1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones has more upside not named Ant Davis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shawndme7, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I wouldn't move him either. Our chemistry is looking much better now with the starting 5 we have now.

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Thread title, dafuq?

3. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Terrence Jones has played well lately. He was given the start thanks to the pouting Asik. LOL

I still kind of believed though that had Asik not half assed his efforts during the Twin Tower experiment. We would have won more. But judging on his efforts it was like he was just there to be there, and didn't really care much. But then again, if Asik didn't do what he did, Terrence Jones would have earned little minutes.

So thank you, Omer!

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

always on his side but it is too early to tell...sky is the limit

5. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

I posted something similar a couple months back re: TJones and Donuts. I agree with you completely about Jones and think he is the future at the 4 for the Rockets, and I don't think it will take 3-4 more years as some have suggested for him to become a force for this franchise.
    We are already seeing his massive improvement now that he is starting and being given big minutes. His D, his range and his motor have all made major leaps since last season. Donuts looks to be progressing at a much slower pace and will not be getting a lot of minutes until he makes major improvements.
    As far as trades, I don't think I would even take Love over Jones. Of course, for right this second, Love is offensively light years ahead of just about all 4's in the league. But he would capout the Rockets for the next4-5 years and wouldn't allow any other additions to the team. Jones is a bargain and doesn't take up 30%+ of the cap.
    LMA is the same financially, hamstringing the Rockets for the entire time we currently have Harden and Howard signed. I think Jones tremendous ceiling and his athleticism are his biggest advantages over the current top 4's in the league, LMA and Love. Jones is faster and has better handles than LMA and is twice the athlete Love could ever hope to be. LMA and Love have peaked, and both have me more than a little concerned over their injury history and their brittleness. Neither has had entire season consuming injuries, but the number of different small injuries and how often they get these little injuries is what worries me.
    Jones is only 21, love is almost 26 and LMA is 28. I love Jones' game, especially at his price and how much his game has improved already and I think we should stick with him, resign CP25 and Jones to extensions, and use the Asik money freed up after his trade for a nice backup C and a lockdown SG/SF with 3 pt range. The Rockets will scare the crap out of the rest of the league for the next 4-5 years as they ALL improve and reach their primes.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no Rookie of the year statement when he is in his second year

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

interesting about TJones

his OFFrating in his first 11 games is 117.9
    in saying that
    his OFFrating in B2B's (in which he has 4) his rating jumps to 128.6

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am glad Jones is playing well,and I am rooting for him. I do feel however that the OP is over rating him.
    He still has a long way to go, and it is unrealistic of people to expect him to slow down Randolph. If he can give a good account of himself defensively against bigger PF's,it will be a huge plus point for us.

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

.......... Zach Randolph????

10. saleem

Yes,because Zach is physically bigger than Jones and skilled as well. Zach has had 4 good games out of the last 5 that he has played in.
    It will be a good test for Jones IMO,and I hope he will do well against the Grizzlies.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Zach Randolph is a monster. It will be a huge test for Jones (any PF for that matter).

12. PhiSlammaJamma

After the defense adjust, let's see what we have. But a nice start to his career. And a pedigree to fit the bill.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

He will make the rookie sophomore game ALL-STAR weekend if he continues to start on a playoff bound team in the west. "which is a big accomplishment" I went to the game last year in Houston, Faried got MVP, parsons, Lillard, Irving etc made the squad

14. Remii

Remii Member

If Alexey Shved can make the shooting stars challenge _ TJ will definitely make it if he continues starting. Not a lot of rookie/sophomore bigs playing as well as he is and putting up the numbers he is...

15. saleem

Yes indeed ,if he can hold his own along with help from Dwight and Asik ,it will be a big plus point for us.

16. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

They were never getting LMA or Love

17. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

That's funny !!

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I love Terrence Jones' game, his versatility, and he can round into quite a player.

If there's a problem, it's that there are so many excellent 4's in the league, and so far in games against us they've all popped wood knowing they're going against a newbie. And scored a ton.

Now, we can't have an All Star at every position, and Tjones with playing time might learn to hold down some of these guys he's going up against.

It might come down to what gets done with Omer Asik and if Tjones has to get packaged with him for whatever player we get in return. If nothing else, our chemistry is much better, and Tjones is showing other teams that, like Parsons, he's not just some inexpensive trade throw-in. Kid can play.

That he lasted til 18 in the draft eases some of the sting of Morey's blunder in drafting Royce Head-Case White.

19. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

TJones made Coach Thorpe's top 20 sophomores, coming in at number 5.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10037262/ranking-top-20-sophomores

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member