1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams PR Department (AKA STOP TWEETING)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dobro1229, Jan 11, 2011.

1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Found an interesting one (not by me, just clicking around):
    aKaWhiteboy123 josh washington
    @TheRealTWill man your the worst rocket since i can't even remember thats how bad u r! no heart what so ever! i hope they get rid of u soon!
    11 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

TheRealTWill Terrence Williams
    @
    @aKaWhiteboy123 I kno
    8 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Not saying TWIll did anything wrong here, just found the tweet and response somewhat funny.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOLZ? :grin:

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Haha. Someone is confused and/or hasnt been paying attention.

4. Victorious

Victorious Member

TheRealTWill
    Good win fellas #wordaapp
    1 hour ago

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I can sense the sarcasm dripping from that tweet :mad:

6. arjun

arjun Member

alright thats overdoing it....there was NO sarcasm in that...jeez

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are you being sarcastic?

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The dude's attitude is deteriorating and that's mostly his fault.

Having said that, I sometimes wonder how much the environment contributes to accelerating that deterioration.

Remember that great players don't always have great attitudes. Jordan gave effort, but he was always an a-hole. Hakeem had his fair share of attitude problems. Shaq. Kobe.

At the end of the day, we have to think in terms of winning and profit. I don't think it's profitable or conducive to winning for everyone to be riding this guy hard all the time. I wouldn't be against the coaching staff telling him his Rockets career has been terrible thus far, but that they're willing to give him a chance to change their mind.

Reach out to the guy, if for no other reason than our own selfish interests. At the very least, TRY to maintain his value as an asset, so that if we want to deal him, we can maybe get a second rounder out of it instead of having to cut him.

1 person likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Terrence has some interesting new tweets in a conversation with Kyle Lowry.

Basically, Kyle Lowry is asking him when he will join the team for "Boo-ray" (Card game) again, and Terrence says "Ummm we can play next year, first plane ride, lol, or if u come to my city- hint"

Kyle Lowry responds "but it will b 1st flight lol". (Basically, Kyle reassuring Terrence he will be a Rocket)

Sounds like Daryl and Terrence have come to some kind of understanding. He needs to have a legitmate shot in the rotation, or he needs to be traded. Grizzly Adams had a beard. I am dying to see what this kid could do If he was given important minutes. He has fantastic court vision and the ability to be a lockdown defender.

Kyle Lowry
    Kevin Martin
    Terrence Williams

Is what I (still) am dying to see.

10. PeppermintCandy

I'd be mildly disappointed if Williams decides to spend his entire summer in Seattle, as he seems to say in his tweets, instead of staying in Houston to work on his game with the coaches.

I don't want to read to much into it, but it is surprising that the Rockets organization has been so quiet on the Williams front all year. Normally, you'd get some quotes leaking out about how hard a young player is working despite being out of the rotation. With Williams, nada.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, me too. I want to see what he can do before we give up on him.

BTW, Lowry. Who wouldn't want to play with that guy? He's working on reeling TWil in for the benfit of the team. Dude is straight up kewl.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think that's because those younger players need to be hyped up. Fan reaction towards them is mostly negative or evenly mixed...but there's already a lot of hype surrounding Twill. I think most fans already like him and believe he can already play, but needs minutes.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Going through Twill's twitter gives me a headache. Don't know what the hell he's tweeting most of the time

and wtf does #wordaapp mean, can someone explain, it's kinda bugging me.

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

27 pages worth of posts following this guys life on twitter. Follow your own life. If you dont have one, then get one.

15. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I'm dying to see what he can do when he actually learns how to play team basketball. Until he learns that, I do not want to see him get important minutes. The guy has talent, but man he needs to grow up.

16. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

TWill is just like our boy Vince Young, who can only play to their potential when they are at home with a trusted support cast outside the bball club

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yet, you found it necessary to chime in.

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I don't do much of the Twitter thing myself - but, uh, you have 1200 posts on an Internet message board that you've only been a part of for four months.

At that rate, you're post per day average is higher than just about everyone in here I would guess. glass houses, and all that... :p

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

At least you can respect Twill's honesty in the reply.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

IMO there are several ways to motivate players, or to get them on track.

Some of them need the soft touch, some of them you can leave alone and others you need to ride like a bronco to break them.

Terrance is the latter, he needs to be broken down, have what he loves taken away, and learn to conform to the team concepts, then you can unleash his talent in a controlled manner.

IMO - that is what Rick and the org is doing, they are breaking him down, old school style in hopes that he comes out in the end a more focused player.

Just my .02.

DD