1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams' nasty attitude >:(

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bilaal14, Mar 23, 2011.

1. tofu--

tofu-- Member

My general feeling is he genuinely likes and cares for his teammates and the Rockets but despises Adelman.

That said, his lack of effort a lot of times when he got minutes isn't helping his case.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, his attitude is wrong.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't know why Adelman would "want Williams to fail" if Williams has proven he could help the team win. The guy simply has not not show that he has figured out how to play efficient basketball and the coach is playing guys who know how ahead of him.

I also don't see what point cheering on his teammates is supposed to make. Williams' problem isn't that teammates don't like him as a person, it's that when he plays basketball, he does dumb things like stopping ball movement. If anything, now that we know he has an agenda in cheering on his teammates, the cheering seems rather cheesy and insincere.

4. worzel gummidge

His teammates are probably glad he's not on the floor when they're on the floor.

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Rick has issues?:rolleyes: You mean the coach with the Rockets best winning percentage all time? The one with 940 wins? The 9th most winningest coach in NBA history? Surely he has issues right?

Not Willy the squid. he's a true professional. Just read his tweets, they express his humbleness and great character. When I read them I alwaysthink to myself "Here's a guy who does everything right in his life, takes responsability and truly gives his all.

Please,I'll take Ricks decision making everyday over an unproven player who already pissed off Avery Johnson, one of the nicest coaches in the league.

3 people like this.
  6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

LOL

it's because Mike came in instead of him

pretty simple, the guy is a faker and is exposing himself like a little child

seriously, why would you fak up your minutes when you get some playing time. he had his chances and he blew it.

I just feel bad that he can't move anywhere at this time. Some other team might have a place for a 'whatever player he is"

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

fill me in on this please

because I've watched all the games he played with us, and he is just a ballhog :mad:

I don't care about what he has done with the Nets, he has been in Houston for a while.

8. TheGoldenGreek

I posted this in the post-game thread but I'll just put it here too...my tickets got upgraded so I got to sit fourth row behind the bench! When there was a little over a minute left I yelled, "Rick, put Terrence in the game!" and Terrence turned around and made the "ixnay" sign at me...i was so confused lol

9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

He means if Willy the squid was conducive to winning why would Rick not play him.
    A coaches job is to win so not playing him would hurt team overall. Of course Willy the squid has not show that he is anything but an iso player who turns the ball over and does NOT make you better.

10. PeppermintCandy

Williams must think none of the coaching staff know how to use Twitter.

All this cyber-sulking can't help his cause with his teammates either.

11. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Then he pulled the tmac card and got surgery. Still holding judgement til after next season even though it will be a short one.

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

We should be celebrating another win but all this board does is wonder why the 12th man isn't playing. T-will is obviously in the doghouse, probably due to piss poor attitude and when he did play looking completely lost.

He did not look like a guy that was absorbing what he learned in practice and showing it on the court.

We're playing great basketball and that is all that matters. Terence will get a shot next preseason, and if he doesn't shape up he might get the boot or d-league.

3 people like this.
  13. lionaire

lionaire Member

He sort of has a reason to be mad, why you mad tho OP?

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Adelman does not want T-Will to fail. That is a positively juvenile response to this situation. The players on this team are all expected to be adults, and Adelman's priority is to get into the playoffs and win as many games as he possibly can. Adelman just does not believe that T-Will is the best answer to help the team to accomplish that right now. And as far as I can see, I agree.

Seriously, Adelman is not spending as much time thinking about this as T-Will obviously is. If T-Will wants to dedicate himself to becoming the player he needs to be to beat out Chase Budinger within Adelman's offensive and defensive scheme going into next season, he might just be able to achieve that if he sets his mind to it.

Adelman is not be opposed to T-Will's success regardless of what he currently thinks. But T-Will is not going to be given anything here. He is going to have to earn it. T-Will will have to positively unseat Budinger from the SF job going into next season. T-Will may not know it yet, but he is well past the point where he is going to be given any opportunities abased on his "potential." Potential is an expire-able commodity, and T-Will's potential has passed it's due date.

He has some real competition on his hands for the SF position here, and up to this point he has just not demonstrated that he is better than Chase Budinger. Not even close. But if he gets his attitude right, maybe next year will be his chance.

1 person likes this.
  15. LandryMegaBeast

he was pretty animated when chuck got his triple double.. i was behind the bench so i saw him the whole time... i wondered where he was at the end.

he mustve been pissed cuz our lineup at the end of the game was dragic carroll hill harris and someone else who i cant remember. i think he and miller were the only 2 that didnt play tonight.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Haters complaining about him leaving 10 SECONDS early?

He jumped off the bench when Chuck got his triple double.

He's not playing garbage time anyways because he's still rehabbing from Abdominal surgery.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

What a great post. Thanks.

You really hit it on the head irt to hot dog Williams.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Fixed it for you because I understand what you are trying to say, and I agree with you.

1 person likes this.
  19. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Twill has proven to be a tool when he gets garbage minutes... however I wonder if he makes any effort at all during practice to buy into coach's system...

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

thanks for pointing that out

I misunderstood what he was trying to say. :confused: