1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams PR Department (AKA STOP TWEETING)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dobro1229, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, once i noticed he was acting silly, i left it alone. Too old for that crap. Never argue with kids. You always win.;)

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

How old are you? 13? Weren't you the one sucking up to this moron in your tweet?

By the way, nice way to dog on your team:

TheRealTWill Terrence Williams
    With the team leaving brad millers house bored in Sacramento #wordaapp

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No, i wasn't sucking up. Read the tweets. We were waiting to see him play and when he got the chance to play, he didn't.

5. DrewDice

DrewDice Member

Coming from a "jank".. and na son, I liked TWill since Louisville..but for everything there's always a reason.. nobody knows.. stalking his tweets?..haha, some people just asking for a comeback..sad..

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Not its not. There's a specific reason why I said it. If I mention the specific reason, it'd piss off some certain people. Because I have a morality clause in my Clutchfans contract, I'll leave the issue alone :eek:

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You know what Drew, i think they're jealous.;)

8. DrewDice

DrewDice Member

Wouldn't doubt it.. some kids just like to bash on ones who started something that had nothing to do with them..then they actually will go out Twitter pages.. nasty..and post more info. SAD. :'(

1 person likes this.
  9. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I've never seen him not give teammates props.

I mean, the guy is waiting and working and trying to make it in the NBA. Its tough to do. If you take an interest, root for him. But all this hate is just silly.

Always seems its people's expectations turned around on itself that generates threads like this.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Maybe it's time to package this guy for an Off Season move? He's made it clear that he's done here.

11. FullMetal Sage

Wow:eek: This is one of the dumbest things I've read on CF's. Hes done here? Are you kidding me? CF's always needs its whipping boy.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Kind of shows the guy's attitude when he is invited to a teammate's house, is with the team and tells the world he is "bored".

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I see you're not a contributing member. Did you not fulfill your bet obligations?

14. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Terrence Williams attended a university for 4 years.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Basketball wise its apparent that Terrence will simply not fit in Rick Adelman's Princeton, Dick Motta, offense as a wing player. He obviously will not buy into the system and his role. Its just not going to happen, and he's old enough now to where he is who he is going to be. He's not 19 years old. He's a grown man and is CHOOSING to not buy into the role he was given after the trade deadline.

Battier said it best when he commented on Terrence during his exit media interview with 610. "The truth is Terrence just didn't beat anybody out." He really didn't. He has been given opportunities and he hasn't done anything better than any other role player in that particular role.

To the Rockets organization Adelman > TWill. If Adelman resigns for a year or two, I would be shocked if Morey didn't find a way to move him.

*-Side Note - I sat about 4 rows from the Rockets bench on Saturday and Terrence's high fives and towel waving I found to be more clownish than anything. He kept on walking out to greet in players coming out of the game right in front of the coaches in particular to make a point.

It was more obvious that he was trying to get the attention of the coaches and overexagerating his team's success than anything. That was the only game this season I have sat behind the bench so I dont know, he might be different during other games but I just found it to be more clownish than excited for his teamates, and it was obvious Sikma and some of the other coaches seemed kinda annoyed by him. Just my take for what its worth.

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Very disappointed in the guy, so much talent but this won't cut it. I was fine with his whiny little tweets but his body language and performance Saturday was really bad, borderline unprofessional. I agree with dobro, his happy bench guy act looked stupid on TV so pretty sure it looked worse in person.

It maybe time to flip the guy at the draft or including him in a bigger deal, some team will be willing to give the guy a chance.

17. dobro1229

More than likely they wait on Adelman and see what he is going to do first, and if Adelman is coming back, finding a way to move him out, even if they have to pay a team to take him away.

They will have three incoming draft picks this next season who will be chomping at the bit to get garbage time and might have the same upside. If Adelman decides to move on, then they might keep him for another half season and see if it works out, but more than likely those new two or three picks will need playing time anyways.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

With the current surge, I wonder if Adelman steps down will Morey just promote Turner to keep the offense in place? If Turner is the guy then Williams better get his act together or I can't imagine the guy being back.

19. dobro1229

If Adelman retires, then I could see Turner getting the promotion. If Adelman decides to move to another team then more than likely his staff follows him there.

From the way Sikma was shaking his head on the bench when Terrence kept on walking in front of the coaches its safe to say that its not just Rick who does not favor him.

The problem Morey would face would be getting rid of him for nothing. If he cant make it under Adelman, than its more than likely he will be blackballed among NBA GM's. Alot more talented players have made this list and never saw the NBA hardwood again.

20. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

There's no defending what Terrence did against the Pacers. There really isn't.

I never ask that our players be great all the time, I don't even ask that they be good. I just want effort. I want to see that they care. It helps me care about them.

Even if Terrence had given half his effort, that would have been good enough. It was a blowout, and he was only going to get a few minutes, so I'm not expecting him to go diving head first into the stands chasing a loose ball. I wouldn't expect that out of any of the other players, either.

But he didn't do much of anything at all, and that's not okay. When a player is in the situation he's in, it behooves them to show consistent effort/energy/hustle, even in a blowout situation. What he did was some bullcrap, and now he'll have to work just so he doesn't lose what few Houston supporters he may have left. As long as he's in Rockets red, I'll root for him to do well, but I no longer care about getting this guy even a couple of minutes of playing time to develop if this is what we the fans can expect from him. Rockets fans have never really tolerated lackluster effort, and I for one am not about to start now.

Having said all of that, I still think many of you are drawing random conclusions based on very little, and reading way too much into his Twitter. Have you ever been to Sacramento? That place is one of the most boring cities on the planet. He's probably not the only one on the team currently that's bored. Let's say though that he was talking about actually being bored at Brad's place. Brad is a 30 something year old Australian guy, Terrence is a black kid in his twenties from Seattle. There probably isn't a whole lot of common ground, there. Which is fine. They don't have to be BFF's, as long as they get along enough and have enough respect for each other to be able to work together, they can hate each other's guts for all I care. That tweet gives absolutely zero insight to the kind of teammate Terrence is.

And I don't think I've ever heard of anybody bashing a player for cheering on his teammates from the bench. You'll have to forgive me for taking those observations with a huge grain of salt, based on the obvious bias against Terrence that you had going into the game. If you spend enough time looking for something wrong, chances are you'll find it, even if it really isn't there at all.

He's not going to get blackballed, either. That's just ridiculous. This is a league where guys who have been caught with guns, caught with drugs, convicted of sexual assault, and various other legitimate crimes, and most of them get a second chance. Terrence isn't a saint, but he's pretty far from J.R. Rider, too. Let's not be silly.

Terrence has given his detractors and those who just wanted to see him succeed with our team alike plenty of reason to bash him. There's really no need to do so about things that aren't exactly quantifiable to us fans, or to just plain make things up and draw bizarre conclusions. He's finally given you real ammunition... You might as well use it.