1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams PR Department (AKA STOP TWEETING)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dobro1229, Jan 11, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

T-ADHD, just needs to keep bringing it in the game, and folks will laugh about his tweets.

But if he continues to struggle on the playing floor and ends up at the end of the bench again, folks will call him out, and he will have deserved it.

TWill - it truly is.....on you !

DD

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I hope he continues... the second DD latches onto a bandwagon, the second that player suddenly stops growing. Hopefully DD continues his hatred and Twill will be an allstar.

3. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Hmmm....maybe I will have to do my part for the good fo the team.

;)

DD

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Thank you... we all appreciate the sacrifice ;)

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I saw twill and Andre Johnson at the Gucci store in the galleria and both guys r monsters in size and very quite and nice ppl. I was actually surprised but twill dwarfs Andre in size and I'm not just talking about height. twill is a big dude I really hope he pans out cause I like the guy a lot and he has a skill set with his size body and athleticism that not many players have he just need to harness it. I mean if u really think about it how many players 6"6 220lbs with elite athleticism can handle the ball as well as him and our as quick as him. I can only think of wade Kobe lebron rose. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's as good as those guys but his foundation of skills with his athletic ability is better than 99% of the players in the NBA. His potential is of those players he's that talented we should all be rooting for the guy cause we could have the next great player already on our team every team has projects that they hope will realize there potential but we happen to have the one project who's skill set and body could possibly reach those guys status. I think twill is the best project at the guard spot of any non superstar in the whole league, were very lucky in that regard. Take Evan turner the number 2 pick last yr who I think is a fantastic young player with great potential but twills ceiling is higher because of stuff untrainable like his court vision handles and first step, I know I rambled and didn't make much sense but I'm really glad we have him as a project because his potential really is that of a great player and those type of talents don't come along all the time I'm not saying he will pan out but if I had a chance to invest a yr or 2 with him I think u gotta do it cause he could be elite on both ends of the court and from everything i have read about the guy it sounds like he's really trying to become the best player he can be and is taking this very serious this season cause this could be his last real chance to prove he's more than a player who didnt realize he could be one of the best players in the whole league. I think we should all hope he pans out cause then we got our wade for the next 10 yrs then We just gotta find our new Yao lol I know I know easier said then done lol sorry for the long post bad grammar but I'm excited about this guy and all r young guys I can't wait to see them get playing time cause odds r one of them will break out and become a good player lets just hope one becomes an elite one.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

80% of this stuff would NOT matter if T-Will dumped in close to half his shots through the hoop, instead of 1/3 and less. The bottom line of it.

No one cared AS much about Von Wafer's quirks when he was shooting 40% from 3pt range.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When has he struggled on the floor?

I hardly recall ever seeing him play as a Rocket. :confused:

He was freaking fantastic at Louisville, and he showed significant promise in his rookie year in New Jersey. Not sure I ever remember him really struggling. He never played enough to really struggle with the Rockets last year...

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Any notable tweets as of late?

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Did you not watch the first half of the game the other day? Its the tale of two players with T-Will. Even with New Jersey it was up and down. I wouldnt necessarily say he struggled, as much as I would say he plays out of control. Thats just who he is.

One player blows plays, turns the ball over, forgets about playing team defense, takes bad shots, misses open ones, and then the other (good) player plays like T-Will did in the second half of the Spurs preseason game to make people suddenly forget about the atrocious first half of basketball he had.

I know theres alot of "IFS" on this board like, "IF he could just play consistently" or "IF he just had a coach that let him play", or "IF T-Will just could develop a jump shot."

Theres no point in kidding yourself here. T-Will is an elite athlete, but as an NBA basketball player, what you see is what you get. You have to take the good with the bad.

He's always going to be inconsistent, and thats ok. He can still be useful to a team in the NBA coming off of the bench in a 6th man type of role, but dont kid yourself into thinking T-Will, as much as you might like him he will have a difficult time becoming a franchise player or all-star with such a rough start to his NBA career, and game that doesn't bode well for consistency on the court.

I hope he proves me wrong though, and suddenly becomes consistent, but I doubt anyone at this point in their career is going to completely change the way they approach the game. Thats not me being a "Hater," just need everyone here to temper their expectations this year.

#969 dobro1229, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  10. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

[​IMG]

DD sorry man but you are going to eat crow on this one when he starts exploding later this year.

T-Will is just like Balotelli IMO. He is going to have amazing games where everyone will jump on the bandwagon, then bad ones. This until he gets his stuff straight.

And when he does, your going to eat crow man.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I hope Twill has some real thick skin because there was a point when Dream and Rudy T got trashed on this board.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, ya'll act like T-Will is robbing people or something. All he does is play bball and talk trash, half the people I know do that.

Great players overcome all this negativity and force people to respect their game. I hope T-Will does because if he does it then the Rockets benefit. He has all the tools to be a star in this league.

13. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

he's had four coaches in three years with last year pretty much a wash. When he gets consistent playing time, I will then place a judgment on his abilities as an nba player.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Now why is that? Why is it that when a player struggles it is always someone elses fault?

Perhaps TWill was not good enough at the game of basketball to play under those coaches.

And we are not talking physical skills, but more than likely mental ones, where a player plays within himself in order to maximize his skillset.

I think once TWill gets more comfortable and settles down, he will stop pressing and that is where we will find out whether his game fits the NBA or not.

Patience is something that is hard to learn but CRUCIAL to playing basketball.

It is more important than speed and athleticism, knowing when to change speeds, knowing when to set up a teamate, or set up a move on an opponent.

Patience......that is what Twill needs IMO....and I am not talking about patience on the bench towards playing time, but patience on the floor to let the game come to him.....

DD

15. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I'm just saying be patient on judging him. I was a squid hater last year, but there is so much to be down on this team that I'm looking for some bright spots.

He seems to have the tools and the skills for a driving, rebounding wing. I think we can have a better understanding of his game when he's not treated like Brian cook.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I am not a hater, that is what weak minded clowns call people when they have nothing else to say. I want him to succeed just like everyone else.

I agree, it will take consistent minutes and letting him play through his mistakes, without a Van Gundy like hook coming out to get him every time he messes up.

DD

17. 3Four

3Four Member

I'm rooting for the guy. Please do not be JR RIDER. Don't dissapoint me. Please.

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Exactly, the NBA Is littered with physically talented guys who are just not good enough to be truly successful in the NBA.

It is all up to him, he has the tools, he is smart, he understands the game, just needs to put it all together on the court.

DD

19. dobro1229

Thats just my point. A player like Terrence Williams will have trouble keeping any consistent playing time in the NBA because of his inconsistent nature of his game.

I keep on hearing "when he gets consistent playing time..." and "if he improves his shot..." etc. etc... Its all Ifs and Whens with T-Will. People on this board just need to accept who he is, and live with the outcome. Thats all Im saying. He is best served as a 6th man type of player on a short leash during the nights when the bad T-Will shows up.

The issues he had with his past two highly respected coaches not even being taken into account. Im talking strickly on the court. I do not believe he will change as a player whose game I believe is at its peak, but that doesnt mean he still cant be effective as a sporatic 6th man type of role, where his consistency isnt as heavily relied on night after night. Because the T-Will that has a half with 3 turnovers, 0 assists, 0 points on 0 for 4 shooting isnt going away.

Thats just going to happen with a player like Terrence, JR Smith, Nate Robinson, or Isiah Rider. Sporatic moments of greatness tempered with sporatic moments of poor play. Ive gotten over the Tweeting, (which has been cleaned up dramatically) and the lockroom distractions that have been reported on. This is purely from a basketball standpoint.

The future all-star and superstar talk is just ridiculous. However I sure hope like hell he proves me and DD wrong. Id love for him to come out of nowhere and become the face of the Rockets franchise, but I just dont see it. However, there is nothing wrong with being a 6th man type if your game can be controlled under certain coaches. Just dont expect consistent big minutes under any NBA coach on a halfway decent team.

20. dobro1229

And If Terrence reads this then Prove me wrong please. Be my guest.