

I'll assume something crawled up yours though. & actually I am. HiGH off life itself I pray one day you could be the same. Because you're definitely reaching out when self realization work would do you some good. :eek:

10. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, twitter was a stated reason for some of his time in the dog house in NJ. At any rate, given that he has a high profile job and that his struggles with professionalism are known he should be more responsible with public comments.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry Terrence, this team is stacked with 2nd to 3rd tier players.... there is just no space for you.

12. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I'm working on it. Thanks for the prayers.

13. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

That was NJ. & lets not speak hypothetically just makes things more complex than necessary. Because I could speak hypothetically in his favor & we wouldn't be commenting on this thread.

14. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

...+1.

Anytime amigo. Anytime.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

haha.... yeah check the date. I havent looked at the initial post in about a year, so its funny to look at it a year from then. I think I went to that game that night and was a little tipsy when I got on Clutchfans.

However, Im not saying I dont still feel the same, and wish that the initial Tweets and everything else would have stopped right then and there. As much as Morey stood up for the guy, there are too many people around the Rockets that keep on saying how much he was in the doghouse with Adelman, and how the Tweeting did not help his cause for playing time.

That being said, when he was finally given a third chance this season he simply got beat out by Parsons, and Bud. He seemed to clean up the Tweets a bit and hasnt been reported as being the lockeroom distraction that he was last year.

Good for him though. I think he could still work his way into an NBA rotation as a backup point guard/mismatch type of player, but he's going to have to buy into that role first. The hardest part about being in the NBA for young athletic players like Terrence is to buy into being a role player first and foremost. Good luck, hope you enjoyed H-Town.

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What was hypothetical? Is it not true that the man has a high profile job and there is a media and fan base watching his public statements? Is not the evidence clear that those conditions are true? If they are, then he should be professional and be careful/more responsible with his public statements.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't know, he probably wants to force his way out of Houston to another team where he can get a shot at playing time, and a new contract.

I think he is openly questioning Morey to force his way out.

DD

18. dobro1229

I agree DD. Professional or not, he just wants out anyway he can, and thought it was a smart move to take to twitter as a way out.

I just cant believe his agent would suck this bad to let him go this route. His reputation couldnt get any worse among league front office's now. Good luck getting anything beyond an non-guarenteed contract this summer. Someone obviously doesn't care about their finances I guess.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Other teams won't care if they think he can help them win.

DD

20. dobro1229

You might be surprised how far reputation goes in terms of future contractual agreements, but I know what you mean as far as "what can you do for me now on the court."

Im talking more long term contract wise. Thats why his agent needs to find a new line of work. Case in point, teams keep on picking up Nate Robinson because he serves a purpose for certain teams on the court, but what team out there wants to make a long term investment in the guy?

Terrence has mismanaged himself dramatically from the business side of the game.