1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams PR Department (AKA STOP TWEETING)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dobro1229, Jan 11, 2011.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Adelman is watching practice everyday and clearly he isn't impressed.

2. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

So... You talk to Rick, then?

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Chase is a shooter in a form slump, I am perfectly happy with Chase taking good shots and missing them.

Williams is not a shooter, I am not happy seeing Williams dribbling a couple of times and pulling up for a jumper.

If Williams made a mistake while attempting to draw a defender and set a teammate up, I would be perfectly fine with that, if Williams took advantage of the defense being slow to rotate and misses on a drive, I would be fine with that.

Clear difference, baffles me that you can't seem to see it.

4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

How absurd, do you talk to Rick?

Do you know what Morey is thinking? Do you know what Morey says behind the scenes?

5. Antec

Antec Member

One Star.

You seem to be a TWOF....

6. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

I can see the difference, and your argument is starting to clear up now. Don't blame me for your inability to effectively communicate your point.

I'm sure the staff doesn't want Terrence shooting three's, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was kept out of last nights game so that they could get him in practice and try to drill it in his head that when they say they want him aggressive, they mean, "Get to the rim."

My whole point with bringing up Chase was that you asked what the other players would think if Terrence were allowed to play through his mistakes, like everyone else on the roster pretty much. If they aren't getting mad at Chase for playing with his tail between his legs, or for not hitting his shots, or for not playing anything that even remotely resembles defense and still getting his minutes, then why would they be mad at Terrence? Why would you be?

I don't understand the, "Chase is a bum" comments, either. Players, especially young ones, are going to make mistakes, and they're going to go through periods of both good and bad play. Writing either one of them off this early in their respective careers just seems foolish to me.

7. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

Of course not, and I never purported to, either. I can only go off of what I know. Others probably should, too.

That's nice.

What's a TWOF?

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Like I said, Chase bricking a shot does not mean he is making a mistake; Chase is a shooter, when a good shot comes up he should be taking it. Chase will never be a tough guy or play shutdown defense; nor does he pretend to be.

Chase is playing his role, Williams is not.
    What Williams is doing now is equal to Chuck camping the 3 point line and chucking up shots, not Chase missing shots and being a poor defender.

9. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

I used it twice. That makes it my favorite word?

You're grasping at straws, my friend.

10. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

1. Rick watches practice and watches him in his limited game time minutes. If he's not proving himself in those situations, Rick has a right to limit his minutes. He's trying to win right now, not develop T-Will.

2. "Lol i just laugh if you do the same thing over an over expecting diff results then yo ass is insane. Call of duty tonight. #wordapp"----> He tweeted that right after a game we lost where he didn't play. If that doesn't strike you as a shot at the coach, then I don't know what to tell you.

3. Morey is not going to depreciate his asset's value. He also said he wasn't going to trade AB and look what happened.

Look, you obviously don't think a bad attitude is a big deal for a developing young player, but I do. The concerns about his attitude are nothing new either. I've read NJ fans saying losing T-Will was addition by subtraction because of the headaches he caused. I respect Rick's decision for not playing him much and definitely think T-Will is handling it the wrong way.

11. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

LOL. :grin:

12. PlanetG

PlanetG Member

Lolz, guessing that's a little blast for "T-Will only fan" :)

Guy has talent... needs minutes. I def. hope he gets some, but also am really enjoying seeing more of Chase and C. Lee out there, in terms of recent minutes tweaks RA has shot-called on.

13. brooksstephens

T-Will is not a good basketball player. That's why most of his significant playing time has been in the D-League.

T-Will is also not a wise human being. That's why he posts very foolish statements on Twitter.

Just my take, which hasn't changed one bit from the start of this thread.

14. delta69er

delta69er Member

If Twill is not a good basketball player, would he have been putting up triple doubles in the NBA (in case you didn't know, probably the best basketball league in the world)? Would he AVERAGED a triple double in the D-League?

And just because you are either unfamiliar with or have disdain towards the slain that he uses on twitter does not necessarily make him an unwise human being.

15. delta69er

delta69er Member

oops, fixed

16. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

I would say that Terrence needs to work with the staff to carve out a role in the first place, here. That may be why we've seen some inconsistencies with him in the limited minutes he's played. Once we know that he has a clear defined role, then it'll be a lot easier to critique his play.

Which is why I think that people that want to write this kid off right now are being so silly. I know we now live in a world of instant gratification, but this is basketball. If I followed the logic some of the posters here seem to subscribe to, do you know how many awesome players I would have written off, simply because they didn't show a lot in only their second year in the league?

Give him and chance, and give him time. That's all I'm saying. We're willing to do it with 2Pat. We're willing to do it with Hasheem. We were willing to do it with Chase and Jordan and Aaron. Why not Terrence?

If he's great, great. If he stinks, or he just doesn't fit here, then hopefully we can flip him for a better asset. We'll never know one way or the other if he isn't given the chance. Just like everyone else.

17. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

Ah. Well... It is clever, at least.

I like what I've seen from the kid for the most part, but I've been a Rockets fan for a long time, and I intend to be one long after everyone on this roster has moved on in one way or another. Not really sure that needed to be said...

18. brooksstephens

He is a bad basketball player by NBA standards. Happy now?

Also, I'm going to assume that you meant "slang" and not "slain" and that you understand the difference between the two words (perhaps a generous assumption). His slang doesn't bother me.. I know exactly what it means, but when you're telling fans to kill themselves over a twitter account, that's foolish.

19. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

It really is. And its equally foolish to allow oneself to be exposed to the kinds of people that seem to live to illicit that exact kind of reaction from you, simply because of what you do for a living. Tough for me to have sympathy for someone who opens themselves up to instigators like that. I'm not crying for the Lohan every time TMZ gets a peek up her skirt. Put some underwear on.

That's why I think Twitter is dumb. All around. Nobody should use it. Especially if you're not thoughtful enough to realize that everything you put on there can be read and interpreted in any way, by anybody.

20. delta69er

delta69er Member

Ya i know the difference, I posted one right after that one fixing it.